• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What Are You Listening To Right Now Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:
Raphael Saadiq - Instant Vintage

Isn't that the guy from Tony-Toni-Tone and Lucy Pearl?

Plannerbabs You stated earlier that you were listening to Gomez. Have you listened to their Abandoned Shopping Trolly Hotline album? If not you should check it out. It's mostly b-sides and a has a great cover of The Beatles, Getting Better.

JNL

Cyburbian
This morning I dug out the Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie double album. Really enjoyed listening to it again.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
biscuit said:

Plannerbabs You stated earlier that you were listening to Gomez. Have you listened to their Abandoned Shopping Trolly Hotline album? If not you should check it out. It's mostly b-sides and a has a great cover of The Beatles, Getting Better.

I haven't yet, but I'll be sure to. Gomez is such great driving music. Haven't heard of that one, thanks.

Planderella

Cyburbian
SlaveToTheGrind said:
Are you serious, Planderella?

I was listening to the 90's Pop station on Radio@NetscapePlus and she was playing right at that moment when I posted. ;)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Isn't that the guy from Tony-Toni-Tone and Lucy Pearl?

His solo effort is as good as the CD's title indicates. Planderella hipped me to his CD.

Erykah Badu - World Wide Underground

Rem

Cyburbian
A fly - it's been buzzing arond for about ten minutes - trapped in my office. A bit like me really.

Jeff

Cyburbian
The Irish one said:
Mike, are you planning on attending the Philadelphia show? or doing the tour?

Which band?

But I think I can safely say "yes" to going to the Philly or Camden show without knowing which band you're talking about.

donk

Cyburbian
To the wilco fans, is their stuff without billy bragg as good as the mermaid avenue albums?

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
donk said:
To the wilco fans, is there stuff without billy bragg as good as the mermaid avenue albums?
Yes, it's just different. Woody Guthrie wrote the songs on Mermaid Avenue, but I think Wilco did the music for them, mostly. So lyrically they're different and the songs have a more modern feel.

donk

Cyburbian
Thanks Plannerbabs

On Wilco,

I'll have to grab an album then. Every time I go to the CD store, I think about picking one up, but end up buying something else. Any suggestions for their best CD to buy?

My new computer is coming with a sound card so I'll get to play along shortly.

Jen

Cyburbian
nothing but live music here!

Listening to String Cheese Incident performed at Stubbs BBQ in Austin late '90's, Next in que is from the Dylan and The Dead tour live at Deer Creek!

Jeff

Cyburbian
10 pages of good music and you had to ruin it with SCI ??

Oh the horror!!

martini

Cyburbian
donk said:
Thanks Plannerbabs

On Wilco,

I'll have to grab an album then. Every time I go to the CD store, I think about picking one up, but end up buying something else. Any suggestions for their best CD to buy?

My new computer is coming with a sound card so I'll get to play along shortly.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is just really really good. It's mcuh different that the Mermaid Ave. Sessions discs though. I'd say that it smuch more experiemental sounding. The band is really taking thier instruments to places not normally heard. Song structure is a tad differnt as well. I'm willing to bet you'd really like it, judging from other things you've listed here. You may also wanna look at picking up Loose Fur. Similar to Wilco, but more relaxed, a bit calmer.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
The Wilco albums I have are Summer Teeth and Being There. Both are pretty good. I'd recommend either. Being There is a 2-disc set.

SGB

Cyburbian
Dwight Yoakum - Cattle Call. From the Horse Whisperer Original Soundtrack

martini

Cyburbian
Radioio eclectic rock~ Soundtrack of our LIves just got done and we're onto the Flaming Lips now.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theather (VAST)...

I hope the new album(Turquoise) comes out soon :) I'm already a junkie of the demo version :p

The Irish One

Which band?

oops, Phish.

listening to Phish Camden 7-31-03

But I could go for Gotta Serve Somebody, Dylan & the Dead.

WISHLIST WISHLIST WISHLIST

or 9/12/82 extra verse in West L.A. Fade away

or 7/4/87 jerry plays pedal steel with Dylan on Baby Tonight.

I've got to find some of that!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Pearl Jam - Acoustic Songbook

An Italian import I haven't listened to in several years that dug out this morning.
Taking me back to the days of angst and flannel.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Group: Sopor Aetemus & The Ensamble

May I Kiss Your Wound

Album: Songs From The Inverted Womb

Masque of the Red Death

Closed Due To Rabies

Edger Allen Poe, spoken word

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
APC - Thirteenth Step
It's recieving it's trial by fire... But I'll have to hear it a few more times until I decide to buy it. It's a shame that the disc has copy control... I have bought other CDs with that Copy Control crap and in some players (ie. PC and including a Discman) they sound like crap :(

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
"rubber band man" by the spinners. oops, wait its changing..."the ride of the valkyries" by wagner. (w/o looney tunes lyrics)

Status
Not open for further replies.