• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

NEVERENDING ♾️ The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I had a multi-grain wrap with roasted garlic hummus, baby greens, and grilled chicken.

Now I'm eating a Reese's Peanut Butter Heart. :l:

I love it: a sensible, healthy lunch, and chocolate for dessert. That's my kind of meal! :D

I had a toasted bagel with cream cheese, and some Stonyfield Farms banilla yogurt. I am completely addicted to banilla yogurt - it has the consistency of chocolate pudding. :p

beach_bum

Cyburbian
The local Lions club had a fish fry...yum! Boiled potatoes, cole slaw, hush puppies and homemade desserts.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Grilled chicken salad at Campisi's! We sat outside in the 80 degree weather, watching the office drones walk on obblestones in stillettos!

HomerJ

Cyburbian
Headin out with a big group today for birthday celebrations at the Olive Garden. I haven't been to one of these since I was a kid, but I do remember liking the food back then.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Leftover burger from the Mothers Day cookout and Spartan brand bbq chips.

For some reason home made burgers never taste anywhere near as good when served as leftovers the next day, as they do off the grill.:glum:

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Individual thin crust pizza with pepperoni and green peppers with an unsweet tea at Enzo's.

I like their pizza. :loveeyes:

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Asian sesame salad with chicken from Panera. I ordered the new Thai Chopped Chicken Salad but somehow this one ended up in my bag. Didn't realize it until I was back in the office. Oh well. This one is good too.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Leftover beef roast with curry rice. Should have had some fruit to eat as dessert, but hubby put it on his cereal this morning. :-{

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
I have been told we have some of the best deep fried brain sandwiches around which I have posted before.

I've seen the PSA's about fried brains. Do they really taste like eggs? Or is that just the pan-fried ones, not the deep fried?

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Leftover Chinese food which was still tasty.

I've eaten lamb brains before...in the Middle East they cook a dish called pacha which is essentially a lamb's head stew that is traditionally eaten in the winter. It's cooked for a very long time then crack the head open and scoop out the brains and it's all eaten with basmati rice. It's pretty good if you don't know what you are eating and haven't been around for the stinky part of the cooking.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Missing NOLA

Voodoo Chicken sandwich - blackened chicken, caramelized onions, jalapenos, and provolone. Yum!

Andouille sausage for dinner!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Chicken Salad, cubed fruit, and a green salad with 1/2 a wheat roll.

See I behaving myself.

TexanOkie

Cyburbian
Today I had a bologna sandwhich, a bag of pretzel sticks, a cup of yogurt, and a bottle of Coke Zero. Run-of-the-mill brown bag lunch (only in a reusable lunch bag/cooler).

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Sausage and sauerkraut today. Yep I am alone in the office.

Planit

Cyburbian
A nice little meatball sub was the special today at the downtown eatery. I can't remember the last time I had a meatball sub before today's lunch.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Let's see...a small piece of leftover steak, half of a ham and swiss sandwich, chips, Halloween cookie, and a glass of Canada Dry ginger ale

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a pack of peanut butter Ritz crackers so far....had to wait late enough because I have to go to another one of our locations to pick up a check after 3pm and I wasn't feeling like doing the climb up 3 long flights of stairs twice.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Leftover whole wheat pasta with red pepper, sweet potato, and goat cheese. Yum!

When the Hubby is on break I eat like a Queen!

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I've had enough leftovers for meals (both lunch and dinner) over the past week that I had to break the cycle so I took myself to Qdoba. I was going to go for sushi for lunch, but a coworker wanted to join me and I didn't want to share my sushi find with him. :not:

kms

Cyburbian
I had leftover lasagna made with whole wheat pasta. I can hide whole wheat pasta in lasagna, and my kids eat it without complaining, and without realizing that they're eating whole wheat pasta.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Leftover whole wheat pasta with red pepper, sweet potato, and goat cheese. Yum!

When the Hubby is on break I eat like a Queen!

Yum is right. Is there a recipe you can share, or did Hubby make it up as he went along?

I had a whole-wheat bagel with veggie cream cheese in the car on my way to a doctor's appointment. :( I surprised myself by not getting the steering wheel covered in cream cheese.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Lemon greek yogurt, fuji apple, two cheese sticks, carrots.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Yum is right. Is there a recipe you can share, or did Hubby make it up as he went along?

I had a whole-wheat bagel with veggie cream cheese in the car on my way to a doctor's appointment. :( I surprised myself by not getting the steering wheel covered in cream cheese.

Sure thing!

hilldweller

Cyburbian
Leftover Chicago. Style. Pizza. Yum.

I love Chicago Style Pizza. Eating it is like saying "EFF YOU" to dieting.

As for myself, I had a ham and turkey sandwich with munster cheese on white bread with potato chips and yogurt for lunch today. Same thing as yesterday (we'll see how long this "no more eating out all the time" New Year's resolution lasts though):r:

Last edited:

imaplanner

Cyburbian
Today was chicken pho. Pho is so delicious. I love it so much I would sit up in a tree with it kissing it and then I would marry it and then have babies with it.

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
First time contributor to this thread. Today I munched on a peanut butter and sugar-free rasberry preserves "sam-wich". And then I drank a tall glass of ice water to get my tongue separated from the roof of my mouth.

Bear

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Leftover festival brats with mustard, and the spaetzle/sauerkraut dish we had last night (last night's dinner also featured savory green beans and washed down with a 22oz St Pauli Girl)