The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
One week ago it was 0F as a daytime high.

The temp now is 47F at 8:32a.

This too shall pass.

That is all.

We got about a half an inch of ice overnight. It was coming down hard and loud enough that the sound of it hitting the roof and the driveway woke me up around 3:00 a.m. The main roads weren't too bad but many of the side streets are reportedly a disaster. It's supposed to warm up pretty quickly today to melt everything away but then there's another chance of freezing rain overnight again in to tomorrow and of course schools are closed today (my daughter is bummed because she only had a half day AND today is the "Global Day of School Play" so she was excited to be able to bring in some games and toys for a few hours of unstructured play with her friends).

Over the past couple of weeks we have lost:

• 1 day because of a broken water main
  • 1 day because of ice
  • 1 day because of snow
  • 2 consecutive days because of the extreme cold
  • 1 more day because of ice
I think we must be close to the point where they need to start adding days on to the schedule in June or canceling previously scheduled days off.

TOFB

Cyburbian
Told to cancel P&Z and go home due to incoming ice storm. Unprecedented.
Never experienced so much lightning and thunder with freezing rain and sleet before. Thankfully, we got enough sleet so things ween't a complete disaster today.

DVD

Cyburbian
We're still in the middle of our cold snap. It's about 35 now with a high of 58. I love seeing gloves and heavy coats. People in the elevator trying to "just stay warm". Granted next year I'll be one of them, but this year I'm just going to laugh.

Bubba

Cyburbian
I'm going to waste this beautiful by sitting inside at the Council workshop (when I should be on the golf course!)
I'm in the office today (for a meeting I actually scheduled for this afternoon, dang it) - otherwise I'd be working on the screened porch.

Gedunker

Moderating
We'll hit 72F today here in the middle Ohio Valley before strong storms move through and bring more seasonal temperatures on us.

It was 80 on Tuesday, 75 on Weds.

Today the high was 54 and that was before the storm/cold front blew in around 4am this morning. Right now it's 36 outside my office.

It's supposed to be cold for several days, with the weekend predicted to be at or just below average temps for the area by Sunday.

I'm cold. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Veloise

Cyburbian
We started something new. This is ten days apart.

Snowing now so I can add an update later today. (Next door brought a chainsaw and removed all the downed limbs late last night.)

@Veloise - One of the morning weather people was saying that in a 72 hour period we went from colder than Anchorage to warmer than Phoenix. This morning we're back to "colder than Anchorage" and now we have 40mph winds to go along with the temps.

Hink

OH....IO
Yesterday was a doozy. We had more rain than I can remember. My yard was an ocean. It was 61. Today it is 20 and windy.

DVD

Cyburbian
I have a ransom note for you.

Northerners. I have your sun. If you ever want to see it again you will make the earth rotate 113 times. You will make sure there is no slow down of the rotation around 5 pm local time or the sun will not be returned to you.