• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
"oriental" (they called it that not me!) tofu stir-fried with pea pods and asparagus, served with white rice. made it this weekend.

yum!

zman

Cyburbian
I don't know. We just got off a shopping trip to CostCo so I will have to see when I get home.

TexanOkie

Cyburbian
Cotto salami on rye with dijon mustard. Oh, and pretzels. (Hoorah, brown baggin'!)

And then probably some crappy dollar store, trans-fat-infested creme cookies. Mmmm...

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
From Saltgrass Steakhouse Lunch Menu Beef Tenderloin Tips sautéed in our Cognac Pepper Sauce with mushrooms atop our Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

Now for a nap to finish out my work day.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
frozen weight watchers...and an orange....and I'm now hungry though I purposefully held off and ate at 2 PM - so sipping Yogi Fasting tea to hold me away from the chocolate...

but I did do 30 minutes at my spinning class and 20 minutes on the stair master at lunchtime - :)

Planit

Cyburbian
From Saltgrass Steakhouse Lunch Menu Beef Tenderloin Tips sautéed in our Cognac Pepper Sauce with mushrooms atop our Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

Now for a nap to finish out my work day.

ofos is taking us all to lunch Friday!!!

zman

Cyburbian
After taking the dogs to the park and then a quick walk, I made a package of ramen noodles :r: while I took photos of the garden and uploaded them to the computer.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
popovers and lobster bisque at the Jordan Pond House - Rotary gets to go there the week they open - yippee - :)

zman

Cyburbian
3 slices of leftover vegatarian pizza. Probably some other stuff too, mixed nuts? Protein shake?

Gotta fuel up for hockey tonight./

amyk

Cyburbian
Hmm, got our first softball game tonight, so I'm heading to the Bear Tooth Theaterpub to fuel up (and because I have to run an errand in the area ;-)). Probably have a seared salmon burrito, halibut tacos, or some pizza. Too many good options to choose from! :)

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
portobella panini on olive foccaia with spinach and smoked gouda.

good 'cept now i want chocolate!!!

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Defrosted frozen dinner (of the "lite" variety), low fat yogurt and a fresh pear. Washed down with bottled water.

Tomorrow: more of the same, just a different flavor of yogurt.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
One very large Fuji apple (non-organic, probably pesticide laced) and some organic bite-sized cheese crackers.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
One very large Fuji apple (non-organic, probably pesticide laced) and some organic bite-sized cheese crackers.
Unhealthy b*(&ard!! Did I mention my deep fried chicken and fries were made from fair-trade-free-range-organic chickens and potatoes? Free range potatoes are particularly healthy for you - potatoes grown in confined spaces on corporate-owned farms have lots of stress toxins in them and the consumer gets all that poison when they eat 'em - organic cheese crackers are worth two manna points towards the Afterlife but otherwise you sound like you need both a major aura cleansing and yin adjustment.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Unhealthy b*(&ard!! Did I mention my deep fried chicken and fries were made from fair-trade-free-range-organic chickens and potatoes? Free range potatoes are particularly healthy for you - potatoes grown in confined spaces on corporate-owned farms have lots of stress toxins in them and the consumer gets all that poison when they eat 'em - organic cheese crackers are worth two manna points towards the Afterlife but otherwise you sound like you need both a major aura cleansing and yin adjustment.

And they were no doubt deep-fried in ultra-virgin oil refined in the purest organic methods by cloistered ultra-virgins. FYI, my aura is resplendently glowing and I've been assured that yin and yang continue to be harmonically in balance. I'm convinced cutting the organic cheese is the remedy to the hole in the ozone layer.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Oy! This reminds me that deciding what to eat has become WAY too complicated: Should I buy the locally-produced but pesticide-enriched apples, or the organic MacIntoshes that traveled by truck all the way from Washington State, consuming several tanks of diesel fuel? Should I boycott all products from countries that kill baby seals, or only avoid eating the overfished, er, fish? :-c

amyk

Cyburbian
Should I boycott all products from countries that kill baby seals, or only avoid eating the overfished, er, fish? :-c

seal.jpg

:-$:p

CDT

Cyburbian
Had lunch with my kindergartener today. The institution served us cheese pizza (complete with cardboard backing), canned pears, chocolate milk, fresh broccoli and cauliflower with low fat ranch dip (gack). Had to forgo the geletin cube since we don't eat animal bone marrow. After I got back to my office I ate a GIGANTIC chocolate chip cookie from Jimmy John's.

Tomorrow the Institution is feeding us waffle sticks!

zman

Cyburbian
Tuesday is Hockey Night in Northern Colorado

Therefore, I will be loading the carbs at lunch with a potato and rice vegetarian burrito. Usually I get this at a burrito place near the rink as I get my skates sharpened Tuesday lunch, but I will be heading home and making my burrito myself.

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
Today, I made a steak sandwich from a leftover steak we had from Sunday. Steak on buttered toast...mmm. Doesn't get better than that.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Surprise lunch out today.:D

A former coworker, and still a friend, came by my building to pick up plans. He stopped in to see if I was ready for lunch, and so we went. I introduced him to a local cafe, and he was pleased with his Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes. I had breakfast! Yummy!

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
A grilled chicken salad. It was ok. Dinner should be more exciting.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Chicken Salad, Broccoli Slaw, Diced Fruit, Wheat Roll. :)

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Belated Father's Day lunch with my eldest, he paid.

Tilapia Chihuahua (not what it sounds like, but lightly blackened tilapia in the style of Chihuahua with tomatillo sauce and with tortilla chips). Salad and sides of fries and borracho beans. Mmmmmmmmm!

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
tofu and broccoli in garlic sauce. no chopsticks were provided so i'm trying to stab my broccoli with a bendy plastic fork. not going so well. tastes good though!

zman

Cyburbian
Leftover Tortilla soup (good and hot on this cold day) and a walk with the dogs.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting ready to order chinese to be delivered. Deal Maker of the Century (aka the "other" boss) is visiting with one of his developer buddies in the office today so I can't leave.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Lunch out with my mother today - not planned! She called as I was leaving my morning meeting, and we met up at a Mexican place near my office.

Yummy!

jsk1983

Cyburbian
Homemade chicken noodle soup. It does count as home made when one uses a canned broth, right?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Canned broth is OK, I also use a bag of frozen mixed veggies.

My lunch? Nada. I have not had a meal since Tuesday afternoon. Dunno. just not hungry...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Homemade chicken noodle soup. It does count as home made when one uses a canned broth, right?

NO WAY! In order for it to be truly USDA Certified Home Made you must:

1. Butcher your own chickens (51% of which must have been raised on premises free range)
2. Made all your own noodles
3. Grown all your own vegetables
4. Cooked the soup in a cast iron vessel using firewood for heat.

boiker

Cyburbian
NO WAY! In order for it to be truly USDA Certified Home Made you must:

1. Butcher your own chickens (51% of which must have been raised on premises free range)
2. Made all your own noodles
3. Grown all your own vegetables
4. Cooked the soup in a cast iron vessel using firewood for heat.

I second that but also:

1a) Chickens must be at least 3rd generation free-range from said premises
4a) Cast Iron shall consist of local ore and had been hand forged.

But the real point is: Did you have to put the ingrediants together, adjust seasonings, establish amounts, cooktime and heat level? Then it is homemade.

if it came from a can, box, store, or other and only needed heating...it is not homemade.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I second that but also:

1a) Chickens must be at least 3rd generation free-range from said premises
4a) Cast Iron shall consist of local ore and had been hand forged.

But the real point is: Did you have to put the ingrediants together, adjust seasonings, establish amounts, cooktime and heat level? Then it is homemade.

if it came from a can, box, store, or other and only needed heating...it is not homemade.
Yes and:
5) the water must have been fetched from a well or stream using a wooden bucket