• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What Are You Listening To Right Now Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNL

Cyburbian
Metallica are headlining the Big Day Out (a 1-day music fest that tours NZ and Aussie), can you believe it!

I'm listening to Pacifier (self-titled). Having a bad day too, so some nice loud rock music seems appropriate.

Last edited:

Budgie

Cyburbian
SlaveToTheGrind said:
Metallica - Kill 'em All

I'm in a bad mood.

No, I'm in a good mood. Whiplash

In a frenzied madness
Your leather and your spikes
Heads are bobbing all around
It's hot as hell tonight

Adrenline starts to flow
Your thrushing all around
Acting like a maniac

WHIPLASH !!!!!!!!!

I was listening to Kill em' All about 20 minutes ago.

Does anyone still have a "Metal Up Your Ass" shirt?

My wife threw mine out.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Just got home from a meeting - time to relax with some early '70s psychedelia: Pink Floyd's "Echoes."

Jeff

Cyburbian
Budgie said:

Does anyone still have a "Metal Up Your Ass" shirt?

You know what is sad about that question Budgie?

75% of the people at the Metallica Summer Sanitarium Tour wouldn't heve a clue what you were talking about :(

I never had a Metal Up you Ass shirt, I was still in grade school at the time, and after I carved Metallica in my forearm with a compass, my mom threw out ALL of my Metallica shirts.

Listening too .... moe. A far cry from Metallica.

Jeff

Cyburbian
moe. 9.22.01

Faker>Big World>Brent Black>Lazarus

God I gotta pee too, I don't wanna leave my boombox though.

SGB

Cyburbian
Michael Crawford singing The Music of the Night from the musical Phantom of the Opera.

biscuit

Cyburbian
martini said:
Jeff Buckley~Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk both discs

That's good stuff.

Right now I'm spinning Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary

Planderella

Cyburbian
Excursions in Ambience: A Collection of Ambient-House Music

EDIT:

Had to change CDs.......that one was putting me to sleep. Now playing:

Chemical Brothers Singles 93 - 03

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I forget where I get some of these mp3's.....

EPMD - So Whatcha Sayin'?

SGB

Cyburbian
We shouldn't have to eat Kraft dinners

Bare Naked Ladies - If I Had $1,000,000

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: We shouldn't have to eat Kraft dinners

SGB said:
Bare Naked Ladies - If I Had $1,000,000

Thanks a freakin lot....now that's stuck in my head....

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Right now, the ultimate proof for the skeptics about my age...
Carl Orff - Carmina Burana (No BS!) :p

biscuit

Cyburbian
[OT] Just heard on the radio this morning that Dave Matthews (without the band) will be touring with Tim Reynalds and Trey Anastasio this winter and Emmylou Harris will be opening for them. Sweeeeet. I had the chance to see Dave and Tim back in 1999 and it was a great show so I am all over this. I just hope it's not a teeny-bopper fest like a lot of the regular Dave Matthews Band shows have become.[/OT]

SGB

Cyburbian
Hi-dee-hi-dee-hi-iiii

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Minnie the Moocher

Brings back memories of having seen Cab Calloway perform this live - as only he can do it.

Jeff

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
[OT] Just heard on the radio this morning that Dave Matthews (without the band) will be touring with Tim Reynalds and Trey Anastasio this winter and Emmylou Harris will be opening for them. Sweeeeet. I had the chance to see Dave and Tim back in 1999 and it was a great show so I am all over this. I just hope it's not a teeny-bopper fest like a lot of the regular Dave Matthews Band shows have become.[/OT]

He's going to be touring with his solo band ... which was trey, tim, etc. Its going to be freaking romper room I'm telling you. I went to DMB last month and left halfway through it was so bad.

I really do like the Some Devil stuff, but probably b/c Trey and Tim are on it to spice things up a bit. He needs to ditch the DMB, its getting too poppy.

I saw him in 95 or 96 and it was a sick show the way they got up there and jammed jammed and jammed some more. Now I can just pop in a studio CD and get the same thing you'd get at a show.

Sell Out.

Even more OT... my CC was authorized for Phish tix, doesn't mean anything though (word on the street is), and I'm getting my moe. NYE tix this weekend.

SGB

Cyburbian
The Iguanas - Para Donde Vas. From this soundtrack:

phenomenon.jpg

biscuit

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
He's going to be touring with his solo band ... which was trey, tim, etc. Its going to be freaking romper room I'm telling you. I went to DMB last month and left halfway through it was so bad.

I really do like the Some Devil stuff, but probably b/c Trey and Tim are on it to spice things up a bit. He needs to ditch the DMB, its getting too poppy.

I saw him in 95 or 96 and it was a sick show the way they got up there and jammed jammed and jammed some more. Now I can just pop in a studio CD and get the same thing you'd get at a show.

Sell Out.

Sadly agreed. :(

I used to really enjoy going to Dave shows back when it was nothing but college kids and those little faux-hippy girls that would get stoned and dance around in circles. But then again, I was probably the same age back then as those teeny-bopper kids we're complaining about. Anyway, Trey is a musical badass in his own right so I may just have to endure the romper-room and go see them.

You are right about Dave and Tim jamming. I saw them in a place that sat less than 2000 people and it was just sick watching them play. Man, makes me wish I had brought the Live at Luther College disk to work with me.

Last edited:

SGB

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
You are right about Dave and Tim jamming. I saw them in a place that set less than 2000 people and it was just sick watching them play. Man, makes me wish I had brought the Live at Luther College disk to work with me.

[ot]Radioio Eclectic plays a lot of tracks off this disk. Some amazing jams![/ot]

On topic: Michelle Shocked: Come a Long Way
"You can drive forever and never leave L.A."

Status
Not open for further replies.