• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The Original Starbucks

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I've been to the original Pizzeria Uno in Chicago, and the original Chipotle in Denver. There's also a Pizzeria Due in Chicago, owned by the Pizzeria Uno folks; the deep dish there is much deeper than at Uno.

H

Cyburbian
jtfortin said:
Nope, but I have been to the Original Hooters in Tampa, FL.
F-L-A, F-L-A, F-L-A!!! (in chanting voice)

gotta luv Florida! and all It's the 'cultural' contributions.

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Orig. Starbucks

Beaner:

I've "been" there....kind of a pilgrimage for me as despite all of the ribbing and as a caffeine junkie, I think SB made good coffee easier to procure in this country.

I was surprised that the location didn't have more of a "landmark" status associated with it; as I recall, there's a small plaque in the store.

I also really enjoyed being in the neighborhood around the place; that being Seattle's famous Pike's Market...

Miles

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I don't think I've been to the "first" anything; but I was at Disney World on the second day it was open, 30 years ago.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I've been to the original Pizzeria Uno in Chicago, and the original Chipotle in Denver. There's also a Pizzeria Due in Chicago, owned by the Pizzeria Uno folks; the deep dish there is much deeper than at Uno.
We used to go to Uno or Due on Friday or Saturday night before heading down to the nightclubs on Rush & Division. It has been several years. Anyone know if Eddie Rockets is still there or long gone?

oulevin

Cyburbian
Original Starbucks

I recognize that sign; was the original in Pike Place Market? Different from the (seems like) hundreds of other shops in Seattle.

nerudite

Cyburbian
If it's the one near Pike's Place, then I've been to it... I had no idea it was the first one. I just really really needed something to drink and it was in the right place.

I think I've been to the first Red Robin which is in Seattle... it's on the water as you go north from the Capital Hill district to cross the bridge going into the Uni District.

I've been to a lot of the "firsts" in LA, like Bob's Big Boy, In n Out, Tommy's, etc.