• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I'll be having lunch with a famous friend today. The Chef Boy-ar-Dee? Perhaps you've heard of him? We're going to watch TV on my phone together...real cozy like. I'd invite you all, but the Chef is a private guy.

Yeah, I just weirded myself out, you don't even have to tell me. 8-!

Food prepared by a famous chef? When it comes to haute cuisine, I am partial to the culinary prowess of the French, but I feel at the same time American cooking has earned its' place as well. So I am partial to Franco-American meals.

kms

Cyburbian
Food prepared by a famous chef? When it comes to haute cuisine, I am partial to the culinary prowess of the French, but I feel at the same time American cooking has earned its' place as well. So I am partial to Franco-American meals.

My family prefers cuisine from a military chef, Colonel Sanders.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Humus and beef jerky. Not exactly a likely pairing...

rcgplanner

Cyburbian
I am channeling my inner 10 year old today and having a Lunchable. This is one of those new Lunchables Uploaded for $0.98 from Grocery Outlet I thought what the hell. It is Nacho Grande, because nothing says nachos like 15 chips and two plastic cups of bright yello nacho cheese and mild "salsa". At least I have Fruit by the Foot for dessert! :h:

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I am channeling my inner 10 year old today and having a Lunchable. This is one of those new Lunchables Uploaded for $0.98 from Grocery Outlet I thought what the hell. It is Nacho Grande, because nothing says nachos like 15 chips and two plastic cups of bright yello nacho cheese and mild "salsa". At least I have Fruit by the Foot for dessert! :h:

I love the concept of fruit by the foot. Just like fruit roll ups. Not in any way fruit, but it sounds nice...

Coragus

Cyburbian
For reasons quantity instead of quality, as well as proximity to certain retail stores, I'm go to Cici's today.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I am going to Smashburger. I sold myself on it in the cravings thread....

DVD

Cyburbian
Pastrami sandwich. Not my usual, but I saw it at the store and decided I was craving pastrami this week.

btrage

Cyburbian
One piece leftover piece of BLT pizza.
Two leftover BBQ chicken tenderloins.
About 2/3 of a banana.
1 small, week old carrot cake cupcake.
Iced tea.

It was a clean out the fridge kind of lunch.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian

I love that salsa!!

Today I had some wheatables, piece of cheese, and yogurt.

beach_bum

Cyburbian
I have only found these at my local target, but for 3.50 they are a good, healthy little lunch. They are called GoPicnics and do not need to be refrigerated or anything, but most importantly contain a little chocolate for dessert!

Midori

Cyburbian
Leftover Asian glazed chicken thigh, bok choy cooked in bacon grease, and rice pilaf. Mmmm.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Homemade sandwich:

- Ciabatta bread
- Pickled Onions
- Muenster cheese
- Honey roasted turkey
- Balsamic reduction
- Sun chips.

Simple, but oh so good.

Planit

Cyburbian
I think it might be a Buffalo Chicken Salad today - either that of ghoul brains.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
leftovers from what I made for myself for dinner last night: orange chicken with pumpkin seeds, roasted brussel sprouts and rice :h:

kms

Cyburbian
I'm getting a cold, so I headed to Panera for soup. At the last minute, I went into PF Chang's next door for Hot and Sour soup. I hadn't been there in years, and figured it would cost more than I planned, but I like that soup when I'm sick. They considered me a new customer, and the manager gave me a $10 gift card and a free appetizer for my next visit. Then, the large bowl of soup that I ordered turned out to be a LARGE bowl of soup and I have enough for at least one more meal. My fortune said that many rewarding opportunites will soon develop for me. All in all, that was a good lunch.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
A ham, salami, capicola, provalone sandwich with lettuce, onions and pickles

DVD

Cyburbian
I went to some place here called Santa Cruz Burrito. It's exactly like Chipotle down to the selections, just over priced.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I had chicken salad, oriental slaw, cubed fruit salad, and wheat roll.
from a local deli.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
chicken gumbo soup, Lays potato chips and fruit punch

btrage

Cyburbian
Campbell's Go soup. Some creamy Thai variety. I did not like it. Also some cheese and crackers. And water. Oh, and a brownie.

kms

Cyburbian
Side salad, roasted red pepper, tomato and mozzarella Panini and shared some desserts from the French bakery.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
A banana, apple, handful of carrots and a wild cherry Pepsi.....I can't be completely healthy.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had minestrone soup and cheese bread from the italian bakery.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
why did I think New England clam chowder was a good choice for lunch when I am lactose intolerant? +o:)u::facepalm::loser::toilet:

DVD

Cyburbian
Roasted garlic, mushroom, and beet with lentils, wild rice, and goat cheese.

I'm going to your place. Better than my run to Dillions (kroger) for chinese food. At least they pass health inspection unlike the other places in town.