• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Humor The NEVERENDING Planning Meme Thread

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
We used to have a fence viewer. Under statute, they were supposed to record all of their determinations with the Clerk. They never did, for 20 years. Now when somebody comes in and wants to lean on an opinion they say they got from the fence viewer, I have three words for them: sur-vey-or.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Seriously, folks, how old is the code?

how_old_is_the_code_vacuum_tube_factory.jpg

how_old_is_the_code_glue_factory.jpg

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Moderator note:

For the sake of preserving Internet history, feel free to dump any Planning Peeps memes you might fave or find here. :)

Moderator note:

For the sake of preserving Internet history, feel free to dump any Planning Peeps memes you might fave or find here. :)

2011 was the last year she was "safe for the workplace":
1600659121963.png

During the "I Haz Cheezburger" fad:
1600660279111.png

When "I Haz Cheezburger" fad was fading:
1600659469051.png

For NUMTOTs
Not Fake News=> Daniel Radcliffe was once your age!
Ride_Brooms.jpg

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
...Reminds of me the quirk in my State's laws that permit the creation of a 'Port Authority' regardless of whether you're on navigable waterways or not.
You should bring this up to the CM in your Goals & Objectives for next year -- to create a Port Authority!!!

(This is only funny if you are NOT on a navigable waterway.) :)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
You should bring this up to the CM in your Goals & Objectives for next year -- to create a Port Authority!!!

(This is only funny if you are NOT on a navigable waterway.) :)
They are done at the County level and my county already has one.

And....I work for a strong mayor system. So no professional CM for me. ;)

Last edited: