• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂
  • If you're returning to Cyburbia, your old password should still work with your username. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here. If your email changed, or you can't get into your account, follow these instructions.

The Neverending 'What's Ailing You Now'? Thread

ursus

Cyburbian
I spent an hour and 45 minutes in the dentist's chair this afternoon getting shot up, ground down and fitted for a crown. That bastard dentist (actually, I like him), couldn't get my tooth numb and gave me so many shots that I lost count. My jaw is sore this afternoon....
They always have a hard time numbing me, too. Don't they teach how to do that at Dentists School?!? Jeez. I feel your pain. I like to take roughly twice the pain-killer they prescribe, drink a can of coke to thin my blood and then stand in a hot, hot shower. I guarantee a pain-free vaguely cosmic feeling to wash over you during that shower. My religion forbids alcohol, so we come up with our own stuff, you know. :)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Apart from feeling generally a bit stiff after that long walk yesterday, my left foot is getting occasional stabbing pains where I broke it last year.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Not fun. Have you followed up with the Dr. to make sure it healed correctly?
Not really:-$. Apart from the occasional twinge of pain when I can tell rain is coming, it hasn't really bothered me much til now.

And I forgot....I also bit my cheek yesterday while eating ice cream. Naturally, because it's swollen I bit it again this morning.:(

Not really:-$. Apart from the occasional twinge of pain when I can tell rain is coming, it hasn't really bothered me much til now.

And I forgot....I also bit my cheek yesterday while eating ice cream. Naturally, because it's swollen I bit it again this morning.:(
Tsk tsk. Go to a dr. and get your foot checked out. Maybe some tendon is still out of whack or something.

I spent an hour and 45 minutes in the dentist's chair this afternoon getting shot up, ground down and fitted for a crown. That bastard dentist (actually, I like him), couldn't get my tooth numb and gave me so many shots that I lost count. My jaw is sore this afternoon....
Wuss I've had two crowns.... no Novocaine. ;)

I've been with the current doc about 15 years. Have never had it with him.

Bronchitis

There is a big wildfire burning in Idaho and the winds are taking it here. There is not a room in the building that doesn't smell like smoke. The air quality has been awful for more than a week and it is worse today than it has been.

That's what's ailing me.

Tsk tsk. Go to a dr. and get your foot checked out. Maybe some tendon is still out of whack or something.
I had my eight mile race on Saturday and yesterday my foot started hurting, top outside of my right foot. It doesn't hurt unless I walk on it or put weight on it and then it is excrutiating.

The last few months I have been exhausted. Seriously, in bed by 9:30 and can hardly drag myself out of bed in the morning for work. Also have had occasional headaches, and random finger numbness, swollen ankes, and pressure in my chest once in a while. Up until now I just chalked it all up to randomness (heartburn, anxiety, eyesight, etc.). I've been to the dr a few times (nothing related, sinus infection), and my blood pressure has been normal,but I was telling my sister this past weekend and she has me all freaked out about heart issues. A google search didn't help either 8-! There is no family history, I am fairly active though could stand to lose 30 pounds, fairly young (38). I have been putting on going to the dr because I'm sure it's nothing and I'll sound like a complete hypochondriac.

btrage

Cyburbian
I had a crown installed over one of my teeth yesterday. The act of drilling out the old filling didn't hurt, but my gums/jaw on the one side is still sore today.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Must be a frontal boundary moving in, I can feel my left foot ache where I broke it last year.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The blood test for my annual physical revealed I have low thyroid function. :-o No wonder I've become such a slug.

My neck has been popping, cracking and snapping the last week or so. It doesn't hurt, but I wonder if I need the bones in my neck fused?

btrage

Cyburbian
I think I've had a case of turf toe since before Xmas (how it happened is a whole different story). It's gotten better but it still hurts a little after I run. The pain is around the ball of my foot by my big toe.

I've considered a stress fracture, but the pain is not that great.

I think I'm working on getting another sinus infection.:-{:-c. What the heck, it's been a whole 3 months since the last one.:-c:-{:r::not::wall: