• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Well that's a smart sled dog then.
No, she's not that bright. Let me give you an example: she's laying around all day doing nothing, so I suggested why not do something useful and complete our taxes. I gave her all the receipts, w-2's and 1099's she would need. Well this dummy decides NOT to itemize with a 1040A and instead goes with a 1040EZ form. I took one look at it when she finished and realized she would have gypped us out or $750 in medical deductions! Not so bright.

Planit

Cyburbian
No, she's not that bright. Let me give you an example: she's laying around all day doing nothing, so I suggested why not do something useful and complete our taxes. I gave her all the receipts, w-2's and 1099's she would need. Well this dummy decides NOT to itemize with a 1040A and instead goes with a 1040EZ form. I took one look at it when she finished and realized she would have gypped us out or $750 in medical deductions! Not so bright.
Oh I get it now. She just wanted the EZ way out.
She probably ate the tax return too.

Reactions: kms

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Looks like we're definitely on the lower end of the original forecast. I don't think there's even 2" of very light, fluffy snow out there.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Snow day today. I have absolutely no idea why. It snowed maybe two inches last night. The temps are in the 20's. I think the school district was feeling cheated that they'd gotten no snow days yet this winter and were concerned there'd be no more opportunities before spring.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
It's a balmy 11 degrees, but there's almost no wind, so it's a warm 11 here as well!

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
It's been raining the past two days here and going up the mid 60s today. We turned on the A/C yesterday as it was stifling in the house. I guess I'm truly a southerner now to be turning on the air in February.

Planit

Cyburbian
We had a heavy dusting here yesterday afternoon. The schools panicked and they were closed for the entire day & today is a 3 hour delay for possible black ice.

The thing was that the snow didn't start until 2:30 (schools release at 2:40). The temperature was hovering around 34 and the roads were just wet.

Work is on a 2 hour delay this morning.

I understand there was more snow down east between Raleigh & the coast.