• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Yesterday, Wisconsin had near record high temps, it was 83 at 5:30 PM where I live. It was a great day for golf or anything outdoorsy. Today its cooler but still very mild. We usually have our first hard freeze by now, but its not in the forecast for the next week.

Looks like the weather will hold out for the Midwest Cyburbia Laefest on Thursday too!

So...hows the weather over there?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
It got cooler than normal quicker here. We have had some days in the upper 50s i guess with our first frost a couple weeks ago. Then another few days near 80 but I think all thats over. The trees are all painted and its nice. Warm during the day, chilly at night-great football weather! *converted Hookie fan*

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Great fall weather, not too cold or rainy yet. I wish it would stay like this for a while.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Beautiful here too.
62 degrees (17 C), clear and sunny with a slight breeze. Almost perfect early fall weather.
Me thinks today would be good day for a little "field work" :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Started off nice - 'bout 17C (62F) - it's going to get cooler over the day, and there is a good chance of rain...

SGB

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Started off nice - 'bout 17C (62F) - it's going to get cooler over the day, and there is a good chance of rain...
Similar weather about 338km (210 miles) east-southeast of you, Tran. Except it's already begun to rain here.

jmf

Cyburbian
We had been having incredible weather but I had to scrape the car window yesterday and I think I may have heard the f word on the radio this morning - but hopefully I was imagining things.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Re: The NEVER ENDING hows your weather thread

Chet said:
Yesterday, Wisconsin had near record high temps, it was 83 at 5:30 PM where I live. It was a great day for golf or anything outdoorsy. Today its cooler but still very mild.
Same here in Chicagoland

moose

Yesterday's weather was weird here in Oregon. We had record highs for this late in the year -- Portland came in at 77 degrees, and Eugene had the state high at 80 degrees. Where I am, it was cool in the morning, and then _really_ dark clouds but warm, muggy air. I fear that it may be more of the same today....

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Mostly sunny with highs around 80, lows around 68-70. Perfect outdoor weather for FL.
As Planderella indicates, it is the same in Louisiana but with low humidity. It feels great!!! :D

Jeff

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
It got cooler than normal quicker here. We have had some days in the upper 50s i guess with our first frost a couple weeks ago. B]

Make sure you keep this thread up to date, I need some crystal clear weather on Sunday with temps around 55-60.

donk

Cyburbian
All but JMF can bite me.

On the weekend we had that rotten snow /sleet crap. Today, I had to scrape the whore frost (wonder why it called that) off of my windshield.

Site visit this morning, froze my hands taking pictures, will be putting the down vest on and gloves after lunch.

Getting ready to put the plastic up over the rotten windows in my house.

While I love winter and fall, I hate the time between the leaves turning and the first snow.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
perfect for a bike ride in shorts and a t-shirt it was 80 degrees at 4 pm.
yes, I left work early just so I could go for a ride.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
All but JMF can bite me.
LOL

We are also in a 2 year draught. We are about 20" below the norm for the past 18 months. Some local lakes are down as mush as 3 feet.

nerudite

Cyburbian
It is supposed to be nice here today... 17C/63F. It's foggy right now, which is really pretty in the river valley. I had to scrape my windshield yesterday, which was a bummer. By the end of the week though, it's supposed to only get to a high of around 6C/43 F :(

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
Rain but warm yesterday, mid-60's. The next couple of days we're forcast to have near record warm weather--upper 60's. But by Thursday, back to overcast and 40 degree temps.

donk

Cyburbian
JMF can now bite me too, even though she'll be getting this weather tomorrow.

It just started to snow. It won't stay, but it is rotten.

Thanks Chet for making me think about the weather.

donk

Cyburbian
Plannergirl, don't look. ;)

That light blur, that looks like filth is the snow. As taken from my office window.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
We've had frost a few days in a row....been averaging upper 40's to low 50's in the day.....mid to low 30's at night.

Like donk, I need to go get that plastic crap for my old windows.

H

Cyburbian
It is sunny and a little hot today.

(This forecast could apply for about 340 +/- days a year).

NHPlanner

Staff member
Re: The NEVER ENDING hows your weather thread

Chet said:
Looks like the weather will hold out for the Midwest Cyburbia Laefest on Thursday too!
Can't believe we all missed this gem.

Change is plans for the get-together Chet? ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: The NEVER ENDING hows your weather thread

NHPlanner said:
Can't believe we all missed this gem.

Change is plans for the get-together Chet? ;)

LOL we'll see if Cardinal brings that blind date for me! ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Raining.. (what a news flash...) softly though. Temperature must be around 15ºC. Cloud layer is below 500m (I'll even dare to say that's at about 250m)
Spring you say? nah we don't have that.

tsc

Cyburbian
60F and partly sunny.... but the cold weather is coming tonight.

Perfect weather for a stroll at lunch,

ludes98

Cyburbian
103 yesterday. 103 today. Will be the latest day of the year over a hundred. New record. This part of globe be warming.

kms

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Beautiful here too.
62 degrees (17 C), clear and sunny with a slight breeze. Almost perfect early fall weather.
Me thinks today would be good day for a little "field work" :)
Same here. These are the days that the home office moves to the picnic table. :)

donk

Cyburbian
When we meet chet, you are a dead man. May your piercings freeze. ;)

The snow just keeps coming. My prediction that it won't stay is probably wrong.

here is an updated, really snowy image

Now to find my shoe covers.

Last edited:

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: The NEVER ENDING hows your weather thread

Chet said:
LOL we'll see if Cardinal brings that blind date for me! ;)
Sorry, Chet. But then mine won't be coming either. :(

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Like donk, I need to go get that plastic crap for my old windows.
Crippps, we already did that when it was getting cooler, then it got warm again. I'm keeping the parrot outside until he tells me when its gotten cold.

Otis

Cyburbian
At this moment on the central Oregon coast it is sunny and warm (63 degrees F). For the last week it's been very windy, with some rain thrown in.

All you midwesterners who are about to bemoan the snow should consider relocating here where it almost never snows, almost never gets below freezing, in fact. I need a senior planner: any takers?

donk

Cyburbian
Rich Townsend posted
I need a senior planner: any takers?
8 years municipal experience enough? And a desire to move.

Typing skills only ok.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Well... this is spring.. now it's mostly cloudy.. and I bet that in an hour or so it'll start to rain again, and then it'll be mostly couldy or partly cloudy... In Valdivia... You never know...But you can bet it'll rain! (at least for like 10 months)

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
The snow just keeps coming. My prediction that it won't stay is probably wrong.

here is an updated, really snowy image

Don't even think about sending this my way, I have to do an hour long walking tomorrow of heritage architectural in the Town.

NHPlanner

Staff member
donk said:
our parking lot is now completely white.
I'm glad I'm south of you donk. It's been a cold rain here all day, though the sun is out now.

donk

Cyburbian
The worst part of this is that I have a commission meeting tonight. Good thing i only live a 10 minute walk from the office, if the weather keeps up.

The salt trucks are just starting to spread now.

I'll post another image before the end of the day.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Ok so I guess for 10-21-03 Donk officialy has the suckiest weather...

donk

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Ok so I guess for 10-21-03 Donk officialy has the suckiest weather...
Please tell me I win an all expense (I won't make you pay for beer) a trip the midwest "laefest".