• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Bubba

Cyburbian
Temps will get up into the mid-80s this afternoon here in the ATL (die, Covid-19, die!). On the flip side, the pollen count today is close to 6,000...yellow pine pollen clouds everywhere.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
There’s a tornado warning in the PA counties west of me, and the adjacent counties in WV and OH.
It rained like the dickens here in my part of NE OH. It looks nice and fresh in the neighborhood now and it’s about 64F at the moment. Though it’s forecasted to drop into the 40s by the end of the day.

kms

Cyburbian
We had several strong and intense storms yesterday. A man cleared debris away from a storm drain and the rush of water pulled him into the pipe. He didn’t make it.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
It was sunny with temps in the mid 60s yesterday morning but it was pretty windy. We went for a nice long walk but my oldest daughter is starting to get bored with our "walks to nowhere" as she calls them.

When we got home her and my wife made some brownies and opened up some of the windows in the house and when they were in the kitchen her friend and her family rode their bikes up in our driveway so my daughter got to talk to her through the window for a few minutes so that was a nice diversion.

In the afternoon it got windy enough that it knocked over the really heavy adirondack chairs on our front porch, trash cans were rolling up and down the street, etc. I went for a walk around the block before dinner and the porto-john outside of the house being built up the street had gotten knocked over. :sick:

michaelskis

Cyburbian
It was sunny with temps in the mid 60s yesterday morning but it was pretty windy. We went for a nice long walk but my oldest daughter is starting to get bored with our "walks to nowhere" as she calls them.

When we got home her and my wife made some brownies and opened up some of the windows in the house and when they were in the kitchen her friend and her family rode their bikes up in our driveway so my daughter got to talk to her through the window for a few minutes so that was a nice diversion.

In the afternoon it got windy enough that it knocked over the really heavy adirondack chairs on our front porch, trash cans were rolling up and down the street, etc. I went for a walk around the block before dinner and the porto-john outside of the house being built up the street had gotten knocked over. :sick:
It was sunny and hit 90 at my house. The pollen was insane though.