• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The Sweetums Thread....again

Jeff

Cyburbian
Allright, since I don't think we got to the bottom of this before the server blew up....

Who is claiming Sweetums...???

Kelly ????

bturk ??? Something you're not telling us?

I would totally understand if "Sweetums" didn't want to make an announcement, but I promise you it wasn't a member of the Mateja family.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Yeah, it ended up being pretty funny, but I wasn't laughing at first. I don't know what she was up to really - I know she's curious about Cyburbia and all the antics that go on around here.

She didn't count on the ability of the Cyburbia Brain Trust to see where she was posting from. Imagine my horror when I saw that IP address pop up...

Sorry to disappoint, but it doesn't look like she'll be hanging around here and telling any incriminating stories about me.

Speaking of which - is Bwana13 still around? We really didn't hear that much about Downtown Kelly Brown...

Jeff

Cyburbian
Damn and you haven't even been married a year and she's already spying on you....welcome to the clube!

nerudite

Cyburbian
From the way she wrote I thought it was a guy... I didn't bother with the IP address, since I didn't really care *that* much about who it was. I've thought of inviting my b.f. to post a bit... but to tell you the truth, he's not that interested. He just likes to look at all the weird sites that Dan finds. Wheeeeee!

donk

Cyburbian
Not being a super tech geek, but always curious and willing to learn, how do you find the IP address of someone posting to message boards such as this one?

donk said:
Not being a super tech geek, but always curious and willing to learn, how do you find the IP address of someone posting to message boards such as this one?
At the main page, click on the "Currently Active Users" link and you will see who's online, viewing whatever forums, and what their IP is.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Yup, IP Adresses are only open to Moderators (and up), not for anybody...
I know this because I am a Moderator in another vB Forum.... so I'd guess it's the same here...

donk

Cyburbian
The reason I asked is that on one of the other forums I read people talk about other people's IP addresses, i figured it must be part of the page's code or something.

Last edited:
Mike DeVuono said:

Not today...Kelly took her medicine ;)
Hee. My alter ego spends lots of time in the TWOP (television without pity) boards. she's really one of my best friends from my Geneseo days, and quite possibly one of the funniest people I know, well, aside from bturk and guapo.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Kelly - you went to Geneseo? One of the guys I went to grad school with went there for undergrad. He's from NY originally, came to MI for grad school, and is now in DC. Small world huh ?! I think I need to email him......

Jeff

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
Kelly - you went to Geneseo? One of the guys I went to grad school with went there for undergrad. He's from NY originally, came to MI for grad school, and is now in DC. Small world huh ?! I think I need to email him......
Cool...

some more stories about Dowtown passing out in bathrooms...