• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Here it is . . . the king of all mundane topics - WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?

Corned Beef sandwich from a local deli. Tomorrow I'll start bringing my own lunches I swear.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
two slices of leftover cheese pizza from Domino's and a coke.

I really want some candy right now though.

SGB

Cyburbian
From the grocery store

Apple, banana, and a blueberry muffin.

I should be bringing my own lunch in as well.

ecofem

Cyburbian
Tuna salad on wheat w/lettuce, pickles, onions... from local deli.

Coke.

Mint gum (to kill taste of aforementioned sandwich)

donk

Cyburbian
I went home and had a can of soup.

Really need to go grocery shopping.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
a sandwich with hard salami, lettuce, onion, mayo, mustard

an apple

chocolate chip granola bar

All brought from home!!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
6 year old hot dogs from vendor across the street with pickles, and $.50 cup o' soup from CVS. Yummy. Oh ya, and a can of Piels to wash it down.

steveanne

Lean Cuisine - Peppered Beef, potatoes, and green beans.

Man, I wish it tasted as good as the description.

(sigh)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Steak & Cheese from D'Angelos.
Fruit Punch.
Short nap.

biscuit

Cyburbian
$3.99 footlong tuesday!

A footlong Steak and Cheese sub with veggies from Subway and a cup of soup.
I sometimes try to bring my lunch but I end up eating it by mid-morning and still having to go out for lunch anyway.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Leftover Salmon Fetticini Alfredo, made by Mrs. Tranplanner.

Mmm-mmm good.

I have only just started bring lunch with me again - our new kitchen is finally in operation. It'll be better once we get a sink and countertop in...

otterpop

Cyburbian
Every Tuesday the cafe in the basement of our building has serves BLTs. The smell of the cooking bacon travels up the stairwell. It lures me down every time. I love Tuesdays.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I had a roast beef wrap sandwich from the grocery store, some salt & vinegar chips, and a diet Dew. I usually bring lunch, but was running too late today to fix anything. Tomorrow it's leftover Mom's meat loaf sandwiches. Yummmm...

Jeff

Cyburbian
Re: $3.99 footlong tuesday!

biscuit said:
A footlong Steak and Cheese sub

WTF is this "Steak and Cheese" thing you speak of?

Me.....I had the usual. Turkey & Provolone shorty with Lettuce, onions, and hot peppers. Vinegar to taste.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Re: Re: $3.99 footlong tuesday!

Mike D. said:
WTF is this "Steak and Cheese" thing you speak of?
I refuse to call anything from outside of Philly a cheesesteak (from the handful of times I've been there, nothing compares).....everything else is a steak and cheese.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Planderella and I just enjoyed a couple of very good roastbeef po-boys from a local deli. For those not familiar with a Big Easy "po-boy," it's a foot-long sandwich with french bread.

Yummy!!! :D

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Subway seafood (fake) and crab (fake). The wife brought the boys to have lunch. Always a much better day when I get to see my buds.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
(leftover) Mosticolli with meat sauce and mozarella cheese.

nummy

Big Easy King said:
Planderella and I just enjoyed a couple of very good roastbeef po-boys from a local deli. For those not familiar with a Big Easy "po-boy," it's a foot-long sandwich with french bread.

Yummy!!! :D
The po-boys were dressed too! That means with lettuce and tomato. :)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Speed Queen BBQ pork shoulder. Best in Milwaukee. I had a craving that needed to be satisfied.

H

Cyburbian
Went to some good local BBQ from Miami’s own Shorty’s BBQ with a friend from the office.

-I had the beef brisket & slaw with sweet tea and a lime :)

Jen

Cyburbian
lunch today was leftovers after a weekend cooking frenzy for the 'rents visiting from Fla

drum roll.......

Armadillo eggs and cauliflower pie!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
nerudite said:
I hope you packed the breath mints!
No, and the mustard was even "dijon".

But I forgot the sprinkles of Tabasco for the sandwich, though.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I had a disgusting spinach and potatoe "cake" :-#
I think I haven't mentioned here that my maid has absolutely no skills at cooking...:p

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
The General (Tso) is fighting back. He was pretty tasty fresh, though, from the hole-in-the-wall Chinese place around the corner.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
JNA said:
What is this Maid that you speak of?
Maids are pretty common in the middle and high socio-economic class...I forgot that maids aren't common in the US as much as here...
I only wish my maid could cook well... a Peruvian maid would be nice... they cook well, though the majority of the Peruvian maids are in Santiago...

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Maids are pretty common in the middle and high socio-economic class...I forgot that maids aren't common in the US as much as here
You've got a maid LOL, around here we have sex slaves that we keep in the basement bound and gagged. And you don't have to pay for one, just ask this guy

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/10/national/main557866.shtml

changed link

Whats your maids name, Jeeves?

otterpop

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
The po-boys were dressed too! That means with lettuce and tomato. :)
Ah, yes. Sounds of the homeland. a dressed po-boy. I have missed many things since I moved from the Bayou State (Sportsman's Paradise, the Pelican State, the Catch and Release Criminal State, etc.), and a genuine po-boy is one. The king of all sandwiches is the softshell crab po-boy. Nothing like eating a sandwich that has legs hanging out of it!

biscuit

Cyburbian
otterpop said:
Nothing like eating a sandwich that has legs hanging out of it!
Jeez, all of this talk is really giving me a desire to go out and get some decent fresh seafood. I might just have to go do... Oh, wait, I forgot where I live for a second there.

otterpop said:
Ah, yes. Sounds of the homeland. a dressed po-boy. I have missed many things since I moved from the Bayou State (Sportsman's Paradise, the Pelican State, the Catch and Release Criminal State, etc.), and a genuine po-boy is one. The king of all sandwiches is the softshell crab po-boy. Nothing like eating a sandwich that has legs hanging out of it!
**Homer Simpson drool**
Hmmm......soft shell crab po-boys.........

That's the first thing I head for at the Jazz Fest. :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
No lunch today. I just drank Diet Coke and ate a chocolate chip cookie. Is somebody going to start a dinner thread? I'm getting hungry.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Damn, there's some pretty heavy meat consumption here! The beef and pork producers must be smiling.

donk

Cyburbian
Greenescapist said:
Damn, there's some pretty heavy meat consumption here! The beef and pork producers must be smiling.
Meat, it is not just for lunch anymore.

BKM

Cyburbian
Leftovers from the secretaries' potluck for the department managers :)

Yep, not too proud to scavenge!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Is this going to be another "neverending" thread?

Cheese 'n' chutney in a pita (Mrs. Tranplanner's homemade chutney - yummy!), with a cup-o-soup.

tsc

Cyburbian
Roast beef, melted gouda, lettuce tomatoe, horseradish, on roll....from my favorite deli, the Royal Scarlett.