• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

The paranormal?

The Paranormal: Is it real?

• It exists and I have seen, felt, channled, projected through it myself.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I'm very open to the possibilty of a paranormal plane

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I'm unsure, but I lean towards belief.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I'm unsure, but I lean towards skepticism.

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • I'm very skeptical.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No way. Pure rubbish. The Amazing Randy is correct.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I have no opinion, and people like me better this way.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • See my opinion below:

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
I haven't personally had any paranormal experiences, but, then again, nothing I've seen has convinced me that the paranormal DOESN'T exist. That being said, I voted for open.

Interesting that so many of us have had such experiences--I'm sure the government could waste millions of dollars on a decades long study of the correlation between paranormal activity and urban planning.

Good thread, just remember to "think 4th dimensionally" (thanks Doc Brown).

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Oh, I also had a college Ouiga board incident where 2 friends chanelled my dead grandmother. She was gone maybe 3 months, they had never met her - much less knew her name - and "the board" was talking about very personal family things that these people had zero knowledge of.

Jen said:
Energy fields are all around us, how do we use them, can we influence those energy vibes with just our minds? What is the collective conscious. Aren't we reaching out to each other here beyond usning our keyboards. Don't we all get into each others heads a little - Do you believe the vibes we feel from reading the forums does effect the vibrational energy all around us - maybe reaching across distances?

Since you asked, there is research that shows that matter can be influenced by thought:

Messages in Water

More messages in water