• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
On a lark (okay, I had a coupon) I bought a can of Wolf Brand Chili the other day and just had it for lunch today. I don't generally think very highly of canned chili, but this one was not too bad at all. Still not as good as homemade, but I'd have to say it was the best canned chili I've had.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
On a lark (okay, I had a coupon) I bought a can of Wolf Brand Chili the other day and just had it for lunch today. I don't generally think very highly of canned chili, but this one was not too bad at all. Still not as good as homemade, but I'd have to say it was the best canned chili I've had.

I've never eaten a lark. Did you smother it with chili or have the chili on the side?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I've never eaten a lark. Did you smother it with chili or have the chili on the side?

Where did I ever say I ate a lark? No, I was on a lark. You know, sitting on the stupid bird (he'd make a terrible racket if I wasn't sitting on him)

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Where did I ever say I ate a lark? No, I was on a lark. You know, sitting on the stupid bird (he'd make a terrible racket if I wasn't sitting on him)

I thought maybe you meant to say you were in a lark, perhaps a Studebaker Lark.

1959 Studebaker Lark VI.jpg

Now that's the car Dan should have gotten, a real chick magnet.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I thought maybe you meant to say you were in a lark, perhaps a Studebaker Lark.

View attachment 4878

Now that's the car Dan should have gotten, a real chick magnet.

Back in 1960 that car made a STATEMENT*

* "I am a quiet, timid, middle class, accountant-type guy with no color sense whatsoever"

wahday

Cyburbian
And I thought he meant on a Lark brand mobility scooter (take that, Hoveround!). Because I can just see Maister motoring up the "ethnic foods" isle and getting down a can of Wolf Brand Chili, a crumpled `coupon securely clasped in the opposite hand. Then, ala Homer Simpson, high tailing it to the 10 Items or Less isle yelling "outta my way, jerk-a$$!"

Am I wrong?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Seeing as it was Robbie Burns day on Wednesday, today's lunch was the last of the leftover haggis, 'neeps and tatties.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
And I thought he meant on a Lark brand mobility scooter (take that, Hoveround!). Because I can just see Maister motoring up the "ethnic foods" isle and getting down a can of Wolf Brand Chili, a crumpled `coupon securely clasped in the opposite hand. Then, ala Homer Simpson, high tailing it to the 10 Items or Less isle yelling "outta my way, jerk-a$$!"

Am I wrong?

Sounds about right.

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Saturday's Lunch

This Bear just gobbled-down breakfast. But, no reason not to give you my lunch plans.....

Dagwood Sandwich
Whole wheat bread
Colby-Jack cheese
Slice bologna
Slice salami
Slice of dill pickle
Spicy mustard
Kitchen sink

Yum City, USA! :p

Edit: Almost forgot the lettuce and tomato!

Bear

Last edited:

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
On today's lunch menu: Leftover Broccoli in Black Bean Sauce and Orange-Spiced Tofu that my sister brought over from one of our favorite Asian restaurants last night. :p

I am so sick of sandwiches.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
On today's lunch menu: Leftover Broccoli in Black Bean Sauce and Orange-Spiced Tofu that my sister brought over from one of our favorite Asian restaurants last night. :p

I am so sick of sandwiches.

Sounds yummy!!!

I'm really not a sandwich type of person, unless it is a PB&J.

My lunch: leftover red beans and rice with andouille sausage. OMGitissogood!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
AIB Valentine's Day thread

I want a Turkey Rueben with coleslaw for lunch today.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Experimented last night, so today (and tomorrow, most likely) I will be eating the results.

Marinated cubed beef in beef broth, chipolte powder and sliced peppers
Next day, cooked in wok, adding half a bag of frozen french cut green beans
Served on top of organic wheat paste

Taste-tested last night - YUM!

wahday

Cyburbian
I have no earthly idea what to eat for lunch. Its been slim pickins for a few days now. Yesterday was a quesadilla, but I'm in the mood for something different. I ride home for lunch, so at least I have a whole fridge to rifle through. And its free. Or at least I already paid for it...

Big Owl

Cyburbian
leftover lasagna. For the fourth time.

I love lasagna although it seem to last forever for my family, so I started to make in disposable bread loaf pans and freeze it only baking one at a time. Now I can eat it once a week for a month as opposed to one week a month.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I'm meeting a friend for lunch today at my favorite Indian restaurant... for an all-you-can-eat buffet. :wow:oh:

btrage

Cyburbian
Some red beans and rice from a downtown spot. http://www.gumbosmtclemens.com/index.html

Store bought hummus with homemade pita chips.

Stupid contractor just had to bring in Dunkin Donut Holes, so maybe a few of those. :):(

Fairly light lunch for me, but it's probably good since we're going away for the weekend and will be indulging ourselves in food the next couple of days.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I made one of the kid's favorites and had a little bowl for lunch. Sauteed chopped onion, green pepper, and hot dogs mixed with a batch of Velveeta shells n cheese. Mix in some chili powder, crushed red pepper, hot sauce, and worcestershire. The kid and I call it Hot Dog Junk. RJ calls it revolting. Oh well.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
I made one of the kid's favorites and had a little bowl for lunch. Sauteed chopped onion, green pepper, and hot dogs mixed with a batch of Velveeta shells n cheese. Mix in some chili powder, crushed red pepper, hot sauce, and worcestershire. The kid and I call it Hot Dog Junk. RJ calls it revolting. Oh well.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with RJ on this one!

I had leftovers again:

1/3 chicken breast, with cilantro and lime sauce
Little bit of plain rice
Green beans

btrage

Cyburbian
I brought my lunch for the 4th time this week. Leftover spahgetti. But the NCAA tourney is calling my name for lunch. I may have to go out.

On second thought, maybe I'll just eat the spaghetti and work through lunch, then leave work early.

Last edited:

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
As a benefit to an employee's wife with a rare cancer, a fish-fry with cole slaw, hush puppies, beans and a bottle of water served by our commissioners. Good cause.

Planit

Cyburbian
Haven't figured it out yet this morning except it won't be Mexican. Had that last night for dinner (and it was good and spicy).

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Salad. Right now the lettuce, spinach and radishes in the back yard gardens are ready for harvest.

btrage

Cyburbian
Leftover meatballs and rice. An apple and a cheese stick. I've been bringing my lunch a lot more the last few weeks.

kms

Cyburbian
Depending on how hungry I am, I'll be having gumbo from a BBQ stand in the township where I'll be working today.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Today I had a huge chunk of leftover "Mom's recipe" meatloaf, on two slices of white bread, drenched with ketchup and Hellman's mayo. Heaven on earth. (Why don't we have an orgasmic emoticon?) Good thing I don't eat like that every day. :D

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Today's lunch consisted primarily of nothing...washed down with a BIG drink of water. Yeah, I'm feeling a might bit cranky.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Daughter-in-law and grandson took me out for lunch. Grilled tilapia with tomatillo sauce, red beans and rice, and a salad.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
A slice of leftover quiche and a side salad. Then a fried chicken wing and two pieces of bacon. I was eating later than usual and was also kinda cranky. At least I resisted the candy bar that's sitting on the kitchen island...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Lunches of the healthy and active

Two thirds of a Hershey's Chocolate bar, a slice of white toast with peanut butter and a swig out a two-liter of Faygo Root Beer.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Two thirds of a Hershey's Chocolate bar, a slice of white toast with peanut butter and a swig out a two-liter of Faygo Root Beer.

Hey, you and I must've eaten at the same place. I had a snack size bag of Cheddar Cheese Combos and a Butterfinger. I haven't eaten that poorly in years.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Stouffers spaghetti with meat sauce, a side salad, and a Diet Dew. Now I'm thinking about that coffee ice cream in the freezer... :D