• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

the things kids do....

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Many of you probably recall the picures I've posted in the past of my daughter....well....she decided on Tuesday night to take some scissors off the hutch, and cut her own hair. My wife had to to a quick fix up.....but her nice long blonde hair is no more.....

After:

NHPlanner

Staff member
Here's a before pic....

NHPlanner

Staff member
Another "after" angle:

nerudite

Cyburbian
I think she looks cute! That's not a bad haircut at all... although I know it hurts to see such pretty hair self-cut. My b.f.'s seven year old decided to dye his hair with spraypaint from the basement a few months ago. Luckily he only got most of the tips so when we had to get out the clippers it didn't look too bad afterwards.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I think it looks cute too :)

Definately could have been worse - my dad cut my sister's hair when she was like 5 and it was so bad they had to cut most of it off. She ended up with a pixie cute for like 6 years.

Jeff

Cyburbian
At least she didn't go for the Sinead O'connor look...it could've been alot worse :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
awww what a cute hip hair cut!

hehe be glad she did not attack YOUR hair in your sleep-my sister did this to my dad *who sleeps like the dead*

took a couple big hunks out before he woke up

had to get a buzz cut to hide it

NHPlanner

Staff member
TexasPlanner said:
Yeah, bobs with bangs are "in" this year- she's up with the fashions. :)
If only the bangs were even.... :) I like the hair short, it's just a huge adjustment!

The other "problem" is the little tuft on the top of her head that likes to stick straight up!

I personally think my wife did an amazing job to get it to look as good as it does.....the results of Kylie's initial cut weren't retty. :p

She's scheduled to see the hairdresser tonight to get whatever we can "fixed." :)

PlannerGirl said:
awww what a cute hip hair cut!

hehe be glad she did not attack YOUR hair in your sleep-my sister did this to my dad *who sleeps like the dead*

took a couple big hunks out before he woke up

had to get a buzz cut to hide it
I kind of wish she had attacked my hair...it's in dire need of a cut, and I've been too lazy or too busy to make it to the barber to get it cut.....I think it's been since September when I went out for my buddy's wedding in Indiana since I last had a cut.

Last edited:

el Guapo

Capitalist
She's just too darn cute no matter what her hair looks like. My sister got into my model airplane paints when we were both little. She had olive drab fingernails and toenails and I was the one that ended up getting in trouble.

kms

Cyburbian
Your wife did a great job fixing daughter's hair; maybe she can trim yours as well.

My boys have cut their hair, too. One even cut deeper into his crew cut.

I bought a set of trimmers so we can cut the boys' hair at home. My husband decided he would cut the young one's hair, right before his birthday. Ugh. He tried to give a haircut using the electric trimmers and the poor kid looked like an Amish boy. Jack thought it looked fine, but wouldn't allow me to give him the same haircut.

Fortunately, these mistakes grow out.

She really is such a cutie! your wife really did an amazing job - i do wish you'd gotten a pic before the damage control. Amazingly, neither me nor my siblings ever did the self hair cut thing - although i did used to feed my little brother dead flies off the window sill.

A couple of months ago, Rob decided he didn't want to pay for haircuts anymore, since he's getting so thin in front, so he went out and bought clippers that came with a hair cutting video. I watched the damn thing twice and then decided just to do a "4" over his whole head - i really really liked it, but his mom thought he looked like a cancer victim, so since then it's taken me three times as long to cut his hair since i can't just buzz the whole thing. if i have boys, they're all getting crew cuts - sooo much easier!

NHPlanner

Staff member
Well...we took Kylie to the hairdresser last night, the bangs are as evened out as they can be, and she evened out the back a bit. It'll be a while before I can post a "post-hairdresser" pic, since my mother in law is driving down from Maine and picking her up at day care today....then taking her back to Maine for a week. :) Ahhh....some alone time with my wife...... :) :)