• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What Are You Listening To Right Now Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
our dept heads and EMS folks planning for the storm

we just had a fun all hands staff meeting about the storm and whats going on

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
We just got a all hands meeting here at work about the storm and getting stuff ready. Local gov officials tell us to be prepared for 5 days give or take without power.

Strong winds should start mid afternoon tomorrow with the rain starting about noon. Winds could easily be 40-60 MPH by tomorrow night and last into Fri morning.

Metro buses and Trains will stop running above ground when the winds reach 40 MPH and the bridges will be closing at 60 MPH.

I will pass on any other info as I get it if ya want it.

H

Cyburbian
mcmplans said:
Robert Randolph

Saw him live in Knoxville about a year or so back. High energy. Liked it. Bought the CD.

Ever listen to The Word? He was part of that project.

Rem

Cyburbian
Powderfinger Internationalist.

I'm taking my son (aged 13) to his first grown up concert in a few weeks - Powderfinger - and I'm acclimatising. If you don't know them they are a terrific band BTW.

SGB

Cyburbian
Today's CD selections:

David Massengill: Coming Up for Air

Braveheart Motion Picture Soundtrack

The Horse Whisperer Motion Picture Soundtrack

Cincinnati Pops Orchestra/Aaron Copland: The Music Of America

Norah Jones: Come Away With Me

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
good choices martini.

I've got a mix disc in right now,

Prozzac, Living Color, and Candlebox so far...

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Argh! Forgot my CD's again, and the computer won't support streaming audio! I'm listening to the copier jam again.

Planderella

Cyburbian
This has become a de facto neverending thread. I'm listening to the New Wave station on Radio@Netscape Plus now.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
At this second....."I Turned Into a Martian" by the Misfits....still in the shuffle loop of mp3's on the laptop.....

Repo Man

Cyburbian
This thread reminds me of this indie rock yahoo group (Big Takeover) that I frequent. Everyone with each post puts a "Now Playing" tag on the end of their post so people know what others are listening to and these often lead into discussions about that band.

Right now I created a playlist that features the setlist from Radiohead's Alpine Valley Show. It will have to do until I can find a suitable bootleg.

mcmplans

Cyburbian
Today I am having a Dave Matthews day in honor of his concert that I am going to tomorrow night.

Jeff

Cyburbian
mcmplans said:
Today I am having a Dave Matthews day in honor of his concert that I am going to tomorrow night.

I made the mistake of doing that 2 weeks ago. Talk about Romper Room. I hadn't seen him since 1995, and I won't be going back, ever.

I felt like I was chaparoning. (sp?)

Listening to .... moe. 8/29/2003

We're having a moe.down today in my cubie.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:

Right now I created a playlist that features the setlist from Radiohead's Alpine Valley Show. It will have to do until I can find a suitable bootleg.

That sounds like a great idea.

Reading thought this thread makes me think that planners have excellent taste in music. A lot of the bands that I liked where I used to live, my friends hadn't heard of. Here in Madion, several of my planner classmates want to go see Jay Farrar and Yo La Tengo with me next week.

Reading this is also making me miss Cyburbia. I don't sit in front of a computer all day like I used to.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I'm listening to a very large, opinionated cat, trying to claw my couch into ribbons. Must be time to log off and save the furniture! :m:

biscuit

Cyburbian
Yeeee-Haaa!

This morning i'm enjoying some good Texas cow-punk
Old 97's: To Far to Care

martini

Cyburbian
Re: Yeeee-Haaa!

biscuit said:
This morning i'm enjoying some good Texas cow-punk
Old 97's: To Far to Care

Thier best work IMHO.

The Clash, London Calling followed by Jets to Brazil, Four Cornered Night

biscuit

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Yeeee-Haaa!

martini said:
Thier best work IMHO.

Agreed. It has more of a punk edge and a lot more twang than their newer albums. Great road trip music.

donk

Cyburbian
Just got the news from my tech, I am getting a new computer and it is going ot have both a CD writer and a sound card, kazaa and online radio stations here I come.

otterpop

Cyburbian
What are you listening to right now?

My office space is part of an inter-office freeway - so mostly I listen to people coming and going, amplified conversations in the hall and the ladies next door talking. Right now I can hear the boss on the phone.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The buzz of flourescent lighting ballast going bad. Geez its anoying.

SGB

Cyburbian
Listen here, Huck.

The Original Broadway Cast Recording.

big-river.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.