• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The Neverending 'What's Ailing You Now'? Thread

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
They called already - it is squamous cell carcinoma :(
Have to have a follow up procedure where they will cut a little deeper and wider.
Me, too. Heard from my primary doc today. Off to the dermatologist at the end of the month. Two lesions, on my neck and shoulder.

. . .
Dr called it - squamous cell carcinoma in situ.
As you can image the spot is very sore.
Me, too. Heard from my primary doc today.. Two lesions, on my neck and shoulder.
:(I'm so sorry this is happening to the two of you. Fair-skinned Caucasions seem to be at the greatest risk.

ZG
, would it be possible for you to move your dermatologist appointment to earlier this month?

Also, did either of your docs say if it was "Bowen's Disease"?
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bowens-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I have to have Cataract Surgery. Has anybody have it, how was the recovery, like the improvement ?

How do you find out about the surgeon's experience doing this proceedure ?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I have to have Cataract Surgery.
UPDATE

Before surgery I have an appointment with a Retinalogist, issue being degree of nearsightedness & diabetic.
Have surgery scheduled in June - one week apart again the the resulting difference being degree of nearsightedness.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Hello, is this the kvetch thread?

My right arm is killing me, and I can't even explain where the pain is. It started in April when I was pulling my wheeled luggage from place to place (in some cases, across cobblestones) during our vacation. It doesn't help that I am a right-handed mouse user, because I can't avoid using my right arm. I feel like someone is pulling my bones apart. :(

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Jammed my thumb working on the fence yesterday. Got several mosquito bites that itch badly. Getting old and cranky.

AG74683

Cyburbian
They called already - it is squamous cell carcinoma :(
Have to have a follow up procedure where they will cut a little deeper and wider.
Apparently my family wants me to visit a dermatologist for one of these. Something on my back that I have noticed looks a little odd...what's that scrape procedure like?

Other than that, I've had some sort of cold for like a week, and my dog had diarrhea last night, so there's that.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Apparently my family wants me to visit a dermatologist for one of these. Something on my back that I have noticed looks a little odd...what's that scrape procedure like?

Other than that, I've had some sort of cold for like a week, and my dog had diarrhea last night, so there's that.
My dermatologist took a biopsy, sent to the lab, called to tell me what it was & scheduled the procedure.
The procedure was done in less than a hour; several local shots around the spot, several horizontal slices and a bit beyond the margins.
Wound was left open to heal from inside out, dressed with petroleum jelly and covered with just a big band aid.
forgot how many days I had to keep it dressed this way but changed twice a day.

7 months later, spot is less than dime size and pale pink.

Is that TMI ?

kjel

Super Moderator
My left knee hurts. I have developed arthritis in it due to a long ago injury and eventual surgery. Some days are better than others.

rt shared her summer cold with the rest of us :-{

Vancity

Cyburbian
My back is peeling due a sunburn that was so bad that it seems to have left behind permanent damage.

Also I stubbed my toe on a screw sticking up out of a pier, and I lost a big chunk of it.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
The left side of my mouth is still numb. I had a temporary crown installed this afternoon. Damn it, I'm still eating leftover homemade pizza tonight.

Planit

Cyburbian
The left side of my mouth is still numb. I had a temporary crown installed this afternoon. Damn it, I'm still eating leftover homemade pizza tonight.
I did that Monday. I cracked a molar last week and they worked me in for the temp crown. Jaw was been sore for a couple days. Ugh!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
There's not much to trump dental pain in the 'persistent with occasional sharp stabs' category.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
I have a cold :-{ It's bad enough that I haven't slept well for two nights, even though I took nighttime OTC meds. Of course, being overly snotty and sleepy at work is sooo much fun :r:

At least I haven't taken the nighttime meds during the day, like ursus, but maybe this weekend I'll sleep it off . . .

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
Getting dressed this morning, I pulled a muscle in my lower back. Painful enough to leave work a couple hours early. It's still pretty painful. Sleep should be interesting tonight.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Acute bronchitis. Just about every winter, lasts for months. This year has been the worst. Honestly, I can't even remember when this year's bout started. Was it around Thanksgiving? Christmas? I had it for a month or so and was almost well, then I got the flu and now it has been at least another month. Rarely do I get a good night's sleep because the coughing is worse when I lie down. Keep going to the doctor but I don't get better. Ever.

Now, I either want to get better or just die, just so long as it stops. :-@

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Getting dressed this morning, I pulled a muscle in my lower back. Painful enough to leave work a couple hours early. It's still pretty painful. Sleep should be interesting tonight.
I tore a muscle in my lower back last summer. You want to feel like an old person pretty quick, that will do it for you.

Ryoohki17

Cyburbian
Day 2 of the terrible headache...today I have had no caffeine or other stimulants. I am headed to the clinic to see if anything can be done. At this point I do not feel sick but left early yesterday in incredible pain. Even sleep could not improve it. The pain is dull and persistent for now.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Acute bronchitis. Just about every winter, lasts for months. This year has been the worst. Honestly, I can't even remember when this year's bout started. Was it around Thanksgiving? Christmas? I had it for a month or so and was almost well, then I got the flu and now it has been at least another month. Rarely do I get a good night's sleep because the coughing is worse when I lie down. Keep going to the doctor but I don't get better. Ever.

Now, I either want to get better or just die, just so long as it stops. :-@
Try Mucinex or the big box equivalent. I had a cough for years, and that finally made it stop. HTH

(hints from Veloise)

DVD

Cyburbian
Pulled mine Sunday chopping wood. Still hurts sitting here, but it's getting better. And yes, I feel like an old man. Now get off my lawn!

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
I have discovered there is a connection between lower back pain and IBS. I haven't determined which problem leads to the other. Anyway, everything in my body is functioning normally this morning. :)

Salmissra

Cyburbian
I pulled a muscle/muscles during this move. Now it hurts to turn my head far to the left, and my upper left back hurts when I apply pressure/pick up something heavy, or try to turn it such as to do my hair. Slept on my back so this morning it doesn't hurt as much, but it sure does cause discomfort trying to go about my morning routine.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Went to my Dermalogist last week, He did cryosurgery on a spot on my cheek. He said it looked precancerous most likely by sun damage.

Cryosurgery - - liquid nitrogen - instant freeze burn. :-o

Ryoohki17

Cyburbian
My seasonal allergies are so bad lately, I have a near constant headache. I also wake up at 3:30 AM due to congestion and cannot get back to sleep. I am so tired by the time I go home, I am asleep by 9 PM. It is really sad. I am hoping whatever pollen is out ends soon. It we would get some rain it would help. The only thing that seems to help is the netti pot.

DVD

Cyburbian
I had that when I pulled something chopping wood. Went to the fake doctor (aka chiropractor). He did an x-ray. Turns out I have some kind of bone spur that can touch off some nerves. Then he cracked everything and I felt better. I went back one more time just to get it right and felt better after that.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
There's an aching issue between my left tibia and patella. I think it's tissue related. Going on four days.

kjel

Super Moderator
I've had repeat colds, sinus, and lung issues for the past 6 weeks. It has caused my blood pressure to be high which landed me a trip to the ER on Friday. I am glad that I went and am feeling much better today. Although I have insurance the selection of a new primary care doc has been a bit of a challenge since many don't accept the insurance.

Rygor

Cyburbian
I've been having sciatic nerve pain on my right leg/buttocks for the past couple weeks. At first I thought it might be piriformis syndrome but since it doesn't seem to be getting appreciably better I'm really wondering if it's a bulging disc instead. I hope not. All I know is that getting up after sitting down for a while or trying to put my socks on in the morning is EXCRUCIATING. :(

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Speaking of bad disks, I am going under the knife a week from tomorrow to clear a ruptured disk between c5 and c6. My left arm goes numb randomly and it's literally a pain in the neck.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Speaking of bad disks, I am going under the knife a week from tomorrow to clear a ruptured disk between c5 and c6. My left arm goes numb randomly and it's literally a pain in the neck.
C5 C6 is serious ! 8-! :-c :-o

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
C5 C6 is serious ! 8-! :-c :-o
Yes, I know. Thanks to Blue Cross' network I have a top surgeon doing the work. That and the rupture is off to the side so he can get it from the back. I was a little freaked out about going in from the front.

kjel

Super Moderator
Yes, I know. Thanks to Blue Cross' network I have a top surgeon doing the work. That and the rupture is off to the side so he can get it from the back. I was a little freaked out about going in from the front.
Sending you speedy healing thoughts.

DVD

Cyburbian
Good luck, get well soon, and remember that Cyburbia is a great time waster for post op recovery.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
I have welts from insect bites on the outside of my left thigh and the back of my right shoulder. It's only a matter of time before I come down with the malaria...or the yellow fever...or both.

Ryoohki17

Cyburbian
I am having trouble with my digestive system. I went to the ER about three weeks ago in intense pain. Only thing wrong seemed to be that my small intestine was inflamed. The Doctor wanted to keep me overnight because my white blood cell county was high. I opted to return home to sleep. I was put on a clear liquid diet for a week with a high potency pro-biotic. The doctor could not give me any pain medication or antibiotics. After nearly three weeks I still can only eat simple meals, no bread with yeast but quick breads that have baking powder as the leavener are fine. I can eat most fruits and veggies as long as I cook the tougher ones before eating and for protein chicken, pork and turkey seem to work in small amounts. No cheese of other dairy as it does not sit well. I am taking between 10-15 grams of L-Glutamine and a pro-biotic. I am sure I could go have some expensive test and get a diagnosis but managing my symptoms seems to be a better option. I have read up extensively on leaking gut syndrome, IBS and colitis. I do not have most symptoms of these disorders and many folks with these conditions do not benefit from medications. What I am finding is that I have to eat simple meals and take my time eating. So meals take me a hour to eat, I have to stop and wait for food to move through my system. It is very inconvenient to be sick to your stomach. I hate it but I am sure it could be worse and I am hoping that with time whatever I have will get under control. In the mean time I am just getting a little sick of being sick.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
With my family history of cancer, I was sent to the radiology lab for a 3D mammogram and a MRI. Mammogram went as usual (if you've had one, you know what I mean). It's a software difference, everything else is the same for 3D.

I did have an issue with the MRI process. After you get into the lovely two piece ensemble they provide, the paramedic sticks you with a needle to insert the thing-a-ma-bob that will stay in your arm and allows them to insert the dye for contrast. No problem there, but after sitting for 15 minutes or so in the second waiting room, I started to feel lightheaded and my hands tingled. I waited a bit to see if it would pass, but instead it got worse. A tech walked by, and I got her attention and said "I think I'm going to faint". Within 1 minute I'm in a wheelchair headed towards another room. A burly paramedic lifts me onto a gurney, and I start to feel better once I'm flat. Turns out I'm one of the few that let them know ahead of time that there's an issue. He said most people just faint right outright, and they have to pick them up from the floor, check for injuries, etc. Usually end up rescheduling. I felt fine after a couple of minutes in the quiet room, then I did my 30 minutes in the machine. No problems or reactions after laying down.

Made it home, took off the small bandage over the insertion site. It's sore, but no signs of swelling, reaction, etc. Now I just have to wait for the results.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Well, now I'm going back for more tests.:-c

I have a bruise on my arm from the insertion point. It's not huge, but it's turning purple and you can see the red dot where the needle went in. Yesterday it hurt but only faint discoloration, and the red dot was noticeable. Today the bruise is there but the dot is less red. I hope that means it's getting better, not worse.

I can ask them tomorrow when I go in again. Hopefully I don't have an almost-faint moment again!:-c

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Anybody sleep with a custom fitted bite guard so you don't clench & grind which is Bruxism ? :-$

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Went to my Dermatologist this morning - he did a scrape biopsie on on my face - a bit of an ouch. 8-!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Went to my Dermatologist this morning - he did a scrape biopsie on on my face - a bit of an ouch. 8-!
It hurts even more now that the local anesthetic has worn off. :not:

8-! factor will be when I need to change the bandage.