• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 the new guy

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Hi everyone...

I'm new at submitting posts on Cyburbia, but not new to reading them. I started reading them with my better (or sometimes worse) half, nerudite. Through her, I discovered that planners actually can have a sense of humor. Some of your forums look kind of interesting sometimes, so I thought I might be able to contribute my $0.02 once in a while. See you on the boards!

elmo

nerudite

Cyburbian
BiteMeElmo said:
I started reading them with my better (or sometimes worse) half, nerudite.
Hey now... I have mod capabilities. Be careful, bucko. ;)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Welcome Elmo,

My wife tried participating at Cybubia, but it didn't work out so well. I still say she should have registered...

Don't piss off the better half - she has magical powers, around here at least :)

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome, Elmo.

Hmmmm.... Now this could get very interesting. Hey Dan, care to revoke Nerudite's mod status for a day or two? ;)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Welcome from someone who also has a SO as a cyburbanite! :b

donk

Cyburbian
Nice to have another SO on board.

Learned a bit about you in Halifax.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I'd suggest reading through the archives and digging up all the crap she has talked about you.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome.

So, does nerudite talk as much smack at home as she does around here? ;)

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Welcome.

So, does nerudite talk as much smack at home as she does around here? ;)
Oh yeah, not only does she talk smack, she likes to give me a smack now and then to keep me in line. I think she's considering having her middle name legally changed to Smack.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome! You have a long way to go if you want to catch up to Nerudite's post count.

Rem

Cyburbian
Welcome.

From Edmonton too. One of our Landscape Architects just returned from Edmonton after a 12 month sabbatical - I think working for the City Parks Department. He told some horror stories about the cold. Didn't run into an Aussie popsicle in past year did you?