• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Hey, you and I must've eaten at the same place. I had a snack size bag of Cheddar Cheese Combos and a Butterfinger. I haven't eaten that poorly in years.

Yeah, I occasionally have lunch at 'Schlepp's'
Cheddar Cheese Combos and a Butterfinger.... So you ordered the "#4 value meal" this time? Usually I get either a #4 with tap water or order the #7 (slice of leftover pizza, handful of pretzels and two swigs of warm 7-Up out of a 2 liter bottle)

Were you seated in the 'desk section' of the restaurant or the 'standing at the counter' section?

btrage

Cyburbian
Now that I'm a 5-10 minute drive from home, I've been going home for lunch most days. It's also been about a month since I cut back my alcohol intake. Combined, these two things alone have made me feel better and I've probably dropped about 5 pounds.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Yeah, I occasionally have lunch at 'Schlepp's'
Cheddar Cheese Combos and a Butterfinger.... So you ordered the "#4 value meal" this time? Usually I get either a #4 with tap water or order the #7 (slice of leftover pizza, handful of pretzels and two swigs of warm 7-Up out of a 2 liter bottle)

Were you seated in the 'desk section' of the restaurant or the 'standing at the counter' section?

I ordered in the "vending section" but ate in the "desk section" as it has a much better view. I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the food. I'm not sure I'll be returning to Schlepp's any time soon.

Planit

Cyburbian
Blackened chicken with spring mix and house basalmic dressing wrap - & tea. Can't forget the tea down in these parts.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
I don't know what that is, but it sounds delicious!

I had quesadillas with fresh tomatoes and homemade salsa. Then two lemon cookies. Just about right.

Interesting...I had a frozen burrito with Pace salsa on it. Now I'll go hunt down two Oreo cookies....and I'll have eaten your lunch in a parallel universe. Quick, say something backwards and I'll see if I can understand you!

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Black cherry yogurt, string cheese and a nectarine with some pretzels for dessert.

jsk1983

Cyburbian
I don't know what that is, but it sounds delicious!

I had quesadillas with fresh tomatoes and homemade salsa. Then two lemon cookies. Just about right.

Bangers (sausage) with a batter poured over them. Picked some up at the farmers market a few days ago.

wahday

Cyburbian
Bangers (sausage) with a batter poured over them. Picked some up at the farmers market a few days ago.

Battered sausage, eh? Sounds terrible...terribly AWESOME, that is!

Ursus: !tolp tsinummoc a s’ti ,aslas ton si ecaP

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Today's entree was leftover chicken strip, with a side of leftover mashed potatoes, leftover garlic bread, and a small glass of Vernors ginger ale.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
While driving back to the office yesterday afternoon after a trip to a local community's offices I noticed a hastily-made sign outside of a "charcuterie" shop advertising brisket and pulled pork sandwiches. I always figured the shop was just a butcher shop and didn't know that they made sandwiches as well. I made the trip there today to check it out and had the house-smoked brisket with a light dose of some very good BBQ sauce. Like Maister, I also enjoyed a Vernors with my lunch.

I see myself going back there often.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Today's lunch is stick of string cheese, garlic triscuits, grapes, and some water. Going to BDubs tonight for dinner.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I had some leftover Cajun sausage and vegetables that I made for dinner last night. I was also going to have a banana but I had left it in my Jeep while I was at the gym this morning and it still isn't completely thawed out. Last time I tried to open a banana that had frozen before it was totally thawed it turned to mush in my hands.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
I've been eating Chobani greek yogurt. I tried Oikos but the women around me started looking like Telly Savalas. :-c

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been eating Chobani greek yogurt. I tried Oikos but the women around me started looking like Telly Savalas. :-c

Chobani is yucky. Fage is the best greek style IMHO. Better yet is Siggi's Icelandic style skyr :)

A few weeks ago our microwave was removed because some people can't clean up after themselves. It was brought back today. Now I can have a hot lunch :)

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Chobani is yucky. Fage is the best greek style IMHO. Better yet is Siggi's Icelandic style skyr :)

Found both locally, I'll give them a try. Back in the 80's, my favorite was Columbo. Unfortunately, General Mills bought them out and eventually killed them.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mean Green Juice

6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger

+o(

Salmissra

Cyburbian
We bought a juicer and have tried two different Mean Green Juice recipes.
I can't do a diet/program in which the smell of the drink makes me gag.+o:)v:

Lunch today: microwave dinner, a handfull of crackers and string cheese.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Tried the Fage Greek yogurt recommended by kjel yesterday. Much superior texture & taste to Chobani and priced the same. Thanks kjel!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I was planning on soup and a bagel but there are 3 workmen in the house and a fourth on the way, and it's just awkward fixing lunch and eating when they're here. And the electricity to the kitchen may be cut off while a new outlet is added. It may be a salad for me.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
From a local deli -

Chicken Salad,
cubed fruit,
green salad with olives, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, with their own creamy (non dairy) italian dressing
and
wheat roll

DVD

Cyburbian
It's pot luck day at the office so BBQ pork sandwich, chili, chips, and other snacks!

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tried the Fage Greek yogurt recommended by kjel yesterday. Much superior texture & taste to Chobani and priced the same. Thanks kjel!

You're welcome. If you have a Target in your area, they have the consistently lowest price on Fage. I like the texture of it better and the taste isn't as sour.

Tried one of the new Lean Cuisine salad things and it was pretty tasty, it's in the freezer case. It's chicken and veggies that you put in the microwave for two minutes, a pack of dressing, and some sort of other crispy/crunchy topping for your salad-you provide the lettuce/salad mix.

btrage

Cyburbian
You're welcome. If you have a Target in your area, they have the consistently lowest price on Fage. I like the texture of it better and the taste isn't as sour.

Tried one of the new Lean Cuisine salad things and it was pretty tasty, it's in the freezer case. It's chicken and veggies that you put in the microwave for two minutes, a pack of dressing, and some sort of other crispy/crunchy topping for your salad-you provide the lettuce/salad mix.

My wife likes Lean Cuisines. She tried one of the salad things a few weeks ago. She thought it was OK, but probably won't include it in her lunch rotation. But she's never been a big salad-as-entree kind of person.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
My wife likes Lean Cuisines. She tried one of the salad things a few weeks ago. She thought it was OK, but probably won't include it in her lunch rotation. But she's never been a big salad-as-entree kind of person.

It's convenient. I prefer my own made up salad of course but the leftovers have a way of disappearing from the fridge before I get to them.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I'm recovering from a "bug" that hit over the weekend. Thus, today's lunch was a cup of chicken broth with some rice mixed in, a couple slices of baguette, and a few spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt. Bland but effective...:-$ :not: At least I'm feeling much better.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
A Jersey Giant sub (#8), Better Made Hot bbq chips, and a Vernor's Ginger Ale

images
images
images

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Panera Bread - French Onion Soup. Man is that stuff good...

imaplanner

Cyburbian
Still have an hour to go until my lunch break. Debating between either pho or tom yum. Ohhh this is difficult!

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
I'll be having lunch with a famous friend today. The Chef Boy-ar-Dee? Perhaps you've heard of him? We're going to watch TV on my phone together...real cozy like. I'd invite you all, but the Chef is a private guy.

Yeah, I just weirded myself out, you don't even have to tell me. 8-!

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
I'll be having lunch with a famous friend today. The Chef Boy-ar-Dee? Perhaps you've heard of him? We're going to watch TV on my phone together...real cozy like. I'd invite you all, but the Chef is a private guy.

Yeah, I just weirded myself out, you don't even have to tell me. 8-!

Cut some hotdogs up in it, that's real Eye-talian!