• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

The NEVERENDING Gas Price Thread

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I am now seeing it under $2.00. What is very interesting is seeing E-85 priced higher than regular unleaded gas.

Down to $1.79 now. Between gas prices being halved and the Illinois income tax hike being allowed to expire, this is great. Hopefully our local economy will see a nice little boost.

I don't know if it's weather-related or competition-related or what, but this one gas station near me had its gas swing from $2.25 to $1.74 back to $2.25 in one 24-hour period. Now it's at $2.19. The one across the street is at $1.99. I feel like the gas stations are trying to find a happy medium, but they don't know what it is.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Prices jumped 30 cents a gallon about a week ago and were up to $2.04 but slid back down to $1.95 this a.m.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
$1.83 I heard prices aren't going to be staying down much longer. It was a nice respite however brief it was.

Gas jumped 30 cents in our area yesterday.

Many in the news are saying that it is in response to a refinery strike. (LINK)

Are the unions to blame for the high gas prices?
Since bargaining first started on Jan. 21, the union has rejected five offers from Shell.

The union is seeking annual pay increases of 6 percent, double the size of those in the last agreement. It also wants work that has been given in the past to non-union contractors to start going to USW members, a tighter policy to prevent workplace fatigue and reductions in members' out-of-pocket payments for healthcare.