• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Daily things 5️⃣ The Sunday Afternoon Club

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Did some sunday afternoon stuff on saturaday - 2 loads of laundry & ran the dishwasher.

Today shred papers for recycling.

kms

Cyburbian
The temps are still below 10. I didn't go outside yesterday and may not today. Wait. A mead tasting business opened. I may walk over there.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
At the office. It's raining and another coworker came in. Wildly exciting time writing zoning verification letters and researching old PUDs.:r:

At least the rain is washing the bird sh!! of my car.

The Terminator

Cyburbian
Stayed up till 5AM on a Saturday banger with some of my fellow rock bro's, drinking white russians, blasting Black Flag and Black Sabbath and smoking cigars (@dvdneal Montecristo Espada!). Some California level shennagins might have gone down too. ;) Got home at 6AM, fell asleep at 7:45AM. Just woke up now and am going to make some breakfast/dinner and finish a paper for school on fair housing that I am actually enjoying writing.

How has your Sunday been so far?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Did not sleep much last night because of back pain. Walk in clinic did x-rays and the whole 9 yards. The entire afternoon was drinking coffee and rotating ice packs watching the clock to see when j can take my next pain pill.

kms

Cyburbian
^ ouch! mskis. I hope that you feel better tomorrow.

I spent my Sunday afternoon doing nothing and now I'm scurrying around in the kitchen. Yesterday was spent organizing, and I have two large kitchen items that each son made in wood shop. They're both bigger than I care to use, and I don't have a box that holds them both, so both are going in the kitchen on valueable counter space.

My feelings would have been hurt had they given those to someone else, and I don't want to hurt one of their feelings by displaying one and not the other.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I'm biased, but I think my granddaughter is the cutest thing ever. Go look at my book of faces page.

The Terminator

Cyburbian
I'm biased, but I think my granddaughter is the cutest thing ever. Go look at my book of faces page.

Omg you have facebook lol.

Sunday was a mellow day today. Slept 14 hours after a wild birthday! Than had some out of this world leftovers for dinner. Now I am listening to the very first Pink Floyd album. Its really trippy. I want it to never stop being '67.

Has anyone ever really watched BLUES CLUES? Its like Steve is on some hardcore hallucination inducing chemicals, his bar of soap talks to him as does his salt shaker and he's seeing a BLUE dog!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Cool and rainy today. My allergies have progressed into a cold and I was up all night coughing.

We went out to the house yesterday. I am thrilled with the amount of work they got gone in a week. At this rate, the outside should be 100% framed in and closed up by the time my F-ing mother in law is here to say, "oh, that's nice, but you should have down this... This... And this... On and we know your going to move back to MI, so all this is a waste of money.

We also learned that the base price of our home went up $10,000 since we signed. We locked in at the old price, so our house is already with $10K more than what we are paying for it!

TOFB

Cyburbian
Doing heavy yard work in the rain on 4 hrs sleep is no way to spend a Sunday. At least the gig last night was great, and only 60 miles away. A real treat!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Has anyone ever really watched BLUES CLUES? Its like Steve is on some hardcore hallucination inducing chemicals, his bar of soap talks to him as does his salt shaker and he's seeing a BLUE dog!

For the record, children's tv shows have been skirting the fringes of psychedelia for years. I have early childhood recollections of Captain Kangaroo featuring two minute long segments devoted to nothing more than images of clouds rolling by. Of more recent vintage, Pee Wee Herman had a playhouseful of animate inanimate objects: Chairy, Clockey, Globey, etc.

Bubba

Cyburbian
For the record, children's tv shows have been skirting the fringes of psychedelia for years. I have early childhood recollections of Captain Kangaroo featuring two minute long segments devoted to nothing more than images of clouds rolling by. Of more recent vintage, Pee Wee Herman had a playhouseful of animate inanimate objects: Chairy, Clockey, Globey, etc.

Not really children's TV...

michaelskis

Cyburbian

Let's not forget Teletubbies and of course Barney, the Purple Dinosaur. My guess is Barney is a cousin of Puff the Magic Dragon.

Richmond Jake

I do not want to travel to Tallahassee for the trial!!! :not:

First, I'll mow our weeds this morning, cook brunch, drink sparkling wine, then lay by the pool. Otherwise, life is good. :h:

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am all about free markets, but don't take up space in the apartment complex car wash station to wash cars for a profit when actual residents are waiting to wash their cars and trucks.

Richmond Jake

When we retire and move to the east coast into a smaller home, we're getting a yard service. No more of this mowing when the heat index is 98°F.

My pizza inspired omelet turned out well this morning.

kms

Cyburbian
When we retire and move to the east coast into a smaller home, we're getting a yard service. No more of this mowing when the heat index is 98°F.

My pizza inspired omelet turned out well this morning.

I hired someone to cut my grass this year, and I'm glad I did. Why wait?

Richmond Jake

We are the Sultans...the Sultans of Swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond Jake

Let's all observe Go Topless Day!! Brunch should be interesting. Fortunately, we're not frying bacon this morning.

Richmond Jake

Mr. RJ's hair coloring saloon is open today to all that are interested.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Did sunday afternoon stuff on saturday afternoon -

recycling drop off - plastic & paper
2 loads of laundry
ran the dishwasher
went grocery shopping

Richmond Jake

Three days on the medication and my blood pressure dropped to 118/70 and 123/72 the past two mornings. *Happy Dance*

We ordered an outdoor shower for the pool area. It connects to the garden hose. Arrives on Wednesday. This will be nice when we're hot and sticky during the summer. :h:

Jen

Cyburbian
Sunday psychedelic

kms

Cyburbian
I took a four hour solo drive. An aimless drive. I needed to unwind, and it worked.

Richmond Jake

Ten days on the medication and my blood pressure is down dramatically. :D

All other vital signs are good. You're stuck with me.

Planit

Cyburbian
Woke up Sunday morning to a beautiful snowfall totally about close to approximately almost 1/2 inch. It had melted completely by 10:30 am and warmed up enough I contemplated mowing the grass around 5:00.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
About an inch of snow greeted me this morning. Four more inches scheduled for today. We'd normally be mortally sick of snow by mid-March, but the winter we had here this year was more like what you'd see in Kentucky.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I spent a good part of the day on Sunday in my garage working on a king size bed. It is turning out quite nice. We bought the paint and the stain for it last night and hopefully will set it up next weekend.

However, it is a heavy monster. The headboard weighs at last 150 pounds.

Richmond Jake

I'm here to report that almost all the hair from the middle of my shins to my ankles has fallen out. It stings trying to pull out those gray shooters around my nipples. I'll use a razor from this point on.

Go 'Gators!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
It stings trying to pull out those gray shooters around my nipples. I'll use a razor from this point on.

Now that was TMI. ;) :r: :p 8-!
============================================================================================================

Now more typical sunday afternoon activities

running the dishwasher
doing a load of laundry
taking paper recycling to drop off/collection shed in city park.
going to Barnes & Noble

Richmond Jake

I'm looking forward to the introduction of our newest member: hottie12.

Have I every mentioned how much I hate my white tile floors?

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Errands have been run, lawn mowed, learning my new iPadPro. I need a weed whacker, but it can wait till next weekend or later.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Did sunday afternoon stuff on saturday -

2 loads of clothes
ran the dishwasher
trip to the recyclying drop off
paid & mailed bills
posted here & FB
did some USGS National Map Corp edits

TOFB

Cyburbian
I will NOT go to the pool supply store tomorrow. (1x Friday, 2x Saturday)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Broke down and bought a new TV. Last one was bought in 2008. It is insane how much less the new one weighs.

Richmond Jake

I made the biggest error of my career recently. On Friday, I opened our on-line board agenda for Tuesday. I had attached the wrong ordinance to my board memo. The chapters we're amending were correct but the implementing ordinance was wrong. I immediately admitted my mistake. Fortunately, the admin in the CM's office corrected my error. Miserable weekend for me.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I made the biggest error of my career recently. On Friday, I opened our on-line board agenda for Tuesday. I had attached the wrong ordinance to my board memo. The chapters we're amending were correct but the implementing ordinance was wrong. I immediately admitted my mistake. Fortunately, the admin in the CM's office corrected my error. Miserable weekend for me.

Maybe I'm missing something but this doesn't seem like THAT big of a mistake. It's not like you got to the hearing with a wrong ordinance or they voted on a wrong ordinance. You got it fixed. I hate mistakes like that too but in the scheme of things nobody or nothing got hurt right? Things happen from time to time.