Daily things 5️⃣ The Sunday Afternoon Club

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Spent all afternoon, and part of the evening, cleaning out the garage. This included assembling a garage cabinet, where I can store some of the things that now clutter walls and flat surfaces, and eventually remove shelves on one wall where I'd like to park the mower, hang brooms and shovels, and the like.

Thursday is garbage day. We have two garbage totes, and I've been told not to put anything in them because we need their capacity for when we clean the fridge out this week. So, now there's eight bags of styrofoam and other trash sitting along the side of the house. (My otherwise "green" municipality doesn't have styrofoam recycling.)

Our house was built a few years before building codes required drywall on attached garage exterior walls. The garage now looks kind of like like Walt Kowalski's garage. Eventually I'd like to cover exposed walls in pegboard.

walt kowalski garage.jpg

Planit

Cyburbian
It’s going to rain late this afternoon so I decided I should mow the lawn. Saw a few light patches of grass so I decided to overseed & then put down some fertilizer.

As I was putting everything away a thought came to me. I’m helping my lawn grow, which means I’ll have to mow more, which means I’ve just created more work for me. I’m an idiot.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
It's been a strange kind of weekend. On Friday I decided to take on the overgrown hedges near my back door. I thinned them out considerably but early on I got stung/bit by something. I think it was a wasp as there were several orbiting around but whatever it was that got me was in the bush itself. At first I thought I stuck myself on a thorns but these bushes don't have thorns. I pulled my hand out and it looked more like a bug bite on the backside of my hand, close to the wrist. It hurt pretty good.

The welt was red and within a few hours spread to a patch of about 2" x 3". By the next morning it covered the whole of the back of my hand, from wrist to knuckles, but didn't spread beyond that into my fingers or up into my wrist. Just the back of my hand which looked visibly puffy compared to my other hand and itched like the dickens. It was no worse this morning and it appears to be receding a bit, but the bit itself still itches a lot, kind of like a bad mosquito bite or a fire ant bite.

So I haven't done much else this weekend. I slept in late both Saturday and Sunday due to the Benadryl hangover.... that stuff wipes me out.

My son and his wife came over yesterday to look at a bicycle. It showed up on a FB group, a used 2020 bicycle, marked down about 30% from its new price. Seemed like a good deal, especially since it was an XL frame to fit my 6'-3" son. He bought the bike. Then my sons, daughter-in-law, wife and I went out to dinner together (ate on the patio of a Thai restaurant).

So basically after working hard on Friday, I haven't really done diddlysquat since.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
It's been a strange kind of weekend. On Friday I decided to take on the overgrown hedges near my back door. I thinned them out considerably but early on I got stung/bit by something. I think it was a wasp as there were several orbiting around but whatever it was that got me was in the bush itself. At first I thought I stuck myself on a thorns but these bushes don't have thorns. I pulled my hand out and it looked more like a bug bite on the backside of my hand, close to the wrist. It hurt pretty good.

The welt was red and within a few hours spread to a patch of about 2" x 3". By the next morning it covered the whole of the back of my hand, from wrist to knuckles, but didn't spread beyond that into my fingers or up into my wrist. Just the back of my hand which looked visibly puffy compared to my other hand and itched like the dickens. It was no worse this morning and it appears to be receding a bit, but the bit itself still itches a lot, kind of like a bad mosquito bite or a fire ant bite.

So I haven't done much else this weekend. I slept in late both Saturday and Sunday due to the Benadryl hangover.... that stuff wipes me out.

My son and his wife came over yesterday to look at a bicycle. It showed up on a FB group, a used 2020 bicycle, marked down about 30% from its new price. Seemed like a good deal, especially since it was an XL frame to fit my 6'-3" son. He bought the bike. Then my sons, daughter-in-law, wife and I went out to dinner together (ate on the patio of a Thai restaurant).

So basically after working hard on Friday, I haven't really done diddlysquat since.
Has the swelling and redness gone down and stayed down?

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
My Sunday was typical. Run a camera at church during the morning, go work out for 2-2 1/2 hours at the Y. grocery shopping, laundry, back to church for evening service, gas up for the week, chill for a bit then bed.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
It was still sore, itchy and swollen yesterday. Doing much better today. The skin on the back of my hand is still slightly swollen but the features underneath (veins and tendons and stuff) are starting to appear through the puffiness again.