• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The NEVERENDING what's on the grill thread

Planit

Cyburbian
The meat came from Lowes Foods. I'll be defrosting lamb chops for tomorrows dinner, also from Lowes. Girlfriend works there and just gets loads of stuff for massive discounts. My freezer is absolutely chock full of stuff now. She went to some sort of butcher shop last week and picked up alligator fillets. Those should be interesting!

When I go that way I usually stop by the Lowes near the Red Tornado high school. Either that or go a little further north to what used to be Harris Teeter & the new Publix.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Grilled a couple of ribeyes last night - seared both sides, then finished them with indirect heat. Came out a perfect medium rare with nicely rendered fat.

TOFB

Cyburbian
My vegan daughter grills carrots and doctors them up with ketchup, mustard, pickles and onions and eats them as a dog. I am 98% vegetarian but she's doing that wrong.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Tonight will be alligator fillets! Should be interesting. I think I'll try them on the smoker.

I cooked my first brisket over the weekend. It was....okay. Wasn't overdone, but it had no real flavor. I followed a recipe that called for a wrap (the Texas Crutch) at around 150 to get it over the stall. I followed that but I felt like it ruined the bark. I also cooked it to 203 on the smoker and then pulled it and let it rest in a cooler till it came back down to around 150. I think I'll pull it much earlier than 203 next time.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Tonight will be alligator fillets! Should be interesting. I think I'll try them on the smoker.

I cooked my first brisket over the weekend. It was....okay. Wasn't overdone, but it had no real flavor. I followed a recipe that called for a wrap (the Texas Crutch) at around 150 to get it over the stall. I followed that but I felt like it ruined the bark. I also cooked it to 203 on the smoker and then pulled it and let it rest in a cooler till it came back down to around 150. I think I'll pull it much earlier than 203 next time.
Let us know how the gator turns out. I've only ever had it fried (and I like it) but the grocery store here carries it from time to time and I've always been interested in trying to make it myself, but never actually went through with it.