• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The Pretentious Thread (tm)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
You know, folks, Tuscany is so out this year. Ever since the Travel Channel did the "Secrets of Siena" show, the place has just gone downhill. This summer, I'll be checking out the Wine Route in South Africa. It's supposed to be an excellent year, and the Plopbok vineyard has some of the finest old vine wine in the Southern Hemisphere. I don't trust the effects of a trans-Atlantic trip on a complex reisling.

What was I going to ask? Oh yeah ... should I get a Viking fridge, or a Sub-Zero?

Excuse me ... the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields retrospective of early 19th century Ottoman Empire composers is on NPR. Can't miss it.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I comprehend your quandry, Daniel. Europe is so bourgeois, and unseemly what with the current state of international politics. Still, does it not seem that South Africa is just a tad outre? I would highly recommend summering in a more proper locale, such as the Hamptons, with a short excursion to the brothels of Thailand. One must always maintain the high standards of one's class.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Mike DeVuono said:
I'm not gonna touch this one :)
Your breeding shows in this post. The Blue Route calls, Mike. Answer the call ... answer the call.

:)

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
You proletarians post to this pedestrian message board while I sip my latte and examine my portfolio and stock options.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Would you happen to have some Grey Poupon?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
True blue bloods have Bentleys!
Bah. If it didn't come from the old factory in Crewe, it's not a Bentley. Besides, anyone can buy a Betley if it's old enough.

If you can visit for Boxing Day, perhaps you can sample my new Maybach.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
giff57 said:
Would you happen to have some Grey Poupon?
Sniff! You don't get gourmet mustard at Tar-jay, giff!

There's a delightful mustard from Provence that you must sample, though. It's perfectly balanced, with a rich nutty flavor.

I also have some truffle mustard.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
I would highly recommend summering in a more proper locale, such as the Hamptons, with a short excursion to the brothels of Thailand. One must always maintain the high standards of one's class.
Cheerio my good friend. Bankok is lovely in the winters, and for a mere $0.50 American you can have the "services" of an asian child for an entire day.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
BKM said:
That is really, really "icky," bturk
DISCLAIMER: bturk does not condone, support, encourage, or in any other way promote the use of children for anything other than housework and textile manufacturing.

statler

Cyburbian
bturk said:

DISCLAIMER: bturk does not condone, support, encourage, or in any other way promote the use of children for anything other than housework and textile manufacturing.
Ya' know... I hate laughing out loud at the abuse of children, but now you made me go and do just that. Bastid! ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Bturk, what kind of twisted mind would post such things? ;-) Besides, child labor should also be used in agricultural production and certain industrial applications.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
bturk said:
[ot]Regarding the long lifespan of Nikes, I've always said that nobody can make shoes like ten year old Malaysians.[/ot]

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
Bturk, what kind of twisted mind would post such things? ;-)
I need to get out of the house more I guess!