• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Wasn't even 8 am and my office already decided where to order lunch from.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Balsamic Chicken Salad, Roasted Brussel Sprouts (w/ onion & bacon), Cubed Fruit, & a slice of Strawberry Loaf/Bread

kms

Cyburbian
I thought I grabbed a package of home-made onion soup from the freezer. Turns out it's onion gravy. I guess the only difference is the amount of flour in it, and that the gravy has Guinness in it, where the soup uses wine. I'm hungry, very hungry, and I'm eating anyway.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Chicken salad, cubed fruit (3 types of melon & pineapple), green salad (with roast red peppers, marinated artichoke, & olives) and 1/2 wheat roll.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Hit the salad bar in the Office Building Next Door's (tm) cafe - all things being relative, it's a pretty good one. Noticed they had some "crab" (assuming it's actually krab stick) salad out today, so I grabbed some of that as well. It tasted pretty okay, but just in case I don't post for a few days, y'all will know that bad krab did me in...

Planit

Cyburbian
Trying to decide between chicken pie or chicken fried rice.
The food is delicious either way but the two places that serve these are both kinda a dump.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Easter leftovers: pork tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, brussels sprouts with pancetta.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Leftover Chinese and a bottle of water.

I thought about making a sandwich, but the thought alone was boring.

kms

Cyburbian
Grilled turkey, Brie and raspberry ham sandwich. It was one of my make-ahead lunches from last week.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Balsamic Chicken, Brussel Sprouts, Fruit, & slice of Pumpkin Bread.

kms

Cyburbian
I’m working at home today. I walked to the cafe across the street and brought home quiche and soup. They’re surprisingly good.

I usually avoid this place because of a change in ownership also changed the friendly atmosphere. The owner isn’t there today, which made the food taste a little better.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Bunless leftover hamburger with chipotle tabasco and a big slice of gouda

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
leftover half of a Jersey Giant sub and some Jay's potato chips

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
small scoops of Chicken Salad, roasted brussels sprouts, chopped fruit, a slice of pumpkin bread & a mug of decaf coffee.