• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

NEVERENDING ∞ The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Winds around 40mph most of Sunday with gusts over 60mph. Our power never flickered but I kept hearing from people I know in the region that they were losing power.

Fast forward to 4:00 a.m. when my oldest woke us up screaming that she went blind but she quickly calmed down and realized we had just lost power. It stayed pretty windy until around noon or so and then finally calmed down. Temps were in the 40s all day and we never got our power back until around 4:30. Thankfully we had the gas fireplaces.

My kids survived the day without power pretty well. The only real complaint was that I couldn't make the pot roast I had been planning.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's cooled down very quickly. It was 36F today, last week there were a couple of days in the high 60s. There were a couple of high wind days but it's calmer now. I brought the palm tree and lemon tree inside last week to overwinter. We also had 10 trees cut down in the back yard last week, a couple of them were in bad shape and likely would have fallen in a good storm.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Updated description
Had not seen this in my area in awhile -

Thursday
Red Flag Warning This Morning through Sunset...

Strong and gusty south to southwest winds, critically low relative humidity, and drying fuel conditions will promote rapid fire growth.
Any fire that starts could quickly spread out of control.
There should be no burning today.

Last edited: