• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

the new super gun

Jeff

Cyburbian
*****DROOLING********

******HOMER DROOL THING*********

*Homer voice from when he ate the 64 slices of cheese*

"One million rounds a minute.....ahhhhhhhhh"

el Guapo

Capitalist
PG said "yes it’s for killing humans there is no other reason"

It could be used very effectively by Navy ships to protect against cruise missiles...among other non-lethal uses. Converesly, it would have been useful to our men in Somalia, and Iraq.

I never feel guilty about being better armed than the next country, or my neighbors. War toys have given us all the freedom we enjoy to deride them. Freedom didn't flow from a peaceful protest or a wicked letter to the editor. It came from the point of a bayonet. A red bayonet.

PS - It’s my Constitutional right to have one in every room of my house. ;)

jordanb

Cyburbian
Actually such weapons are often used for shooting down missles. Naval ships have larger versions on board as missle defense, but yeah that one looks like it was designed for killing people and nothing else.

Jeff

Cyburbian
jordanb said:
Actually such weapons are often used for shooting down missles. Naval ships have larger versions on board as missle defense, .
They do? I don't recall ever running into anything that puts out 1,000,000 r'spm (rounds per minute)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Okay, kids, stop the bickering. Look at the post times.

BTW, imagine the fun 'necks in The Town Next Door would have firing this mean machine into the air to celebrate ... oh, something like the wedding of Randy and Tammy. "Hey, we don't have to use them modified nail guns anymore!"

Also, consider that bullets fall as fast as they rise. If there's an army of advancing foot soldiers, all a defending army would have to do is fire a few of these into the air, at an angle that would arc a hail of falling bullets into the area of the advancing troops.

It's trading under the Australian Stock Exchange as MST. AU40 cents a share.

Tom R

Cyburbian
guns

EG said:
PG

War toys have given us all the freedom we enjoy to deride them. Freedom didn't flow from a peaceful protest or a wicked letter to the editor. It came from the point of a bayonet. A red bayonet.

Ghandi saw it differently.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: guns

Tom R said:
EG said:
PG

War toys have given us all the freedom we enjoy to deride them. Freedom didn't flow from a peaceful protest or a wicked letter to the editor. It came from the point of a bayonet. A red bayonet.

Ghandi saw it differently.
Agreed, there is a place for non-violence in the scheme of things. But it wouldn't have brought down the USSR, Hitler or Pol Pot. Remember Tianamen? Sometimes you gotta grab a rifle.

Tom R

Cyburbian
Re: Re: guns

El Feo said:
Point well taken, TR, but...I'll take the relative placidity of the United States (bought with violence) over the volatility of India any day.
I agree, but other nations have won independence (freedom) non-violently for example our friends in the Great White North. There is a time to fight and a time not to fight. I guess I am bothered by the absolute statement implied that all freedom is won at the point of a bayonet. Freedom is often lost that way too. In some instances freedom is lost relatively peacefully such as when Hitler was elected.

If India had chosen a more violent path to independence, what would have been the results? At least a lot more Indians would have died in the process.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: guns

Tom R said:
I agree, but other nations have won independence (freedom) non-violently for example our friends in the Great White North. There is a time to fight and a time not to fight. I guess I am bothered by the absolute statement implied that all freedom is won at the point of a bayonet. Freedom is often lost that way too. In some instances freedom is lost relatively peacefully such as when Hitler was elected.
I agree with a lot of what you say, TR, but I believe that freedom can only be preserved by the real, latent threat of violence. I know you probably feel otherwise. But I think we only preserve our right to hold this civil discussion through my willingness to own a firearm, and willingness to use it against would-be tyrants.

If India had chosen a more violent path to independence, what would have been the results? At least a lot more Indians would have died in the process.
Ifs are hard. More Indians would have died, that is undisputable. But the shared sacrifice and sensitivity to the fragility of freedom that armed violent rebellion would have engendered might just as likely have knit together Hindu, Muslim, Seikh (and non-violent Buddhists?) into a more peaceful and progressive nation.

Tom R

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: guns

El Feo said:
I agree with a lot of what you say, TR, but I believe that freedom can only be preserved by the real, latent threat of violence. I know you probably feel otherwise.

Not really, I'm just leery of the shoot first, ask questions later crowd.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: guns

Tom R said:
El Feo said:
I agree with a lot of what you say, TR, but I believe that freedom can only be preserved by the real, latent threat of violence. I know you probably feel otherwise.

Not really, I'm just leery of the shoot first, ask questions later crowd.
The ask questions first crowd got in to the trains headed to Poland.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
So, the gun is not mechanical, and uses some kind of electromagnetic repulsion or something like that? otherwise i can't imagine how could you shoot a bullet....

BTW: 1 million rounds per minute... damn that's a lot of gunpower, I hope it doesn't fall in the wrong hands!

Tom R

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: guns

EG said:
The ask questions crowd got in to the trains headed to Poland.
If you look at this in another way, the bad guys had all the GUNS. Armed resistance of those headed to Auschwitz may have made hiding the holocaust difficult for the Germans, but I'm not sure that world reaction would have been much different. The "world" seemed to be blissfully ignorant of what was going on almost to the point of collusion. But, the deportees would have had the satisfaction of going down with a fight.