• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The Sunday Afternoon Club

Vancity

Cyburbian
This forum is not active enough on Sundays - when I need it to be most

Moderator note:
Maister - okay, I'm splitting this on a Monday, because I didn't log in on Sunday, but figure it's the least I can do to accommodate this plaintive plea.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
This forum is not active enough on Sundays - when I need it to be most
Yeah sunday afternoon is slow around here. ;)

========================================================================================================================

Teh Clube Watch List -

The One is 26 posts from 7K

Last edited:

Vancity

Cyburbian
Glad to hear it .. and it's understood.

I mean, glad to hear that you successfully farted, and also glad that we didn't hear the actual fart.

It's not on You Tube, is it? Please say no.
Uhg. Sundays :not:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Sunday activities -

Recycled newspapers & shredded paper
Ran the dishwasher
did 2 loads of laundry
posted on Cyburbia
channel surfing TV - NFL Hall of Fame game or Sharknado - anything better on ?

kms

Cyburbian
Sunday activities -

Recycled newspapers & shredded paper
Ran the dishwasher
did 2 loads of laundry
posted on Cyburbia
channel surfing TV - NFL Hall of Fame game or Sharknado - anything better on ?
One load of laundry.
Ran dishwasher twice.
Made red beans.
Smoked a chicken and some tasso on the grill.
Clipped up a wild grape vine that's growing on the fence.
Grocery shopped.
Grilled hot dogs.
Met and visited a senior citizen neighbor who turned out to be a nice guy. I left the food on the grill a little too long be aide he needed some company.
Hung around with my boys

DVD

Cyburbian
Sunday action...
Weather proofed a couple windows
Bought school supplies for the kids

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
My Sunday routine
Church
Laundry
grocery shopping
Working out
Church
finally some chill out time at the end

Vancity

Cyburbian
I just noticed this thread. I have gone to work every Sunday for the last 3 years, except for 2 Sundays when I was out of town.

Otis

Cyburbian
I think this thread should be titled the Sunday Afternnon Club.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Do I have to testify to become a member?
No, just post how exciting your sunday afternoon was -
laundry, dishes, recycling, washing the car and/or dog, napping, watching tv, paying bills
- the mundane

Vancity

Cyburbian
I will be very grateful to have something to read on the slowest day of the week.

Otis

Cyburbian
This is so exciting. It's going to be Sunday soon and this thread will be inundated with all sorts of interesting posts. I can't wait! :canada::usa:

Vancity

Cyburbian
Yes, Its sure to be a mundane day tomorrow! I'm hoping you guys will spice up my day with some reading materials!?

kms

Cyburbian
Don't count on me. Today is going to be a day of rest. Yesterday was busy and good.

Otis

Cyburbian
Well, I'm out of bed. The question on arising is whether to have crab omelettes for breakfast or to save the crab for dinner.

kms

Cyburbian
I walked to the store for this week's groceries. Then I walked home.
Sat on porch and read the paper.
Thinking about taking a nap.

Richmond Jake

Cyburbian
Well, I'm out of bed. The question on arising is whether to have crab omelettes for breakfast or to save the crab for dinner.
I miss fresh dungeness crab. :not:

Rainy, stormy morning on the :florida: panhandle. We skipped brunch today but not the sparkling wine. :)

We may adopt a dog that was recently in the news....another abused pooch. I have connections.

Otis

Cyburbian
I fixed the roller on the bottom of the sliding screen door to the deck off our bedroom. Actually I replaced it because it was totally rusted and broken.

In an unrelated note, there is an eternal law of the universe that says any home repair job requires two trips to the hardware store.

kms

Cyburbian
I helped a friend work on her resume and went for pizza.
I'm going for a walk now.

Vancity

Cyburbian
I've been reading ESRI docs on GIS basics.. I am starting a GIS tech position in a couple weeks. I took an intro course 3 years ago and remember nothing. I am a little nervous.

kms your life sounds like bliss.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
In an unrelated note, there is an eternal law of the universe that says any home repair job requires two trips to the hardware store.
Amen.

I was all set to hang a new shower curtain today, but our current one seems to have been hung with metal rings that don't open. WTH?

I took a nice long walk this afternoon before dinner, without the dog. Ahh, freedom. ;)

kms

Cyburbian
I've been reading ESRI docs on GIS basics.. I am starting a GIS tech position in a couple weeks. I took an intro course 3 years ago and remember nothing. I am a little nervous.

Bliss? I'm content. That's all. :)

You're finding out that we're mostly busy doing mundane thngs and catch-up work on Sundays. That's why no one seems to post.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Bliss? I'm content. That's all. :)

You're finding out that we're mostly busy doing mundane thngs and catch-up work on Sundays. That's why no one seems to post.
Contentment is quite underrated.

DVD

Cyburbian
I would have posted something this weekend, but I was busy taking kids to the zoo, cooking up a birthday meal, drinking tequila based drinks, and framing up the openings for my dining room and kitchen. 2x12's can be kind of heavy.

Otis

Cyburbian
So far it's been a good weekend, food-wise. Friday night we went up north a little to a café that makes great pizza. We sat out on the deck, creekside, with a view of the ocean. I washed the pizza down with a couple of Terminal Gravity IPAs. Terminal Gravity is from Enterprise, OR and until recently was only available in Enterprise, which is a small town almost in Idaho that is not on the road to anywhere. Then Saturday morning Mrs. Otis made pancakes, which I doused with maple syrup from :canada:. Lunch was leftover pizza, and for dinner I made boeuf bourguignon which was excellent. How could it not be when it includes an entire bottle of wine? So far, so good.

Vancity

Cyburbian
So far it's been a good weekend, food-wise. Friday night we went up north a little to a café that makes great pizza. We sat out on the deck, creekside, with a view of the ocean. I washed the pizza down with a couple of Terminal Gravity IPAs. Terminal Gravity is from Enterprise, OR and until recently was only available in Enterprise, which is a small town almost in Idaho that is not on the road to anywhere. Then Saturday morning Mrs. Otis made pancakes, which I doused with maple syrup from :canada:. Lunch was leftover pizza, and for dinner I made boeuf bourguignon which was excellent. How could it not be when it includes an entire bottle of wine? So far, so good.
Glad to hear that you have been enjoying some Canadian cuisine. I am feeling the half bottle of wine I had last night, this morning. Maybe a mistake... the BBQ'd burger wasn't though.

In other news, I bought another old bicycle this morning. The male-companion and I just finished fixing one up, so we're going to start another... This one will be significantly more challenging, I believe. A fun project anyway. Hopefully we can get it done before my 55 hour work week starts in September.

kms

Cyburbian
I just got home from a garden tour in Pittsburgh's Southside neighborhood. There were many interesting and pleasant "hidden" gardens. I'm going to take a short nap now and go to the final free concert that my town will have this year.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Yesterday was a mix of trying to stay cool, going to a book signing, working out and organizing/going to a friends birthday dinner. Today was sleep late, go to church, do chores, talk to family and going back to church.

Otis

Cyburbian
Well, I guess it had to end some time. Ham and cheese omelettes for brunch, then Argyle Brut sparkling wine and Dove dark chocolate on the beach at sunset in honor of our upcoming wedding anniversary:l:, then .....

cooked to death green beans for dinner. :victory:

Planit

Cyburbian
This week in the old south is the Old Soldiers Reunion Week. It stated yesterday with a big car show. So after church we went to a friends house and had a wonderful lunch of leftovers (from the weekend gatherings) and I left the girls on the back porch and took the dog to the car show. There were 12 blocks full of old cars all pre-1979. Overload on the drool factor. Afterwards went back to get the girls, stayed and had dinner and a few IPAs. Great day in my book.

For more info on Reunion Week, ask BigOwl, its his town.

The One

Cyburbian
Cool.....

Vancity, just remember =IF(b=0,0,b/a) and you will be fine:D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
A nice lazy day - stayed inside because of rain (heavy at times) reading a book.