The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

SGB

Cyburbian
We had a fresh 1" of snow on the ground and the cars when I woke this morning. It was cold enough that it was sticking to the road in spots along my commute in to the office.

Greenescapist said:
I love the weather here in Wisconsin. It's by far the sunniest place I've ever lived. But, I know the drought is a bad consequence. Hopefully my tune won't change in the next few months. Some guy on NPR this morning mentioned, gulp, flurries as a possibility in a few days.
It flurried around Boston this morning so you actually missed out on early snow by moving to WI. Hopefully in a few months you won't be longing for the comfortable winters of New England. ;)

My wife swears she saw snow flying while she was stripping wood in the yard this morning...
"Stripping Wood" thats got to be a euphemism for something!

Seabishop said:
It flurried around Boston this morning so you actually missed out on early snow by moving to WI. Hopefully in a few months you won't be longing for the comfortable winters of New England. ;)
Yeah, everyone is surprised out here to when I tell them that it snowed 100 inches in Boston last winter. I don't think I have that to worry about... but it's going to be freaking cold in no time at all.

BKM

Cyburbian
Well, the weather report for my Southern Indiana sojourn with Mom next weekend looks mixed. :( 40% chance of showers.

At least Sunday is supposed to be sunny.

Ugly weather this afternoon. Heavy rain and 63 degrees. OK, now I'm going to try and figure out how to load pics of my new house.

Edit: I'm an idiot...can someone send me to the directions to up load pictures? Thanks. **RJ kicking the carpet again.**

Last edited:

zman

Cyburbian
I have alluded to the fact that I love COLD weather in different threads.
Starting the car this morning, the temp guage read a frigid 3 degrees.... :) It has warmed to a balmy 16 degrees as of 11am.

Lunch today may include paying some bills and walking them to the post office 4 blocks away....

Damn I missed the unpredictable weather of Valdivia... I go out for an errand, it drizzles from my house until I cross the bridge (around half way), and after that.... no more drizzle and the sun comes out again.... :cool: I bet that if I hadn't had a coat with me the drizzle would have turned into flat out rain both ways and I would have ended up soaking wet. :p
A great welcome for me (I just arrived this morning)...

Weather... tell me about it.... We've had to contend with temperatures around 60 F both of the last two weekends.

zman

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Weather... tell me about it.... We've had to contend with temperatures around 60 F both of the last two weekends.
Welcome to Colorado in December, Card. It's been like this for a while. I remember playing basketball in 70 degree weather Christmas morning one year.

It is either going to be really cold (1990), or really fair, (now)

Although it is supposed to be in the 20's the rest of the week.

Hey Card, is it windy down there in the People's Republic? We got quite the hurricane up here.

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Toledo's TV weathermen (and weatherwomen) are again gearing up for the expected snowstorm (with possible 1/4 inch ice preceeding). During the last storm (a tiny 8" affair) there must have been one-hundred (100) weatherpeople out in the air, carrying on like it was the blizzard of the century. One (1) guy at Channel 13 even had a hardware store yardstick, calling it "The Super Doppler Storm Measuring Stick". :victory:

So we anxiously await another super-duper whopper-doppler. Whoopie.

This Bulletin Just In From The KFWB Weather Desk: Bear

kms

Cyburbian
Bear Up North said:
Toledo's TV weathermen (and weatherwomen) are again gearing up for the expected snowstorm (with possible 1/4 inch ice preceeding). During the last storm (a tiny 8" affair) there must have been one-hundred (100) weatherpeople out in the air, carrying on like it was the blizzard of the century. One (1) guy at Channel 13 even had a hardware store yardstick, calling it "The Super Doppler Storm Measuring Stick". :victory:

So we anxiously await another super-duper whopper-doppler. Whoopie.

This Bulletin Just In From The KFWB Weather Desk: Bear
I have worn shorts for the past two days! Temps here 55 - 60. :)

zman

Cyburbian
On weather:

Were getting some icy drizzle this morning, on the way to dropping temps and lots of snow :D

High of 10 tomorrow in No. Colo. :-D

Queen B

Cyburbian
We are icy here today.
Going to get my mom a new dog from the shelter tomorrow if the weather holds.

I just got out of bed, ain't unemployment great! Thanks for having coffee with me! ;-)

My brother email yesterday, he has made it to Iraq. They held him in Kuwait for a few months (which was fine with me) but we sure would appreciate a few prayers for those of you that do that. He said to tell everybody just in case they say there isn't a war going on he is verifying that there is. I always knew that he would get there before election time. And I guess if Democracy is what he is over there fighting for then the best thing he can do is help them be able to get to the polls to vote.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Forecast for my area today: temp 78; overcast; dewpoint 65. WTF happened to winter??? I think we are nearly 20 degrees above normal. I went waterskiing last night without a wetsuit. This weather is seriously messed up!

Finished wedding registry Sunday. It's fun spending other people's money! :p Also found a house to rent from a family friend for a steal.

Starting a diet sucks, especially when your dad orders chicken alfredo right in front of you.

zman

Cyburbian
So it is going to be around 72 degrees in northern Colorado today and in the upper 60s for the rest of the week.... I do like the cold, but this is going to change everyone's aura, making them think it is spring, only to depress everyone, when the cold and snow returns...

... I hate it because my mood, and sleeping patterns alter drastically when the weather changes it took me a long time to get out of bed this morning...