• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What Are You Listening To Right Now Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Jet - "Get Born"

- Just grabbed it at Best Buy at lunch. Pure catchy Rock n Roll. The Strokes wish they could rock like these guys.

BKM

Cyburbian
Signify is an EXCELLENT album, and that track is one of the best.

Are any of their other albums as good?

Now Playing Elend: Charis

Love of love

In the fever of our waiting
We were
deceived without deceivers

Betrayed without betrayers

A mirror waits for your face
And I have been awaiting you

I have been awaiting you.

ivress, le vin du
The eyes of men withered in the sun.

Our starved eyes,
drunk to see
Through centuries of burning

-We have waited so long

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I like all of PT's albums, but the one I like the most is Lightbulb Sun, followed by Recordings, In Absentia, *The sky moves sideways, Signify, Stupid Dream, Up the Downstairs, Voyage 34, Stars Die..

My favourit song of Signify is Dark Matter, along with Light Mass Prayer..

You just had a heavy session of electro-shock therapy and you're more relaxed thatn you've been in weeks, all those childhood traumas,magically wiped away, along with most of your personality :)

Right now: PT - Coma Divine - Not beautiful anymore

EDIT:
*forgot that album :p Hearing it right now... the moon touches your shoulder....

Last edited:

Cardinal

Cyburbian
"Mainstreet" by Bob Seger just came on, and I see that "My Little Town" by Paul Simon is the next random selection.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/ The Love Below

Pretty good, but way to many skits and filler tracks.

BKM

Cyburbian
Porcupine Tree

I like all of PT's albums, but the one I like the most is Lightbulb Sun, followed by Recordings, In Absentia, *The sky moves sideways, Signify, Stupid Dream, Up the Downstairs, Voyage 34, Stars Die..

I LIKE lyrics, so my favorite Porcupine Tree goes something like:

"Songs of rebellion make you rage
But they're played by millionaires who are nearly twice your age."

I don't really like their newest cd, In Absentia, nearly as much as Signify. To me, its lacking something and is a little "generic."

Interestingly enough, Steven Wilson is now collaborating with one of the critical faves of the "progressive death metal" field, Opeth. Since you don't like death metal vocals, I recall, you probably wouldn't like them. But, they have fantastic, 10-minute long meandering epics that I like quite a bit.

Back on topic: Now Playing: Jefferson Airplane/Crown of Creation. Still one of my favorite albums-since High School 20 years ago!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Re: Porcupine Tree

BKM said:
I LIKE lyrics, so my favorite Porcupine Tree goes something like:

"Songs of rebellion make you rage
But they're played by millionaires who are nearly twice your age."

Interestingly enough, Steven Wilson is now collaborating with one of the critical faves of the "progressive death metal" field, Opeth. Since you don't like death metal vocals, I recall, you probably wouldn't like them. But, they have fantastic, 10-minute long meandering epics that I like quite a bit.

Those lyrics you quoted are from Sound of Muzak, of In Absentia... :p
One of Opeth's albums that Steven Wilson produced is actually quite melodic, and I have heard it and I like it (not as much as PT)

Hearing right now: The end of Moonloop (PT - The sky moves sideways); the beggining of The sky moves sideways Phase II.

BKM

Cyburbian
You're right. That's probably my favorite song off Absentia. I don't dislike it, it just doesn't catch my ears as much as Signify.

If you can take a little harder music, but still in the "innvoative indie rock" fold, try Mars Volta. Excellent band! No growling, either :)

BKM

Cyburbian
Elend-Les Tenebres de Dehors: dancing Under the Closed Eyes of Paradise (The album is based on Milton's Paradise Lost).

Jeff

Cyburbian
Hot off the burner I think I completely fried? (see GEEKY thread) ....

Monkeys On Ecstasy. 5/4/03

Wannaplan?

Ready to Learn
PJ Harvey, Stories from the City Stories from the Sea.

It's been three years since the release of that CD... I want more!! She rocks!!

Planderella

Cyburbian
Assorted stolen mp3's - playing right now - Old Skool Hip Hop - Rob Base and D.J. EZ "It Takes Two."

SGB

Cyburbian
Background:
My boss talking with an eastern European artist about studio/gallery space options and commercial development trends here in our county seat.

Foreground:
Beethoven, Symphony No. 9, Mo. 1(Molto Vivace)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Assorted stolen mp3's - playing right now - Old Skool Hip Hop - Rob Base and D.J. EZ "It Takes Two."

Ah, Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock...what memories of wasted time in my youth that brings back...

Status
Not open for further replies.