• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The thread of randomness

nerudite

Cyburbian
For original artwork...

Here's a chair outside a cafe in the middle of the Sahara, about an hour north of the Siwa Oasis.

nerudite

Cyburbian
And on a less artistic note, here's my boyfriend standing next to the Ball Washer...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Especially true in The Town Next Door.

AMEN! i hate those stupid stickers! One of the best cartoons of all time, and this is calvin's legacy? blargh.

Habanero

Cyburbian
It is sad, but I made a pic of Calvin peeing in a bowl of Cheerios for my fav co-worker because he'd always say he peed in someone's cheerios if he gave them a bad answer or crushed their dreams.. I gave it to him while he was on the phone with a particulary awful applicant though, and I thought he was going to implode while trying to hold his laughter in-

Jeff

Cyburbian
Dan I really do think you are a closet Earnhardt fan. You sure do have plenty of pictures of him :)

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
My contribution to the randomness...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Bailey, the official Portuguese Water Dog of Cyburbia.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
RESPECT THE FRIDAY AFTERNOON CLUB!

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
nerudite said:
Beaner... you are twisted, but funny...
Thanks!

I loved the Nancy strip when I was a kid. Must have been the bow in the hair and all that innocence...

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
Plannergirl said
What about engineers? I guess that is why they have liability insurance.
Wearing the engineering pinky ring isn't as prevalent in the states. Almost every engineer I've met in Canada has one of those... where I think I've only met a handful in the States. So... maybe we just can't trust *Canadian* engineer. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
Tranplanner and nerudite you both as bored as me?

At least I am getting alot of important work done (planning my vacation and looking for cheap flights).

nerudite

Cyburbian
I have a bunch of deadlines today... so this is actually good for me. But yeah, it is pretty boring right now. I haven't had the chance to nearly squirt hot coffee out my nose onto my screen.

So where are you going on vacation?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I'm too busy to be bored today...

Have to find a way to skip out tomorrow afternoon and catch the Leafs game on T.V. Who the hell do these Americans think they are scheduling sporting events when civilized countries have to work? ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
I'm too busy to be bored today...

Have to find a way to skip out tomorrow afternoon and catch the Leafs game on T.V. Who the hell do these Americans think they are scheduling sporting events when civilized countries have to work? ;)
Is there an early game tomorrow? Sweet! I have tomorrow off anyway... hurray for RDOs! I don't know about Toronto, but generally many municipalities in the Edmonton area get every other Friday off mandatory.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Do you get paid for the day? We used to have "Rae" days here (named after the then premier who introduced them), but not any more.

Leafs-Flyers start at 1:00p.m. EST tomorrow.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donk

Cyburbian
vacation

looking at san francisco to visit family, sometime in february or march.

I know the weather is poor, but it is better then here.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Do you get paid for the day? We used to have "Rae" days here (named after the then premier who introduced them), but not any more.

Leafs-Flyers start at 1:00p.m. EST tomorrow.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We aren't paid for RDOs... we just work 40 hours one week and 32 hours the next week and it's all figured into our salaries. So on an hour for hour basis, I make a pretty good wage... but my overall salary isn't that high. I don't mind though... having every other Friday off guaranteed is an awesome bennie.

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
vacation

looking at san francisco to visit family, sometime in february or march.

I know the weather is poor, but it is better then here.
San Francisco is beautiful in March (and in February IMO)... it's July and August that you need to watch out for (foggy/windy... very cold). The coldest day I've spent in S.F. was on July 4th several years ago... nearly froze my knickers off and you couldn't see fireworks through all the fog so they cancelled the show.