• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The NEVERENDING What Are You Listening To Right Now Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Copying for my wife, wait, um, listening for my wife;) to Patsy Cline. What are you listening to at the moment? That is, if anything and your boss screaming about some developer does not count.

I typically isten to internet radio - Radio@Netscape Plus. This afternoon, I've been listening to the Awesome 80s station.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'm listening to a co-worker having a personal phone call at the top her lungs. Looks like she's going to have flowers delivered to someone. Gee, hope it's me!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I am listening to... the voices in my head telling me to reply to this thread :p

Right now... It's Cafe del Mar... some electro jazz compilations :)

martini

Cyburbian
Loose fur is on 3wk Underground at this very moment I type this. Good shit that there station.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
The Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio.

Skel - I love those Cafe Del Mar compilations. Very cool, relaxing tunes.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Just took The (International) Noise Conspiracy-Capitalism Stole my Virginity out of the CD player and am now listening to The Jayhawks-Tomorrow the Green Grass.

Last edited:

SGB

Cyburbian
The sound of silence

I'm listening to nothing right now.

Our IT people "politely" advised me the other week to stop listening to streaming audio on the office network. I miss my Radio Paradise!

Now if only I could remember to bring in some CD's from home.....

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
A shuffle of my 250+ mp3's sitting on my computer....

Tom R

Cyburbian
mon

Big Easy King said:
I'm currently listening to the All Reggae internet radio station via Radio@Netscape Plus.
Be careful you don't get your 'locks caught in the keyboard mon!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
JNL said:
Rain on the roof. Lots of it.
I WISH! We are in drought conditions. About 12" low for the year, and 24" low over the past 24 months. It rained a little bit this weekend, but not nearly enough to bring color to the grass.

I think the east coast is stealing all our rain.

BKM

Cyburbian
Various (primarily work-related) conversations. Yep, I reside in a cubicle farm.

Unfortunately, can't listen to CDs on my "counter day."

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Chet said:
I think the east coast is stealing all our rain.
I think that's from all the midwesterners using up the cyburbia bandwith. ;) Cause and effect so to speak.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I WISH! We are in drought conditions. About 12" low for the year, and 24" low over the past 24 months.

I'll take your drought and raise you 6"

All this precipitation is driving me nuts. Between the snow this winter and now the rain, this absolutely sucks. I really like droughts.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
One of my co-workers is listening to Dr. Laura....now there's a bitch.

tsc

Cyburbian
the last song that was playing on the radio in the car... is still ringing in my head...John Mayer... wonderland.

need to listen to something else to replace it......

Rem

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Best of Men at Work
That shouldn't take long.

We are in drought too. Sydney will commence water restrictions on 1 October - quite an unusual step. Some western areas of NSW have not had measurable rain for seven years.

donk

Cyburbian
What I can hear through my allergy filled ears is the air conditioner trying to figure why it is so hot this late in September. On/Off/On/Off /manual On / Computer Off cyling pattern.

Our computers don't have sound cards, and even if they did listening to music would not be an option as it would bog the old processor I have.

biscuit

Cyburbian
moose said:
I've got Gomez, In our Gun in the CD player here in my office.
Awesome group! Gomez is one of my favorites, especially the Liquid Skin album.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Big Easy King - I was unaware of Radio@Netscape Plus until your posts. I thought after MSN started charging for the good stations, I was done with decent genre-based internet radio. But I am enjoying the numerous stations on here.

Now listening to 90s Alternative which is playing Belly's "Feed The Tree" I feel like I am back in my dorm room in college.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
Now listening to 90s Alternative which is playing Belly's "Feed The Tree" I feel like I am back in my dorm room in college.
Maybe I'm a freak but I had a (alternative) celebrity crush on Tanya Donelly of Belly back in 1993 or so. She was a cutie with a guitar...I'm just easy like that.

H

Cyburbian
Ive got Schfuilkys in the cd player right now. They are a jazz/funk/jam band from Nashville. My friend gave me the cd and they are pretty groovy.

I rotate between cd’s, npr, and the U of Miami college station while I am at work.

One advantage of this lonely ole office....

I can’t work in silence.

There's a great radio station from L.A. that's included on Radio@Netscape Plus that I enjoy listening to - KCRW.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
Big Easy King - I was unaware of Radio@Netscape Plus until your posts. I thought after MSN started charging for the good stations, I was done with decent genre-based internet radio. But I am enjoying the numerous stations on here.

I'm glad that you're enjoying Radio@Netscape Plus. Planderella informed me of that internet radio link.

kms

Cyburbian
Joshua Bell, Edgar Meyer Short Trip Home. Joshua Bell is a classical violinist, but this CD is some kind of blend between Bluegrass and Classical.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
There's a great radio station from L.A. that's included on Radio@Netscape Plus that I enjoy listening to - KCRW.
KCRW... man, do I miss that! I'll have to check it out when I'm at home. I had no idea they broadcast over the 'net. :)

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Working in an "open" office means I don't get to listen to CDs or Internet radio, as long as other people are around.

I'm listening to my boss searching around his desk for car keys.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Keller Williams 8/23/03 right now.

Should I repost every time I change the CDs.

nerudite said:
KCRW... man, do I miss that! I'll have to check it out when I'm at home. I had no idea they broadcast over the 'net. :)
It's one of the most eclectic radio stations that I've ever listened to. I wish we had something like that here. I think have broadcasts at their website.

Tom R

Cyburbian
tunes

Al Petteway, Whispering Stones, Celtic guitar. He makes me want to take my old six string to Goodwill.

Status
Not open for further replies.