• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Daily things 5️⃣ The Sunday Afternoon Club

Planit

Cyburbian
Sunday consisted of:

Another argument with The Girl
Church
Repairing a toilet (which included only 2 trips to the hardware store)
Mowing the grass
Grilling out with friends

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
18740172_1449865941723868_367027696896097319_n.jpg

Planit

Cyburbian
washed car
waxed car
washed Ms.P's car
washed dog
put together pressure washer
washed deck
washed deck umbrella
washed deck furniture
went to minor league baseball game
drank beer and ate wings

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Is there anything that tastes better than Béarnaise sauce over a grilled filet mignon? I think not.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I wonder whatever happened to Vancity?

I slept in this morning, which is good because I woke up yesterday at 4:50am and could not get back to sleep.

The ex must not be enjoying her vacation to the Bay Area: she sent my daughter and me a text article with the headline "Your kids should not be the most important in the family". She sent it at 7:35 am PDST. She is most definitely not a morning person.

Ummm, okay.

My son's tuition is due on Friday. Ouch.

kms

Cyburbian
^^ She sent that to her daughter??? She can't take that back. That's rotten.

I'm helping my son move into his apartment near his campus. He's on the second half of his Two-and-two program. I'm going to miss him terribly.

My bike fell off the car before I got out of my town. I have to find a shop that can repair it so I can ride Presque Isle trail.

Richmond Jake

"...get that son of a bitch off the field." Get that son of bitch out of the White House.

TOFB

Cyburbian
Closing the pool sucks, but the neighbors ash tree is going to start dumping leaves by the bushel basket any day now.

Richmond Jake

I deactivated my account on the NextDoor Neighbors web site. It was interesting until our next door neighbor accused us of being racists and bigots.

DVD

Cyburbian
I deactivated my account on the NextDoor Neighbors web site. It was interesting until our next door neighbor accused us of being racists and bigots.

I'm sure a lot of people could accuse you of a lot of things (drunk dialing), but that doesn't seem to be on the list.

Watched some K-State country line dancers
Saw the new Star Wars movie. I love the little birds.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
The church on the side I go to on Sunday evenings sang traditional carols and had a Christmas themed message. They had a soup and cookies get together afterwards that I actually went to. It ended up being a good evening.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
3 loads of laundry
ran the dishwasher
recycling run - paper
reading a book

how exciting is that ?

Planit

Cyburbian
Church (service was in our newly renovated 1889 chapel)
Stuffed all the packed Christmas decorations up in the attic for hibernation
Vacuumed house
2 loads of laundry
Watched Panthers loose

We had a scare Friday night when we got a phone call the Mrs. P's dad went to the hospital. He went home that night, but Mrs. P wanted to be over there this weekend. I figured I'd have that stuff done when she got home. She was so distracted she didn't noticed for about an hour.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
So like we had breakfast at a breakfast restaurant this morning This was like five hours ago, and I'm still feeling stuffed.

Richmond Jake

Hollywood is calling for my movie rights. I wonder how much those go for and what will it be titled. Gotta call my agent.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I decided it was warm enough to wash the salt and winter grime off my navy blue car yesterday. I learned a lesson, too. It’s hard to see all the grime on a dark colored dirty car when the car wash is poorly illuminated. I just got back from re-washing it. Looks much better.

kms

Cyburbian
I went to a bbq joint with my cycling friends and planned cycling events.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Is it ok not to accomplish much of anything on a sunday afternoon ?

Richmond Jake

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time..."

"I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything."

"In Vegas, I got into a long argument with the man at the roulette wheel over what I considered to be an odd number."

"Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories."

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done."

"I intend to live for ever. So far, so good."

~ Steven Wright.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
2 loads of laundry
USGS National Map Corps editing
recycling
posting here & on FB

Richmond Jake

Three text messages were marked as "Not Delivered" last night. I guess I was blocked and no one wants to hear my responses.

Richmond Jake

I am convinced, beyond a reasonable doubt, that our congressman is not blind. He has a regional office across the hall from me. He has two staff members: both blonde, young, slim, and attractive. One drives a Mercedes.

A few nights ago, ZG inadverntly elbowed my ribs. Just above the scar where the tube was inserted and removed to treat my partially collapsed lung.

I napped by the pool yesterday. Now I have sunburn. Doctor will not be happy with me.

kms

Cyburbian
It’s too cold to play outside, so it’s a nesting day. Breakfast for the week is done, downstairs is clean. I’m going to a graduation dinner at 6, which is a little later than I’d like to go, but it’s family.

Planit

Cyburbian
Went to the in-laws yesterday afternoon. Very hot and everyone stayed inside. The original idea was to grill hotdogs, but that changed and we stopped by the grocery store and bought several meats, cheeses, lettuce, et cetera and made a deli bar. Much better.

After we went home, I unpacked my dad's day gift of a new grill and put it together. Not a bad day.

Hope all you Father's...Dad's...had a great day!

Richmond Jake

I'm experiencing sleep and bowel issues. The fault lies squarely on The Palouse!!

kms

Cyburbian
I’m going for a bike ride with friends, then it’s time to pack for a conference.

Richmond Jake

Does the Flat Earth Society believe only the Earth is flat and not the other planets? Asking for a friend. :D

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I visited WalMart* for the first time ever yesterday. It was everything I dreaded it would be.:-o

Friday, I bitched on my blog about how Harley Quinn's origin story is a mansplained piece of crap that completely craps on the idea of women having any agency.

Saturday, I republished my five page alternate origin story that makes some actual sense given what we see of the character in the story where she was introduced, before they tacked on some ridiculous origin story that doesn't hold water and then began having the Joker be abusive to her in line with the ridiculous origin story.

It's Sunday. Why hasn't this gone viral yet? Why don't I have a Hollywoood movie offer yet for writing a script?

No one appreciates my genius. :-@:-@:-@

kms

Cyburbian
Nesting day, and the house smells like the lasagne that’s in the oven.

Richmond Jake

I'm saying it one more time: it's not my job to find a location for your consumption on-premises liquor license.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I may have a sinus infection. I'm not down with any antibiotics, though. I'll tough it out. Most sinus infections resolve on their own if you do/take nothing.

kms

Cyburbian
Temps are in the low 50’s and I’m not ready to turn on the furnace. There’s a whole lotta cooking going on here this afternoon. I raised the temperature in the house by 4 degrees. Now, if those dishes would just put away themselves away, this would be a perfect day.

Planit

Cyburbian
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care - as well as all of the rest of Christmas decorating at the house.

Richmond Jake

I'm so screwed. My career is officially a dumpster fire. FML.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
We still have the family room tree to put up as well as the village, but are otherwise done with putting up decorations.

Planit

Cyburbian
I saw Sasquatch yesterday!!!

Went to the in-laws yesterday and as we were leaving we looked in the woods across the street and saw Sasquatch leaning against a tree. My BIL later told us, the neighbors made a full-size plywood cutout and put it up on New Years and left it.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
A neighbor sent my wife a photo before Christmas with the question... can he build it. Today I installed exactly what they asked for and they handed me cash. I am going back tomorrow to install a few trim pieces because I don’t like how some of the lines are, but overall, I am happy with it.

That is how I spent the second half of my Sunday. The first half was learning and talking about Genesis 1:27.