• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING "Humans Suck" Thread

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
I hate people...people suck :(

Sure there are some great people is this world, and maybe some communities they may even be a majority, but I never see it. Lets face it, nice people - or at least quiet and considerate people - are an ever shrinking minority. From inconsiderate jerks all the way up to mass shooters, people just suck. And I think Covid has brought into the forefront and out into the open the true bowels of humanity and revealing what has been festering below the surface for decades.

I just assume that pretty much everyone is an asshole and about 80% of the time I am right. For example, for every case you hear about front line workers sacrificing everything in the fight against Covid, there are 4 jerks who are going to wreak chaos and mayhem with impunity.

Post threads and links about the slime of humanity.

Teens giggle during robbery, assault of 80-year-old Asian man in California, video shows

Last edited:

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian

Bubba

Cyburbian
This is a local news story. I hear these lowlifes every hour of every day, winter, spring, summer, fall. It started almost immediately after the lockdowns last spring and has not let up one single bit.

I've called the cops dozens of times, to no avail. These lowlifes know this and will tear through neighborhoods and race down streets with impunity.

Toledo area homeowners fed up with loud, roving bands of off-road vehicles in neighborhoods, parks
Off-topic: There's a now-defunct board I used to post on where something like this would be guaranteed to generate a post in response along the lines of "Man, some lowlife keeps calling the cops when I'm out minding my own business, riding my dirt bike with my friends in Walbridge Park." :cool:

Planit

Cyburbian
There's a lot of the "I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want" attitude in society right now.

Being considerate to others is being squashed by 'my freedoms'

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
The pandemic revealed how much America has changed. We have lost the ability to see how our actions affects others. For that matter, the ability to care about how actions affect others. For some of us older ones, we have witnessed the change in society to a more self centered culture.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Well....certain human for sure.

I'd hesitate being an absolutist though.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I'd hesitate being an absolutist though.
Are you absolutely sure about that?

But on topic, the stories of human trafficking and people selling their own children into slave labor or prostitution. Movies like Taken or Rambo Last Blood always hit a nerve with me because things like that really happen, and it's not just in some foreign country, but right here in the US and involve people that would otherwise seem like upstanding members of society. Events like mardi-gras, the super bowl, the world series, or similar activates also become magnets for the lowest of the lowlifes. I also happens right under our noses. Exchanges happen anywhere from a roadside stop attraction, to an amusement park, to your local Walmart in a way that you would never expect something wrong is going on. And the worst of the worst pray on those with disabilities. I am not one to normally pray for vengeance, but in those situation there is no punishment too horrific for those who commit such atrocities. Take Epstein as an example. The only downside to his death is he didn't rat out other guilty parties first.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The pandemic revealed how much America has changed. We have lost the ability to see how our actions affects others. For that matter, the ability to care about how actions affect others. For some of us older ones, we have witnessed the change in society to a more self centered culture.
I was going to respond to this thread giving numerous specific examples, but I think the point has already been made. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Chris Harrison sucks

I always thought this guy was a real creep. If you've ever seen him on the bachelor, he's comes off as a voyeuristic SOB. He really does make my skin crawl, but not a much as finding out that he's getting an eight figure payout. :mad:

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
I hope there is a special place in hell for ALL internet scammers, robocallers, fraudsters, etc.

Scammers.jpg