The Sunday Afternoon Club

dvdneal

Cyburbian
Wash car because of bird poop, already have fresh bird poop.

Cleared up the dead plants from the garden.

Went out to eat with the wife for our anniversary.

Planit

Cyburbian
I had about 2 hours by myself Sunday evening. It was after a very frustrating soccer match for The Girl. The team looked tired (they had played Saturday night) and the referee was non-existent. Mrs. P suggested I should chill out with a beer while she went and help the youth with decorations at the church for Trunk or Treat.

I did what I was told, grabbed a beer, watched a couple things on Netflix, played with the dog and started a fire in the chimnea. I chilled out.

When she got home she said, "where's that beer, now I need to chill out."

BTW: Great fire starter - take an empty six-pack holder, stuff each opening with newspaper, set it on its side in the bottom of the fire pit or chimnea, arrange your wood on top of it and lite it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The parent of one of Junior's classmates told me his two kids are in soccer and frequently they have tournaments out of town - sometimes four hours drive away. A lot of these tournaments have games scheduled starting at 8 or 9 a.m. and the finals games run until dinner time, which means that if their team wins they might not get home until 11 p.m. Anywho, this dad confided he usually hopes his kids' team gets beat before the semi-finals so they can get home at a decent hour.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
On thanksgiving day I did some of my usual sunday routine stuff -

2 loads of laundry
recycling center trip - AIB Alice's Restaurant it was open.
ran the dishwasher
posting here

kms

Cyburbian
The long weekend will be a delightful string of Sundays. It's going to be 65 here today, so I'm going for a bike ride.

A thought occurred to me this morning that I'd like to get some body paint and perform an art experiment/project on ZG. Is that too kinky? No cameras will be involved. :h:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
A thought occurred to me this morning that I'd like to get some body paint and perform an art experiment/project on ZG. Is that too kinky? No cameras will be involved. :h:
if no photos how do we know this ever happened ? ;) 8-!

besides this is a family friendly,child safe, safe for work forum/website right ?

if no photos how do we know this ever happened ? ;) 8-!

besides this is a family friendly,child safe, safe for work forum/website right ?
I'm thinking that Sports Illustrated might give us a call. Ya know, one of the beach photo shoots.

Looks like I pissed off my future daughter-in-law. Not my fault. Did all I could. Guess reaching out to my son was not good enough.

Very unproductive week, so I came into the office today. In two hours I've finished two projects, got caught up on another one, and finished a report. I'm on a roll, so I think I'll dive into another project before calling it a day.

kms

Cyburbian
Got all the remaining Christmas decorations down on Sun. :-$
Don't feel bad. The Walmart in my town is selling cut Christmas trees for the bargain price of $1/tree. I imagine that's going to change this morning; my sister works at another Walmart, and she's sharing my photo with the district manager. Look out!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Don't feel bad. The Walmart in my town is selling cut Christmas trees for the bargain price of $1/tree. I imagine that's going to change this morning; my sister works at another Walmart, and she's sharing my photo with the district manager. Look out!
WHY would anyone buy a Christmas tree a month or more after Christmas? I'd be curious to learn if they sold a single tree.

Otis

Cyburbian
Sunday morning I put up a new thermometer outside, put new license plates on one of the cars, and went up on the roof and cleared a couple of blocked scuppers. As you might imagine, on Sunday afternoon I rested.