The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Wow, they just announced we'll be closed tomorrow.:oops:
City Hall is always open.
It's happened exactly twice during the last 19 years
We've never closed as long as I've been here (12 years now).

I just asked a coworker who has been here nearly 35 years and she remembers only one time when the county offices closed and that was because a generator went out in the old building and they lost heat and electricity in a blizzard but it was just the people in that building that didn't have to report. Our offices even remained open during that massive blackout in 2003 even though the roads were reportedly a disaster since traffic lights were out all over the place.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Everyone (six months from now in the Midwest at least);

105F and 90% humidity? I just can't. Hydrate and be safe out there everyone. Though, I'm not leaving the house today.

It's cold enough that the heated and salted sidewalks in front of our building have about 2" of ice on them thanks to the snow from the drifts in front of the building constantly blowing across them.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
It's cold enough that the heated and salted sidewalks in front of our building have about 2" of ice on them thanks to the snow from the drifts in front of the building constantly blowing across them.
Is now one of those bad times to let you know it's sunny and 64 here?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Even when I change the car's display to metric, it still displays the temperature in Fahrenheit.

IMG_0355.JPG

And looking outside ...

IMG_0348.JPG

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The car thermometer said it was -12 on the drive in. I don't know what the wind chill is now, but yesterday I was shoveling the driveway when it was reportedly -47. A tad chilly.

TOFB

Cyburbian
We did indeed smash the all time low last night -33F. Driving into downtown with the steam rising everywhere, I thought to myself, "What do the Vladivostok City Planners do?"

AG74683

Cyburbian
We did indeed smash the all time low last night -33F. Driving into downtown with the steam rising everywhere, I thought to myself, "What do the Vladivostok City Planners do?"
Nothing. In Soviet Russia, city plans you!

And just so we are on topic, it was like 15 out last night I think. We dodged most of the serious cold and missed any weather.

Planit

Cyburbian
And I understand you guys in the bigly deep chill are going to be getting up to the 40s later this weekend. That like a 60+ degree change in a few days. Insanity!

We're sitting in the 40s now & looking at the 60s this weekend.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The wind chill was -47 Weds. By Monday, they project it will get up to 50! That's nearly 100 degrees difference. Currently, it's a balmy 3 out (but no wind yay).

DVD

Cyburbian
Phoenix weather currently in the high 50s expecting 70 degrees today. It might get colder next week with temps down to the 60s.