• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The NEVERENDING YouTube thread

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Since the [youtube] tag is working, I thought I'd start a thread featuring interesting YouTube videos.

This is scary. I was a kid in the 1970s, yet I remember these commercials like it was yesterday.

[youtube]u7i5KdtfJM8[/youtube]

[youtube]P7kZUtO8dD4[/youtube]

[youtube]CBvQ5Eb9oZ8[/youtube]

[youtube]15XXtaQF8S0[/youtube]

[youtube]L599xdh5h6M[/youtube]

[youtube]3W2QlwbMOr8[/youtube]

[youtube]D9-xJysd7Ow[/youtube]

[youtube]aMEJa9lGvLo[/youtube]

[youtube]nBeUGqeYsQg[/youtube]

[youtube]v64XodHCtPQ[/youtube]

[youtube]oNngrlNixGE[/youtube]

[youtube]Ob7kfQg4oMk[/youtube]
(Yes, I actually had one!)

[youtube]_bEkq7JCbik[/youtube]

[youtube]bwRT7akgSRw[/youtube]

[youtube]y8GBJxJDnQo[/youtube]

[youtube]VO3HbjGI_So[/youtube]

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I wonder what Joey Heatherton looks like today? I'll Google that tomorrow morning.

Whoa!! Back up. She was born in 1944. Never mind.

Runner

Cyburbian
Here are a few of my favorites:

[youtube]FLPaVsB8DgA[/youtube]

[youtube]b1wogkDmLlQ[/youtube]

[youtube]s-_LBXWMCAM[/youtube]

[youtube]oIrSlkf3MQ8[/youtube]

Last edited:

jordanb

Cyburbian
How about "don't want to jump through stupid hoops and install buggy browser plugins? Hell no!"

I won't be watching any you-tube until they allow me to download the movie, or AT LEAST view the stream with my own program.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
How about "don't want to jump through stupid hoops and install buggy browser plugins? Hell no!"

I won't be watching any you-tube until they allow me to download the movie, or AT LEAST view the stream with my own program.
What? Afraid Macromedia will install hidden programs to control your brainwaves? ;)

I mean cmon it's just flash....

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am sorry Dan... Stan made me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MslmD5w8OQI

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MslmD5w8OQI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MslmD5w8OQI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Bear Rather interviews our faithful leader Dan the Stan man!

Producer.................. Maister
Editor.................... Maister
Grip........................ Maister
Sound Manager ...... Maister
Directed By ..............Maister

This has been a Stan Films production. Broadcast by Michaelskis

*for some reason it is not setting up right... link works!

jordanb

Cyburbian
What? Afraid Macromedia will install hidden programs to control your brainwaves? ;)

I mean cmon it's just flash....
1) Macromedia produces very crappy plugins for Linux that make mozilla
very unstable. I'm not going to deal with an unstable, buggy browser 90%
of the time just for the rare occasion when I actually want to see some dog
balencing a beach ball on his head.

2) No it's not "just flash." These systems all call for any one of a number
of plugin systems. And THEY DON'T HAVE TO. Until some wankstain
figured out how to hide the source of the file behind a bunch of javascript
all these sites provided a link where people could access the stream with
a program of their choosing.

Dan: So you don't allow animated images (even in the FAC) on Cyburbia
but you'll allow video? Good god man.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Dan: So you don't allow animated images (even in the FAC) on Cyburbia
but you'll allow video? Good god man.
Well, the video doesn't become animated without user action; it's not like they start by themselves. The animated GIFs just animate; there's no user control to start or stop it. If there was a way to display GIF animation only if the file was clicked, I'd probably have it here.

Otherwise, plug-ins will never be required for normal site features - not if I can help it. There's increasing Ajax, but I don't think that should cause anyone any problems, even if they're using Lynx.

jordanb

Cyburbian
By "otherwise" you mean "except this video thing which I think is cool?" That's not very heartening. :-\

PS: Ajax is great so long as it's written correctly. The only thing it needs client-side is javascript. And if it keeps a million twits from using shockwave to display a text block that scrolls ever-so-slightly more smoothly than standard html, then it's done its job.

Jen

Cyburbian
WHich bushism to watch, you decide there are so many!

me too, BC knows WTF he's talking about unlike our current president

[youtube]NLeKEx1rNmo[/youtube]

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
A Very Young Motor City Madman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkoIT2Ps7w

Hey Bear (and any other geezers out there), check out this blast from the past! Ted looks so young in this video! And ya gotta love the chicks in the go go boots miniskirts and beehives!:-D

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Not YouTube, but a great video example of how not to apply for a job.

From metro.co.uk:
In a competitive job market, everybody understands the need to make your CV strand out. But one Yale student has taken that to rather extreme lengths, sending prospective employers a seven-minute long motivational video - that's become the laughing stock of Wall Street.

Aleksey Vayner's glorious video tribute to how awesome he is, titled 'Impossible Is Nothing', was forwarded around New York's major investment banks, after he submitted it to financial services firm UBS AG.

The forwarded email included comments like 'What NOT to do when looking for a banking job,' 'This is pure gold,' and 'Typical Yalie.'

Describing himself as 'Aleksey Vayner, CEO & Professional Athlete,' the video shows him (supposedly) lifting a 495-pound weight, serving a tennis ball at 140mph, performing a rather impressive rotating jump while skiing, and &#8211; in an extended sequence &#8211; ballroom dancing with an underdressed lady while clad in a figure hugging black polo neck.

In the video, he comments: 'If you're going to work, work. If you're going to train, train. If you're going to dance, then dance, but do it with passion.'

Finally, wearing white robes, he majestically smashes a pile of bricks with his bare hands.

In his cover letter to UBS, he says: 'As a world-level athlete in several sports, I have developed an insatiable appetite for peak performance and continuous learning. My trainer and world martial arts champion often said, &#8220;Impossible is just someone's opinion.&#8221; I live by those words.'

His 11-page resume (11 pages!) also states that he is the CEO of his own investment firm, that he founded a charity helping young people, and that he can cure people using his knowledge of Chinese medicine.

[snip]
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Thanks for the explanation about ImpossibleIsNothing Dan. I watched the blasted thing and thought WTF?

IlliniPlanner

Cyburbian
Dude, those were way to long...did anyone watch the whole thing?
Living in Illinois and knowing it's campaign season, his opponent provided "blips" on the important parts in her commercials.

The unfortunate thing is I do not feel comfortable with either candidate. :-{

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
I don't get it - recreating a scene from Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2
Yes, I searched the internet to find this back story on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Night,_Deadly_Night_Part_2
As the except says, the term "Garbage Day!" has gained a cult following of sorts. There are some (totally wacked I agree) that think that scene is the best scene in film history.

I wouldn't go that far but still think it's funny as Hell.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Well it's been a while since someone posted here...

Remember those boring science/biology videos... here's one... a little different :D
How drugs affect spiders:

[youtube]PiSFBGP4JE4[/youtube]

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Well it's been a while since someone posted here...
Hilarious! I remember Hinterland Who's Who from watching Canadian television when I was a kid.

42 seconds in. LOOK AT MY HAIR!!!!!!

[youtube]2VMDE1w8Qh0[/youtube]

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Q. Who else saw this yesterday on NBC Today Show ?
Was she :-c out or was that just acting ?

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Q. Who else saw this yesterday on NBC Today Show ?
Was she :-c out or was that just acting ?
The whole group of women were on Good Morning America...they're actresses.

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
JNA....ah hah.....just as I thought! Great and eye-opening clip. I told ya! Braaahaahahahaha....... :-c

Bear

[youtube]1dmVU08zVpA[/youtube]

One of the funniest SNL videos I've ever seen. :-D :-D

May not be work safe.......

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Body Fusion: Low Impact Workout

[youtube]v9TzJAbubDM[/youtube]

Dead-on SNL parody of a 1980s exercise video, right down to the bad VHS tracking.

"This aligns our chakras and helps oxinigate the blood."

More Kristen Wiig, please.

Top Bottom