• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Warm and sunny the past two days in central Florida (highs in the 70's). Lots of walking and picture taking. :h: We'll post pictures in the next several days.

btrage

Cyburbian
I imagine they'd bring in heaters to try to thaw it out to get it ready. If the D gets another cold snap right ahead of Opening Day, then it's probably lights out for that sod sooner rather than later. The thought of a game(s) being played on a frozen base-surface probably is giving the head groundskeeper nightmares.
They've had 16 heaters running 24/7 to keep the soil thawed. Supposed to lay new sod this week. With the 10-day forecast it looks like they'll be able to pull of a 3/31 home opener.

Gedunker

Mod
It was in the 60s here Saturday but yesterday we had snowflakes as big as your fist. About 2" stuck on grass, rooftops, and the like. Roads were clear.

I'm going to be locked away soon when the neighbors see me kneeling on the ground screaming and punching the snow. Why do I put up with this hell year after year?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
It was 19 degrees this morning. An unremarkable temperature for, say mid-January, but entirely too cold for late March. Yet another horrific coda to an already horrific winter.

It was 19 degrees this morning. An unremarkable temperature for, say mid-January, but entirely too cold for late March. Yet another horrific coda to an already horrific winter.
They say it will be colder tomorrow morning.:-@

We also had snow this morning. Just when most my lawn was visible, I wake up it see it 100% covered again. As of right now, the areas where the sun hits has melted, but I agree with Maister. Way too cold. I have some projects that I have been working on in the garage that I have not been able to complete because of the temperatures.

btrage

Cyburbian
This has been the worst winter ever. Between me getting the flu after the first of the year, my wife being gone so much for work, the severe snow and cold, and to top it off, I came down with another head cold this past weekend. I'm part angry and part depressed. I just want to be warm again. I feel like it will never happen :(

Gedunker

Mod
Under a cloudless azure sky, it is 22F along the north shore of the mighty Ohio River.

A Purdue University researcher is predicting a much cooler April-June based on current government data. After a very cold Winter, I'd happily accept a cool Summer as opposed to an oppressive hot and humid one.

It was in the high 50s when I got home from work both Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I was really tempted to drag the hammock out of the garage and set it up in the backyard. I knew that would be jumping the gun though.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
It's April and that should mean spring, but we all know Old Man Winter probably has one last jab left in him.