• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The NEVERENDING Political Discussion Thread

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Grand jury testimony (legally protected due to personally sensitive information), classified info, etc.
Plus there are likely to be redactions for ongoing investigations (ie. investigations for a slew of criminal activities coming down the pike from SDNY)

DVD

Cyburbian
Who wants to bet the released version looks like this:

It was the XXX of XXX, it was the XXX of XXX.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Reading Vol. II of the Mueller report right now. I'm actually impressed with Jeff Sessions, Don McGahn, and even Corey Lewandowski. All three were asked repeatedly by Trump to do things unethical and borderline illegal, and they refused. It cost all of them. McGahn especially, he really held strong even with Trump perpetually breathing down his neck.

DVD

Cyburbian
I glanced through the report I'm happy to see it's not as thoroughly redacted as I expected. So in my quick glance I get the attitude of, yep, he did some shady sh!t, but being a lawyer and not a judge I'm not going to say if it was wrong and it's not my place to press charges. I'll let congress do that.

Hink

OH....IO
Yea the report certainly doesn't exonerate him. It really makes him look pretty crazy. It also makes the people around him look weak (except that they protected him by not actually doing what he asked of them). But being mean and crazy isn't illegal.

I hope the D's will move on, but from the early reporting, it doesn't look like that will happen. With 18 months until an election, they should probably just focus on that. Use the damn report in how you run against him, but we have to move on.

I will say that no one who is innocent says "This is the end of my Presidency" when you find out they are looking into you.