• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The NEVERENDING Gas Price Thread

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I got $1.97 at the local Speedway this morning and filled up.

Well mostly filled as the card readers on the pumps weren't 'reading' correctly. I'm sure they weren't rationing though. Just an odd accidental timing. :smirk:

Bubba

Cyburbian
I did start seeing some sub-$2 prices this past weekend. Don't know if any place has gotten to below $1.90 yet, though.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Damn. Still above $2.50 / gallon around here. THe Syracuse area, about 60 miles away, is 20¢ / gallon cheaper. This area has traditionally had very expensive gas prices for upstate New York; usually close to the average price in the NYC area.

Veloise

Cyburbian
$1.85 last night.

Shell has a member benefits program that offers 5 cents off a gallon, and in September they start a promo called Big Ten Tuesdays. Ten cents off a gallon, runs through the end of basketball season.
Not being a sports fan, I add it to my calendar so I get a Tuesday morning reminder. BUY GAS.
Looks like the cancellation of the NCAA stuff means that BTT has ended for the year. Still, I paid about $4.25 on Sunday March 8.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
I paid $0.79 a gallon - wiping out my loyalty points and filling up to the brim.

It was worth it to go the extra 5 miles (each way) out of my way to save. And if the directors make a decision to allow more/require all telecommuting, this tank will last at least 3 weeks.
So this was 2 weeks ago. I'm at the end of Week 2, and still have 3/4th of a tank. I think I'm good for another couple of weeks, especially since we're WFH again next week.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
$1.789 today. Can’t remember the last time it was that low. Unfortunately, I don’t need any.

Planit

Cyburbian
Down another dime to $1.54.

It's dropped 50 cents per gallon since the first of March.
The same store was down to $1.50 yesterday morning. This morning, that store had raised the price up to $1.65

However, look at this store in Ohio - hink, is that you in line?