• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
The snow just keeps coming. My prediction that it won't stay is probably wrong.

here is an updated, really snowy image

Don't even think about sending this my way, I have to do an hour long walking tomorrow of heritage architectural in the Town.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
donk said:
our parking lot is now completely white.
I'm glad I'm south of you donk. It's been a cold rain here all day, though the sun is out now.

donk

Cyburbian
The worst part of this is that I have a commission meeting tonight. Good thing i only live a 10 minute walk from the office, if the weather keeps up.

The salt trucks are just starting to spread now.

I'll post another image before the end of the day.

donk

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Ok so I guess for 10-21-03 Donk officialy has the suckiest weather...
Please tell me I win an all expense (I won't make you pay for beer) a trip the midwest "laefest".

donk

Cyburbian

The end of the day shot for you all.

Onlly need another 6 inches before we can ski here. the good news is that the cross country ski club is installing lights on the trail. We should have 5 km of lit trails for skiing this winter

Wow.. I like snow.. and I like it even more here, mainly because I can't even see it here in Valdivia.. and if I do, it's such an extraordinary event that everyone is just shocked at the snow... Last time I saw snow in Valdivia (The only time that I remember) is July 1995... and there was another time in 1992... but I was in the US at the time, and with a hideous NJ summer..
and if it's not here, it's in the mountains, and I just went there last weekend to catch the last spots of snow in Villarica. Oh and I had a great time with the snow in the US (who wouldn't.. it snowed so much that the schools where closed!).. So that's why I like snow.

And right now... It's partly cloudy... and hasn't rained since the last post....though there are some nasty looking clouds comming from the hills...

Forecast for tomorrow...

Cloudy, min: 6ºC Max: 17ºC

And here's a lovely IR sattelite image of most of the american continent, courtesy of NRL:

Where's Valdivia there? The little bay you see in the lower third of the square made by the 30º S 45º S and the 75º W and 60º W We face the Pacific ocean just in case ;)... See the nice storm comming for Thursday? :(

Rem

Cyburbian
24C (75F), some cloud, no breeze. I went for a row early this morning and it was warm and sunny but it has clouded over a little now.

Webcam shot of Lake Macquarie entrance - intended to make Donk cry.

JNL

Cyburbian
Beautiful weather here today, around 22C (72F) and only a light breeze which is perfect because I've just spent the last 6 hours testing paint markings in various locations.