• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Ever find a toe nail in your soup?

How about eyebrow hair on your ice cream cone?

Maybe sneeze splatter on your toast?

A former boss of mine once found a used bandaid in his cole slaw at a pizza/bbq place. Yuck.

My lunch today: Leftover ribs and a salad. Yum.

112inky

Hi// my lunch today is naan with keema!!!! has anyone tasted it?
:-D:-D:-D:-D

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
strawberry yogurt. a banana. cantaloupe. :not:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE PLEASE PASS ME A CRACKER!!!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Chicken Salad,
Fresh Fruit Salad,
Broccoli Salad (red onion, raisin, sunflower seeds)
and half of a Croissant.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
My birthday lunch was build a salad, everybody signs up to bring in fixings for a salad bar.
For dessert - had Dr Bird's Cake (mashed banana and crushed pineapple) - very Yummy. :)

btrage

Cyburbian
I just ate an entire P-Zone from Pizza Hut. I feel like such a glutton. Small dinner for me tonight!

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Leftover chicken breast, covered in tasty herbs, with leftover black pepper linguine. Lemon yogurt and bottled water finish it out.

Later I have some leftover brownies for an afternoon snack!

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Celebrate Cholesterol Day here. Subway 6" BMT on Italian Herbs and Cheese bread, pepperjack cheese, toasted with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, jalapenos & spicy mustard. Bag of Lay's original potato chips & a large Coke to wash it all down. Tomorrow it's back to a cup of yogurt & an apple. I allow myself one unhealthy lunch/week, more if someone else is buying.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
this post can also be found in the irritating thread since people hate the smell of it

awesome Chicken Pad Thai mass produced from a great company called Chow Maine...:)

boiker

Cyburbian
Homemade potato and bean tacos, spinach salad w/ tuscan vingerette, and a granny smith apple.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Leftover potato, ham and cheese casserole (made with extra pepper!), pineapple rings, and low-fat pudding, all washed down with a Diet Dr. Pepper (my only caffiene for the day).

I'm very full. Maybe I should have skipped the pudding, since we are eating out with the in-laws tonight.:-x

Veloise

Cyburbian
Thanksgiving preview

A local website designer decided to pull together a free outdoor potluck. I heard about it on the multi-station NPR outlet last night, tracked it down on Facebook. (Posted a query, had a reply within 30 seconds.)

The co-hosts provided turkey and sides. A catering place: tableware. Situated out front of a coffee place, who stocked the pots. And someone brought nametags so that we could more easily interact with our new friends.

In my neon don't-hit-me bike jacket, both the aforementioned NPR station and the local one tracked me down. And the local citizen journalism outlet did a video interview. Slow news day; all the TV stations and a couple of students from the broadcasting classes showed up.

Along with all the yummy chow, a huge pile of bagged food donation sprouted next to the bike rack. (Guessing that my distinctive ride will appear in some of the shots.)

Now I have to go stretch out for a nap!

otterpop

Cyburbian
I am having a boloney and chesse sandwich on white bread. Mmmmm Walmart baloney too. $1 a package!

I am the whitest guy I know.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
I am having a boloney and chesse sandwich on white bread. Mmmmm Walmart baloney too. $1 a package!

I am the whitest guy I know.

Hope you had mayo on it, none of that spicy furrin' stuff like mustard.

nrschmid

Cyburbian
Burger King, since I am busy painting my apartment back to white and packing for my move at the end of the week.

DVD

Cyburbian
We all went out today, pad thai noodles and potstickers from Pei Wei.
The tune sandwich will have to wait until tomorrow.

TexanOkie

Cyburbian
  • Turkey pastrami sandwich on wheat bread, with pickle and spicy mustard.
  • Three slices of colby-jack cheese.
  • Bag of ridged potato chips.
  • Nutrigrain bar.
  • Low-calorie tapioca pudding cup.
  • Bottle of water.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
A Lenny's italian sub leftover from lunch yesterday.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Breaded chicken with corn and peas leftover from dinner last night. I enjoy some things more the second day...

Rygor

Cyburbian
I had a large bowl of creamy chicken noodle soup (the best chicken soup EVER), a BLT, and water.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
We went to DeLorenzo's today which is a Trenton landmark famous for their tomato pie. Ate four pieces....the guys at 6-7 pieces each! It's not pizza....it's tomato pie :D

Veloise

Cyburbian
Zatarain's

C'mon, cookstove, hurry up with the jambalaya. I'm hongree!

Gotta find me a sale on that stuff. Just this year I started using up my cupboard stash.

Planit

Cyburbian
Just had an outstanding Buffalo Chicken Pita from the local DT restaurant. Yummy!

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Two Lean Pockets - turkey, broccoli and cheese - and a bottle of water. Still in the lunch bag - sugar free pudding. That'll be my afternoon snack!

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bi Bim Bap! :loveeyes:

Super yum and super jealous. We recently had a Korean restaurant open in downtown New Brunswick and this is my new favorite dish to have. I love that it comes out sizzling in a hot stone bowl.

I have leftover swedish meatballs and egg noodles with veggies.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Cherry yogurt, Fuji apple, string cheese. Paying penance for the sausage and biscuits for breakfast.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
It wasn't very good and keeps repeating on me.

There's a popular coney dog restaurant in town that sells t-shirts saying "Hot dogs so good you'll wish you could taste them all day. And you probably will."

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
A red pepper with garlic hummus and a mini babybel cheese. :r:

Meanwhile the Mayor brought in a giant tray of bagel's and cream cheese...must..resist...delicious...yeasty...smell...carbs...drool...

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
In n Out Burger and fries, newly transplanted to my part of the world.
The bad part is now it won't feel "vacation-y".

johnelsden1

Homemade chicken noodle soup with carrots & pasta.............3rd day now.............mmmmmmm feeling better I am...............

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Subway BMT w/chips & drink. Tonight...yesssss, it's fisssshes, my precious.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Turkey sandwich, potato chips, apple, wild persimmons from the country place.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Falafel w/ hummus and a side of tabbouleh. It was delicious and not part of my healthy eating plan. :-@

TexanOkie

Cyburbian
Subway Cold Cut Combo on wheet bread, with lettuce, tomato, olives, banana peppers, and oil & vingar dressings.

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
2 leftover sloppy joes. As the scary lunch lady from Billy Madison would say, "I made them extra sloppy for ya".

To go with it...some sour cream and cheddar Ruffles chips, a banana, and a bottle of water.