• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The Neverending 'What's Ailing You Now'? Thread

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Initiative. I like that:D;)

Well, let's see...I stepped on a bee this weekend and got stung on that portion of the sole that hurts most when you walk or stand.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
:-$ Pulled muscles lifting a TV. :-$

Last edited:

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Pain in the a$$. :-c Oh wait, that's just RJ.:D I'm o.k. :lmao:

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
While I was placing chlorine tables in the pool filter yesterday afternoon, red fire ants bit the top and inside of my left foot. Ouch, they left a mark and still hurt. But I killed a bunch of them for their effort.

kjel

Super Moderator
My left foot and left knee are swollen for some reason. It doesn't hurt but everything feels tight. :-{

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
While I was placing chlorine tables in the pool filter yesterday afternoon, red fire ants bit the top and inside of my left foot. Ouch, they left a mark and still hurt. But I killed a bunch of them for their effort.
This means I go out in the back yard tomorrow with the jug of fire-ant killing stuff...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
My lower back has been aching for the past week or so, especially when I bend over or sit up and down. I've now got a prescription for pain meds and muscle relaxants to help me function; the doctor says it's a spasm that isn't anything to get worried about. My ex, meanwhile, thinks it could be a hernia.

Got a big zit on my cheek that won't pop.

RichmondJake said:
When I lived in O-Town, my favorite method of fire ant removal was pouring gasoline into the mound and lighting it up. It's very satisfying, especially when Andro isn't enough.

fringe

Cyburbian
Faintly residual wrist and left hip joint soreness from bowling over a week ago, partly due to my goofing around by pulling my "Carl from 'Slingblade'" impersonation while it was my turn to roll. (Hike britches waist way up under armpits and assume a stooped posture)

1st trip to any lanes in several yrs., will likely be several more before I go again.

natski

Cyburbian
Im still getting over my glandular fever (or what some may call mononucleosis) and still real tired (working 11 hour days doesnt help) and i am back to the weight i was in high school :r:

Can i whinge about my dermatitis too? Argh its the cold dry weather- my hands are killing me!

I feel much better letting all my ailments out this this ;)

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Still have some soreness in my neck from a sprain. Was in a neckbrace at night all last week, and I have a new habit of turning my entire body to look somewhere other than straight ahead. This is the second sprain in the same area.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Can i whinge about my dermatitis too? Argh its the cold dry weather- my hands are killing me!
I have a similar problem - knuckles get dried out, turn white, and have cracked open bleeding.

kjel

Super Moderator
My left foot and left knee are swollen for some reason. It doesn't hurt but everything feels tight. :-{
I have been ordered to report to the doctor's office tomorrow morning @ 9am. :not:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
It's official. A migraine headache is now setting in. :wall:+o(x|

Salmissra

Cyburbian
It's official. A migraine headache is now setting in. :wall:+o(x|
Had one of those yesterday. Mine was kick-started by re-straining my neck moving furniture, and pinching a nerve. Was home all day, laying on the floor.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Vertigo for most of the last six weeks, despite prescriptions out the a$$. The other day I downloaded instructions for the "Home Epley Maneuver" and had RJ guide me thru that when he got home today. Keeping my fingers crossed. I"ll know if it worked when I wake up tomorrow and see if the world tilts when I sit up.

btrage

Cyburbian
I'm sore from working out yesterday. And I'm working out tomorrow, so I'll be sore after that as well.

kjel

Super Moderator
Visited the vampire again today for more blood work since my C reactive protein reading was 3x higher than it should be based on last week's labs. Possible ortho issue with the left knee which is quite plausible since it's already had surgery on it back in '97. Contemplating a visit to an orthopedist and the MRI tube.

Planit

Cyburbian
My right shoulder is very sore today. Must have slept on it wrong - yep that must be it.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
I have a headache that's making my head feel as though it's going to explode. I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. If I hear voices that wake me up again, the modem gets unplugged. I'm done making adjustments to, and compromises in, my lifestyle. It's a two-way street.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Vertigo for over 2 months now. Never know how long it'll take to get out of bed, whether I'll be able to drive on any given day, etc. Went thru two rounds of meds and the doctor finally sent me to a physical therapist for an epley maneuver, where they manipulate your head to redistribute the crystals in the inner ear. It's got a high success rate and they judged me to be a good candidate. It didn't work. I went back Friday for another. I should know by tomorrow if that one worked. If not, it's back to the therapist Monday to try something different, some set of exercises to do at home over several weeks.

In the meantime, since the first epley on Wednesday, I haven't been able to have caffeine, alcohol, chocolate or nuts, and I'm sleeping
sitting up in RJ's living room chair, with pillows tucked all around me to keep my head from moving. It takes a long time to get to sleep like that.

Plus, I had to cancel a trip with the kid to central FL this weekend that we'd been planning for several months.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'm having problems with my sleep cycle. Takes forever for me to fall asleep, and when I do, I struggle to wake up. I also feel the urge to take a nap after dinner.

The backache is mostly gone.

Another member of the household is having some problems, too. Guinness injured his leg at the dog park about a month ago, while chasing another dog. He fell into a small hole, tumbled out, held his paw up, and refused to walk. After being on anti-inflammatory medications for a month, with the swelling reduced, the vet says he's got joint luxation in his right front leg. He's wearing a temporary splint now, and on Tuesday he's going to be fitted for a splint I can easily take off every night.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
This past week I am getting only 5 hrs of sleep a night. :( :-@

kjel

Super Moderator
This past week I am getting only 5 hrs of sleep a night. :( :-@
Me too. RT had some late nights due to her architecture projects and since I am the taxi to the train I have to wake up early too. Friday was her last day....now I can sleep for 8 hours and not be amped up on caffeine in the morning.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Still suffering fallout from being overmedicated with sleeping pills in the Spring of 2008. I continue to have to take Seroquel to get any sleep at all.

Even with the drug. I still only get 4.5 to 5 hours sleep a night, but I am getting that same amount of sleep by taking a third as much medication as I did a year ago. I am down to 50mg of Seroquel, but I occasionally have to take a Temazepam to get "catch up" sleep.

Physically, emotionally, and physiologically, I feel worse than ever. July was a horrible month. Sadness and Depression have been replaced by a feeling of "Nothingness". I am never drowsy, just fatigued. I have absolutely no emotions at all, except maybe Anger.

I have now gone almost 2 1/2 years without natural sleep.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I just got stung in the tongue by a bee!
I left my beer on the back patio 15 minutes ago while I was grilling, I then set the table, took a swig out of the brown beer bottle, didn't see the contents, and felt something funny right as I was getting ready to swallow. I spit it out the foreign object on my dinner plate and there was a little f'ing sweat bee!:-c

This is one for the record books. Damn, my tongue hurts. Not swelling, but F it hurts! I'll bet you've never heard of this happening before.:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@

Last edited:

kjel

Super Moderator
^^ It happened to a friend of mine when they were camping when a bee found its way into the soda can. I sat on one while wearing a bathing suit when I was about 13 and it stung me on my right cheek. It was a little embarrassing having to show it to the neighbor guy to get the stinger out. Take some Benadryl.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
I found a small mole like looking thing on the left side of my rib cage over the weekend. I don't like the looks of it at all. I have an appointment to see a dermatologist next Monday. I'll also ask him to cut off a couple of skin tags while I'm there. I noticed on their web site they perform lots of different services. Maybe I'll get one of those laser hair removal procedures around my bikini area. :lmao:

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
I should not have eaten that old cheese last night. I suffered a bit today and will not go into details.

Saw the dermatologist today about the mole on my rib cage. He said not to worry. They cut it off along with a skin tag by my eye. The skin tag was a little more painful because I asked them not to use anesthesia because it was too close to my eye. I don't want needles anywhere near my eyes. They used a pair of sharp scissors and cut it off.

Finally, you would think some professional courtesy is in order. The doctor was ugly and his face could use some work. A face only a mother could love.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Went to the Dr about another cyst on my back.

Last Fri - Said it was infected, lanced it open, and put a wick in it to drain. Put me on an antibiotic - twice @ day.
Today Mon - Went in to replace the wick.
This Fri - scheduled to go back to have the wick removed.

Should I ask him to refer me to a Dermatologist ?

wahday

Cyburbian
Yesterday I finished my round of antibiotics for pneumonia! What a drag. It started as a chest cold and then I spent a good deal of time deep in some nasty allergen-infested weeds which I think created the right conditions for the bacteria to get established. It sucked. For three days I couldn't catch my breath and I could feel the fluid building up but couldn't really get any of it out. My inhaler did nothing.

Still convinced it was a cold, I went ahead with a bike ride on Labor Day - 40 very painful miles after which I came home, collapsed on the bed and fell into chills and aches. And all through this I had no sore throat or fever - things you would associate with a virus. So, I dragged my butt into urgent care and sure enough - I had pneumonia.

Recovery is a pain. I feel pretty fine just sitting, but if I exercise (I went for a short run yesterday) I can really feel how much my lungs were impacted. Plus I still tire easily. But I am SO much better than before. The doctor said most people let it go another week because it just sees like a cold and then its much harder to recover from.

So, don't do that. I don't recommend it.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I was hacking away at buckthorn in the backyard last week when a branch struck back, hitting me in the eye. The doctor described it as a "moderately large abrasion". Kind of like having sand in your eye for a week. It has healed nicely, but I have to put an antibiotic in four times a day. It has the consistency of vasaline.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
The physician's assistant cut the mole off my rib cage last Monday and a skin tag near my left eye. The physician said the mole looks benign then proceeded to zap my left arm in nine locations with liquid nitrogen. The arm is now spotted with scabs. The Bastard.

Long sleeve shirts to work this week. :-{

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
The biopsy on the mole came back benign. Still have scabs on my arm from the Bastard doctor's liquid nitrogen procedure. But they're looking better.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Went to the Dr about another cyst on my back.
Refered me to a surgeon Oh Sh!T another cyst - this one under the scar tissue of a previous one that was infected & ruptured open. This is going to hurt don't I know it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I don't think I ever fully recovered from breaking my feet last year. Whenever a storm front moves in I can tell because my left foot aches in advance of it. I also lost a good deal of muscle strength and endurance in my legs and never got it back. I noticed I'm sore as heck today after only a relatively short walk and a little gardening this weekend.:(

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Unexpectedly stepped off a curb a couple weeks ago and did something to my left ankle. Some immediate pain but no swelling and I didn't think too much more about it. Now, it's starting to ache all the time but there doesn't seem to be any loss of mobility. May get it x-rayed just as a precaution.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
I've got a Morton's neuroma on my left foot. Basically a growth or swelling in one of nerves in my foot.
Yeouch. I was just reading about those. I've been having some tingling in my left arch and heel and Morton's neuroma came up after a search on foot tingling. Best of luck with that.