The NEVERENDING Political Discussion Thread

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I don't think that the CNN report from the border had the effect that they wanted it to have... I still don't support the wall, but I think that CNN should have done a better job of finding a place that has a wall and a ton of activity or a place without the wall and zero activity if they were trying to paint that picture.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
So Rudy sez The President should be able to assert Executive privilege to 'correct' the Mueller Report before it gets released to Congress and the American public.

You know, that seems entirely reasonable to me. After all, Mueller is only human. And being human means he could make mistakes and include erroneous information and come to incorrect conclusions. So of course Trump should be able to make a few appropriated changes as needed. But as reasonable as this all is, I'll just dare to bet you a handful of vocal libtards and the lamestream media are going to cry foul over that. Whatever happened to common sense.

A coworker made a comment that the proposed cost of the wall is less than 0.1% percent of the total budget. Now, I am not in favor of the wall and I think that it is a stupid idea, but are both sides really doing this for 0.1% of the budget?

gtpeach

Cyburbian
A coworker made a comment that the proposed cost of the wall is less than 0.1% percent of the total budget. Now, I am not in favor of the wall and I think that it is a stupid idea, but are both sides really doing this for 0.1% of the budget?
Even if it is 0.1% of the budget, there is a lot more at stake. It's a really clear example of people arguing over positions instead of over the interests. They're arguing over funding for the wall. But the disagreement isn't really over funding for the wall - it's a wide variety of other issues that are really complicated and difficult to parse out. So they end up arguing over the more simple disagreement of funding for the wall...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Even if it is 0.1% of the budget, there is a lot more at stake. It's a really clear example of people arguing over positions instead of over the interests. They're arguing over funding for the wall. But the disagreement isn't really over funding for the wall - it's a wide variety of other issues that are really complicated and difficult to parse out. So they end up arguing over the more simple disagreement of funding for the wall...
Quite. Just like all the noise and furor over federal funds going to Planned Parenthood. In that case we're talking about $ millions with an 'm' not billions. Throw another zero or two in front of that % sign. Congressional arguments swirl around questions of funding, but it's really not about the money.

The dems must NOT cave on this. Not even if the appropriation is for $1 towards the wall. If Trump discovers he can get his way like this, he'll shut down the government every time he wants something.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Message for all
It Snowed Last Night..
8:00 am: I made a snowman.
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the street complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up .
8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The code enforcement officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from FOX showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
Moral:
There is no moral to this story. It is what we have become all because of snowflakes.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Of all the things to come out of the Trump presidency, pictures of mountains of fast food for the Clemson meal has to be the funniest. It's so absurd. Gravy boats from the Lincoln administration held freaking McDonald's sauce. "It has to be their favorite food" he says. No, it's YOUR favorite food. These are freaking professional athletes, most of them probably haven't had McDonald's in years.

Hink

OH....IO
These are freaking professional athletes, most of them probably haven't had McDonald's in years.
This is something that Tom Brady and Lebron James changed. You don't see smoking, or eating unhealthy anymore. They only eat good food and build their bodies up.

I think Trump's ignorance to almost all things outside his very small worldview is humorous.

Planit

Cyburbian
..and you know all those burgers and pizzas and fries were hot and fresh, right? tRump paid for them himself too!

All that work for a 15-0 season & national championship and their reward was a lukewarm greasy meat-product on a stale bun. Sad!

AG74683

Cyburbian
..and you know all those burgers and pizzas and fries were hot and fresh, right? tRump paid for them himself too!

All that work for a 15-0 season & national championship and their reward was a lukewarm greasy meat-product on a stale bun. Sad!
The fries were repackaged in a cup with the Presidential seal on it and held under heat lamps. I didn't see any McRibs, meaning even the President of the United States doesn't have the pull to get those back out of season!!

Gedunker

Moderating
I get a perverse satisfaction that when Bitch McConnell dreamt of being the Senate Majority Leader this wasn't at all the scenario he imagined, not by a long shot indeed.