• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

The NEVERENDING Political Discussion Thread

Bubba

Cyburbian
A referendum to pave the way (figuratively speaking) for MARTA expansion into Gwinnett County (northeastern Atlanta suburb) failed yesterday, roughly by a 54% - 46% margin. Anyone who thinks that the northern Atlanta suburbs have flipped to blue (or are even trending towards blue absent candidates running on an ORANGE MAN BAD platform and/or accepting millions of dollars of out-of-state dark money campaign contributions) is apparently sorely mistaken...

DVD

Cyburbian
A referendum to pave the way (figuratively speaking) for MARTA expansion into Gwinnett County (northeastern Atlanta suburb) failed yesterday, roughly by a 54% - 46% margin. Anyone who thinks that the northern Atlanta suburbs have flipped to blue (or are even trending towards blue absent candidates running on an ORANGE MAN BAD platform and/or accepting millions of dollars of out-of-state dark money campaign contributions) is apparently sorely mistaken...
Phoenix is also having a vote on the future of light rail expansion. I call it the rich people want bigger roads and no buses bill. I wish people would explain that the more poor people that take bus or light rail the fewer cars that are in your way and you can happily drive that jag or bmw.

We're also getting a state ballot just for Phoenix (councilman can't get it through Phoenix). It's the pay off the Phoenix pension debt bill. Oh, and the city can't raise it's budget until the pension is paid off. Kind of like saying you don't get a raise until you pay your debts knowing you don't have the money to pay your debts now. Arizona still carries a lot of red. I think we get it from the retired midwesterners who keep coming here and ruining our state like they did theirs.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
What's with the Beto love? I really don't get it. The dude couldn't win an election in his home state but I'm supposed to think he's the one to unseat the sitting president. What gets people excited about him? What policy positions does he have? It's just weird to me. I've been saying for two years the Dems will totally screw up this next election even though it's there for the taking. But nope, gotta try to be all things to all people and instead alienate a whole lot more. Ugh. Wake me in 2024.

The One

Cyburbian
What's with the Beto love? I really don't get it. The dude couldn't win an election in his home state but I'm supposed to think he's the one to unseat the sitting president. What gets people excited about him? What policy positions does he have? It's just weird to me. I've been saying for two years the Dems will totally screw up this next election even though it's there for the taking. But nope, gotta try to be all things to all people and instead alienate a whole lot more. Ugh. Wake me in 2024.
He did win his Congressional seat. The level of crazy in Texas means he can have a pass for not beating the leader of the American Taliban. There is a LONG way to go.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Well, he's tall, so he's got that going for him which is good...