• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The NEVERENDING what's on the grill thread

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Redemption occurred last night. I grilled porterhouse steaks and they turned out fine. Plus, we got the pizza box cleaned up (sauce and cheese got on the stone) and ready for the next run. Important lessons were learned from last time: first and foremost, don't chintz on charcoal. Second, be sure to put dry yeast in warm water and make sure it's active before mixing with the dough. Lastly, don't make crusts too thin.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
We grilled pizza again on Saturday. I'm still working the kinks out in our pizza making system but still managed to produce two very tasty pizzas that were on par with pizzeria pizza. We're still experimenting with the process. I discovered Pillsbury pizza dough tastes like....Pillsbury dough. We threw the pizza with the Pillsbury crust out.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Last night: chicken thighs (red wine vinegar and mustard based marinade with rosemary and other herbs and seasonings), followed by rustic Italian bread (olive oil, kosher salt, cracked black pepper - placed on the grill where the chicken had been, rubbed with garlic afterwards, topped with lightly dressed pea shoots and herbs).

Planit

Cyburbian
Last night - a big Fred Flintstone ribeye with garlic salt and cracked black pepper, green beans from Memaw's garden with browned butter and roasted potatoes drizzled with olive oil and a dried herb mix.

I only came to this conclusion when Mrs. P said I was in charge of dinner about 4:00. I went to the grocery store with the sole intent on finding what looked good in the butcher section (& on sale), then figured out the rest.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Last night - bbq baby back ribs. Smoked to perfection on a Weber kettle grill using indirect heat and cherrywood charcoal. Had a bit of a challenge maintaining a consistent temp throughout, but four hours later both racks were ready and the meat was falling off the bone. Mmm mmm! Applied a rub consisting of: brown sugar, seasoned salt, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, and Spanish smoked paprika. At the end applied some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (cut 5:1 with apple cider vinegar just to thin it out a bit). Served with French fries and baked beans. Other important details: the beer consumed while grilling was a few tall boys of Hamm's. Beer served with dinner was Lattitude 42 amber ale.

1565613573680.png

Planit

Cyburbian
Last night it was Nathan's All Beef hot dogs and corn on the cob from Memaw's garden.
Simple. Easy. So. Very. Good.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Last night it was Nathan's All Beef hot dogs and corn on the cob from Memaw's garden.
Simple. Easy. So. Very. Good.
So how was Memaw's corn? We know you included the word "good" in your descriptors, but how would the corn rate on, say, a 1 - 100 scale?

Planit

Cyburbian
Extremely good. Nice and sweet. We rolled in in foil with butter, garlic salt and lemon pepper (was going to try kjel's mix but didn't get to it).

I would rate it an 8.5 out of 10. They were picked Sunday. Still have 8 ears to grill until I have to back and pick more.

Top Bottom