• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The oddest gift you bought

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
What's the oddest holiday gift you've bought recently?

My mom is so hard to shop for. How many purses and earrings does she need? Tonite I was at BJ's Wholesale club and ended up buying her a box of 140 latex gloves (she uses them when she's cleaning house). Last year one of her gifts was 800 of those little cotton squares used to take makeup off.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Toilet paper

90 some year old great grand dad, we all devided up a list of stuff he needed, food, clothing, cleaning stuff, etc etc and i drew 6 months of TP out of the hat

im just glad it was not his undies i had to buy!

donk

Cyburbian
One year I bought my parents a sump pump, another year I bought syringes and medication for the sheep and donkey.

Last edited:

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
This year we got my family coal and switches. Dad always threatened that was what Santa was going to bring.

So, we went to Lowe's and bought light switches and Kohl's for gift certificates.