• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

TOFB

Cyburbian
Yesterday

300 pm Phoenix 93 degrees; sunny
1100 pm Des Moines 40 degrees; driving rain

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
We've had some crazy weather lately. Last weekend, on Saturday, we had strange clouds and snow qualls, then sun, then strange clouds and snow squalls, then sun, and tons of wind. On Sunday, the day started off in the 20s in the morning and it was 75 by 5pm. This week, it's been in the 40s and rainy. Gotta love Chicago weather! Not. :not:

jsk1983

Cyburbian
We've had some crazy weather lately. Last weekend, on Saturday, we had strange clouds and snow qualls, then sun, then strange clouds and snow squalls, then sun, and tons of wind. On Sunday, the day started off in the 20s in the morning and it was 75 by 5pm. This week, it's been in the 40s and rainy. Gotta love Chicago weather! Not. :not:

Saturday was just bizarre. Friday was actually similar but it was rain instead of snow, but the snow made it more dramatic.
26257817926_be335a7de7_k.jpg
Kenosha Lakefront by mister_scantastic, on Flickr

Photo was taken around 4 PM looking out at Lake Michigan at Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Seems like February was about 10-15 degrees warmer on average than April has been so far. It's snowed almost every day this past week.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Seems like February was about 10-15 degrees warmer on average than April has been so far. It's snowed almost every day this past week.

While watching the news this morning, they said that the temps have been about 12º below average over the past 30 days, at least on this side of the state. We should be close to 70º by Sunday though, so that will be a welcome change.

Planit

Cyburbian
Looks like beach_bum will have to keep her winter tights and snow parka on for the weekend. Big snow a'comin

Here, well it's been a sunny 68 with a light breeze with low 70s for the weekend.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Calling for highs in the low 70's this weekend! Time to get started on the garden

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
After a miserable first week of April, spring is finally here! It's been in the 60s and sunny all week, supposed to be in the 70s and sunny this weekend, and 60s and 70s and sunny next week as well! :h:

Planit

Cyburbian
What's going on up there LP?

The weather in Maine has gone all cra-cra.

Meteor flies across the sky and 4" of snow in mid-May.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
What's going on up there LP?

The weather in Maine has gone all cra-cra.

Meteor flies across the sky and 4" of snow in mid-May.

Wow, we had a dusting of snow on the 14th but 4"???

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Last week was cold and rainy... (as is today), the rest of the week will be dry and hot. Next week will be warm and rainy.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
After temps in the upper 80s the past two weeks, some storms rolled through the area on Sunday and our highs have been down in the 60s since then. This morning it was 45º when I woke up. It's definitely refreshing, but crisp. Tomorrow temps are supposed to get back into the 70s and then in the 90s by the Saturday. Maybe Saturday will be a day for the beach.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
After temps in the upper 80s the past two weeks, some storms rolled through the area on Sunday and our highs have been down in the 60s since then. This morning it was 45º when I woke up. It's definitely refreshing, but crisp. Tomorrow temps are supposed to get back into the 70s and then in the 90s by the Saturday. Maybe Saturday will be a day for the beach.

Parts of the UP had a frost advisory last night.

On Sunday, there is some speculation that it may hit triple digits for the first time this year. We will be at the beach.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Current conditions:

Fair 88°F (31°C)
Humidity 71%
Dewpoint 77°F (25°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 101°F (38°C)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Current conditions

Fair 99°
Humidity 38%
Wind Speed NW 7 G 18 mph
Dewpoint 69°F (21°C)
Heat Index 106°F

Last edited:

Planit

Cyburbian
When I left work yesterday the car temp said 101 (1st triple digits of the year). After I was driving a few blocks it cooled down to 98. AAHHH!

The high this weekend is supposed to be 83. It's gonna feel like 75 after more than a week of mid 90s.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
The car temp gauge hit triple digits for first time yesterday with humidity. We are also having our first heat advisory. It's mid June. Enjoy your second Southern summer Mskiis.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
It's the first day of summer and will be 90º+ today. My wife and daughters are sitting on the beach. I really should have taken the day off to join them, it will be great beach weather today.

Linda_D

Cyburbian
Yesterday was sunny and 85-86. A cold front rolled through with some thunder bumpers last night and dropped the overnight temps into the low 60s and upper 50s. Today will be sunny and upper 70s.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Yesterday was sunny and 85-86. A cold front rolled through with some thunder bumpers last night and dropped the overnight temps into the low 60s and upper 50s. Today will be sunny and upper 70s.

Sounds like here, just about 5º cooler all around. Today sounds looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
We had our first measurable rain in sometime last night. It really hasn't been too terribly hot this May and June (save for a few days here and there) but it has been DRY!!! It's only July 1st and my front yard is already a nice crisp brown. I can only imagine how it will look come the middle of August! Thankfully, my backyard has enough shade that it stays pretty green all summer long other than a few random small spots.

I think this fall I'm going to have a couple large deciduous trees installed at each corner of the front yard so that I can eventually get a bit more shade out there too.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Raining now here in NE OH, but looks to be great summer weather for my Northern Michigan vacation over the holiday.

Richmond Jake

83°F when I woke up this morning.

Currently, 89°F. It's a pool day. :h:

Richmond Jake

Current Conditions

Fair 90°F
Humidity 67%
Wind Speed W 13 mph
Barometer 30.12 in (1020.3 mb)
Dewpoint 77°F (25°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 104°F

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Some welcome cool weather moved in last night and it was 70 and foggy on the drive in this morning.

You know I bet we get maybe a half dozen foggy days a year. And usually the fog has burned off by mid-morning.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
^ The temps were about the same over on this side of the state this morning but there was no fog and the humidity was brutal! I went for a run at 5:30 a.m. and the thermometer said 68º but it was so muggy that I was just drenched in sweat after about a mile. It's supposed to be in the 90s again today but then cool down here tomorrow. They keep forecasting rain for us but we don't get it (it keeps passing a bit to the south or a bit to the north). Most of this side of the state is now officially in a drought.

It's been dry enough over here that more than a few communities canceled their fireworks displays this past week.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Hot, Humid & chance of Rain.

it's the daily rinse repeat cycle now

Yep - the current fifteen day forecast for Hotlanta: highs in the low to mid 90s, lows in the 70s, only variations are the rain chance percentages on a given day.

Richmond Jake

Current conditions

92°F
Humidity 63%
Wind Speed SW 10 mph
Barometer 30.07 in.
Dewpoint 78°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 107°F

TOFB

Cyburbian
How about a check in from the Grand Rapids Cyburbians. My old 'hood (just south of Wyoming Rodgers HS) got hit pretty bad.